Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 - Complaining thread

Hello Codemasters,
Things I don't understand about Dirt Rally 2.0:
- Why 2.0 and not 1.0 again? After all this is not an expansion or anything similar, brand new game.
- Would will ever be able to play more than 6 locations per game? It's a bit stupid having to install a different game to plat a different location, when a real version 2 expanding 1 could be done.
- DLC? Deluxe edition? Seriously? I guess same as Dirt 4, DLC will be available and then if it doesn't sell well... well, we will be on our own with the same bugs, so no support.
- Hype again. Lets make noise, you can announce the 3.0, to be released in 2020. I hope the pre-order opens soon for that one too.
- Please start uploading some videos to tell us how good the handling is, and how good the generator is, but please, before anyone actually plays it.
- Are roadbooks back? That's something I like at least until March 2019.
Please take care of you customers and respect them this time. I will not pre-order this time as I felt cheated with Dirt 4 (and I can wait till March to get it at 50% if it sells like th latest one), but I hope it turns out well.
Edit to add a few extra:
- No Russian language as reported by @Aaa1981
- No beta access.
- In the UK they will be launching a "Super Deluxe" edition, seriously? SUPER DELUXE.
- No VR support.
- Pre-order with a very brief explanation about the game.
- Heavy DRM (Denuvo or similar).
- Colours should be improved, more like the real life and not a cartoon. @toninus
- No mixed surface. @toninus

So they announce it, and the first thing that comes to your mind is to make a complaint thread? That's just beyond sad, haha.

So they announce it, and the first thing that comes to your mind is to make a complaint thread? That's just beyond sad, haha.
We still have 5 months so they think about adding future support to the game, I will not leave them relax this time.

We still have 5 months so they think about adding future support to the game, I will not leave them relax this time.
Good call. They've clearly been listening to you closely thus far. 

tbtstt said:
Clearly I will ask for beta access.

tbtstt said:
Clearly I will ask for beta access.
Clearly they will grant you this.

People who want an ‘update’ for an already existing game that has been out for years clearly have no idea how businesses work.

People who want an ‘update’ for an already existing game that has been out for years clearly have no idea how businesses work.
Clearly.

I know how businesses work, the problem is the support they give to their games. I'm OK if they say, "OK guys here is our annual title, buy it and we will forget about you till next year, where we will take your money again". At least the F1 guys have the same cars, updated handling and same circuits, plus some extra historical cars. Every time we get DIRT we get random cars and tracks, an probably random handling again. It would be nice if this was not a DLC of Dirt Rally but a "Hey guys we worked over the previous version, and now you also can race in these additional countries".

I know how businesses work, the problem is the support they give to their games. I'm OK if they say, "OK guys here is our annual title, buy it and we will forget about you till next year, where we will take your money again". At least the F1 guys have the same cars, updated handling and same circuits, plus some extra historical cars. Every time we get DIRT we get random cars and tracks, an probably random handling again. It would be nice if this was not a DLC of Dirt Rally but a "Hey guys we worked over the previous version, and now you also can race in these additional countries".
But this isn’t just some updated handling and new locations, it’s a completely new game. Completely new career mode, deformable roads, tyre choices, new cars, new locations. That’s more than just something you would add onto an old game

No WRC licence again? Just another random speed tests called career?Cmon codies you can hold F1 licence for 8 years witch very good career and cannot catch WRC licence?

But this isn’t just some updated handling and new locations, it’s a completely new game. Completely new career mode, deformable roads, tyre choices, new cars, new locations. That’s more than just something you would add onto an old game
There is no perfect game. There is two ways of tackling the development, and they've chosen to not make real progress with each release. What I'm trying to say, if you think about Project Cars 2 for example, version 1 is not great, but in version 2 you get almost all the previous content plus improved handling and extra locations.

They don't make a new game. They take what they already have, put a new face on it and incorporate some extra things. They don't start from the scratch. It's nice we get something different, but it's a real shame we loose some much every time. Without support we get bored of the game after a few months, and they we wait to pay another £30. If they wanted there would be plenty of people playing online for example, but it's easy to feel they are done and dusted when released. And event worse, they always keep this thing of, "we are listening", "we will say something in 2 weeks".

Game launches February 26th. 153 days from now, or 5 months if you prefer. Maybe you could wait for more info and gameplay, that will surely come out in the next weeks and months, and then make your decision? No one is forcing you to preorder on announcement day at gunpoint... 

Neomo said:
No WRC licence again? Just another random speed tests called career?Cmon codies you can hold F1 licence for 8 years witch very good career and cannot catch WRC licence?
Not much point in getting the license. WRC would impose too many restrictions on the content plus the challenge of creating 13 rally locations would take more time and overall diminish the quality of the stages. Personally I prefer the more raw nature of non wrc locations and non wrc cars. 

Adding future support = rebranding the whole thing as WRC 2019?

Listen, I get your frustration. You have with religious belief been pounding everybody that it was WRC 2019. You did in fact pretty much promise this time and time again. I get the disapointment, but creating a whining thread a few minutes after the announcement is just.... sad.

Neomo said:
Not much point in getting the license. WRC would impose too many restrictions on the content plus the challenge of creating 13 rally locations would take more time and overall diminish the quality of the stages. Personally I prefer the more raw nature of non wrc locations and non wrc cars. 
Depends on priority ofc but if studio like Milestone or Kylotonn (no offense) could release full championchip with all three class WRC junior,WRC2 and WRC i think codies could make it much better.Just imagine something like wrc7 in codies hands.Great potential i think.But yes i understand there is many racers that just enjoy time beating on random tracks with differnt cars like 70s/80s/90s etc

I've got two complains:

I'm not able to play it yet.

Where the heck is Toyota, seriously Japanese people just give the licence to Codies FFS

Hello Codemasters,

Things I don't understand about Dirt Rally 2.0:

- Why 2.0 and not 1.0 again? After all this is not an expansion or anything similar, brand new game.- Who Cares
- Would will ever be able to play more than 6 locations per game? It's a bit stupid having to install a different game to plat a different location, when a real version 2 expanding 1 could be done.- They said 3 DLC with 6 more locations. Read
- DLC? Deluxe edition? Seriously? I guess same as Dirt 4, DLC will be available and then if it doesn't sell well... well, we will be on our own with the same bugs, so no support. - Who cares
- Hype again. Lets make noise, you can announce the 3.0, to be released in 2020. I hope the pre-order opens soon for that one too. - Call a Whambulance

I am wondering what you would do if the game was released... killing every person who likes this game you spot?