Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuel bug when transition from Dry to Wet in the Pits

Ok, I can't be the only one having this bug, every single time I start the race in dry weather and then rain came, pitted for wet tires and when I came out, my Fuel went from +0.30 to -2.55, it's getting very annoying cause this is ruining my Career races when I keep my Fuel mix standard only to go for Lean mix for the rest of the race.

Let me know if you guys had this bug, if this happened to you, watch your MFD!

Just had the same issue for the first time at Singapore tonight started off dry then switched to wet...went into the pits at +.25 lap of fuel and put on inters and came out -.9 even after switching to lean fuel mix...it didn't take me too long to get back to positive...keep in mind it started to downpour a few laps later and had to switch to full wets and my pace was nightmarish ended up with a huge train behind me...but because the ai are so slow out of the final corner they can't pass me

Ok, it happened again, this time in Brazil, O had +0.40 Fuel, it started Dry but when we go to Wet and pitted for Inters, my Fuel dropped to -3.25 instantly. Codies need to fix this glitch, it makes Dry to Wet races in Career Mode un-enjoyable 

I got hit with this one. Went to lean to deal with the new fuel level and the thing that got even weirder was then I suddenly got almost a lap of fuel back. Ok... back to standard...

Zachrulez said:
I got hit with this one. Went to lean to deal with the new fuel level and the thing that got even weirder was then I suddenly got almost a lap of fuel back. Ok... back to standard...
Not doing the race strategy practice program is the only way to fix this, only affects 100% race distance as far as I can tell.

Ok, it happened again, and this time I wasn't in the Pits and on track as soon as it's time to change to Inters, seriously why's this bug still in the game, I hate forcing to Lean mix when I had a chunk of fuel taken away for no reason.

P.S My races are in 50% race distance.

That don't really sound as a bug. You use more fuel with intermediate and rain tires. If you see that it rain take more fuel with you.

It could actually be fuel use recalculation for the rain. Cause I think my levels changed back when the rain stopped.

Zachrulez said:
It could actually be fuel use recalculation for the rain. Cause I think my levels changed back when the rain stopped.
That is what mean haha thanks

It does seem to make sense. I even confirmed that's exactly what happened just now by re-watching video of that race. If you have rain for the remainder of a race like that it doesn't hurt anything going to lean anyway. I'm usually running lower modes when it rains anyway as it's easier to control the car that way. With ERS being a factor in this year's game I run most of the races I do almost exclusively in standard mix as well.

Not a bug. It's working as intended lol. How accurate it is could be debatable? My understanding is that it should be the other way around. When it's wet the fuel you have should take you longer because you're not driving as hard and feathering the throttle under acceleration. Those things generally equate to better fuel mileage. It works that way in the game when it's dry. How it doesn't work that way when it rains I'm not sure. 

The complete opposite happened to me. The race went from wet to dry and my fuel went from +1.70 laps to +5.43 laps right after Jeff suggested a new strategy. I also noticed that after you exit the pit lane during a race you will have 0.10 less laps of fuel

The complete opposite happened to me. The race went from wet to dry and my fuel went from +1.70 laps to +5.43 laps right after Jeff suggested a new strategy. I also noticed that after you exit the pit lane during a race you will have 0.10 less laps of fuel
Same happened to me, fuel load increased.

This happened to me yesterday at Spa. I had +1.3 before the rain arrived, then as soon as it started raining it went to +4. It dried out for the last 10 laps then I had -.5. I don't think this is a bug though because surely in real life cars will use less fuel as there's less time on throttle & the braking distances are longer?

Dont think its a bug, the remaining fuel would be calculated on your last posted lap times so if you came into the pits on, say, a 1:19 dry time as soon as you put wets on the game says "well the track is now doing (lets say) 1:30s because its wet so if you're doing 1:19s youre not going to have enough fuel". That's why people are seeing the opposite when going from wet to dry. If it happens again keep and eye on how much it changes after you set your 1st lap time on the new tyres, it should normalise pretty quickly.