Sign in to follow this  

Rally Online

I think even the most hardcore fans among us have been very critical where it has been due. But this is balanced by rational thought. With this title there is certainly part of me resigned to just giving cm the benefit of the doubt. A part of me that says if we get another half baked stirred porridge title like d4 then my wallet closes to cm.
That said I am really happy they have implemented A lot of the things we asked for and that deserves a chance. There's only one choice here: to buy or not to buy. No point endlessly trolling, @eii because if cm don't listen then why bother posting?

Rallystu2 said:
I think even the most hardcore fans among us have been very critical where it has been due. But this is balanced by rational thought. With this title there is certainly part of me resigned to just giving cm the benefit of the doubt. A part of me that says if we get another half baked stirred porridge title like d4 then my wallet closes to cm.
That said I am really happy they have implemented A lot of the things we asked for and that deserves a chance. There's only one choice here: to buy or not to buy. No point endlessly trolling, @eii because if cm don't listen then why bother posting?
I tend to judge each title individually, even if a company has got a bad history there is always a chance they hit the marks with the next one.

I preordered DR2.0 the week it was announced. Loved DR and preordered D4 and both games were fantastic in their own ways.
As I only play rally games (mostly from CM) I'm very excited about DR2 and can't wait for Jan 22nd - haven played any game for a few month now as I wanted a break but now my engine begins to warm up again...!

For Rally Online (Think this is the title of this thread) I'd love to see that people start in order like in real rallies and that track degration takes place then - that would be absolutely cool!

@LutzM

That's a good point, and something I feel would be much more beneficial than visual staggered starts personally.

How would you start an event though? Luck of the draw or all even for the first stage?

As it's only day one, luck of the draw could work. Or based on some sort of rating system

To be honest, I don't know how it's handeld in real life, but I would do it the way it's done there.
For the first event of a season/championship I'd probably use the luck of the draw.
For the following events then use the way it's done in real rallye life - and on top the classes are also included in this order if the championship is held in different classes. Same for the weather. 
If you have exact the same conditions for everybody it will be a Hotlap-Competition at some point as it was in DR. So changing track and (a bit) weather conditions would make the thing more realistic!!

@LutzM
In real life, it's usually dependent upon seeding, and I agree that long-term that's where Codemasters need to be working towards, having a ladder system of some sort and using this for a 'seeding', but I guess there needs to be an 'unseeded' way of doing it too.

Certain other championships (e.g. WRC) do it in championship order, but that's not really applicable here, and some (e.g. ERC) have a qualifying stage (I wonder if 'shakedown' mode is loaded after the deformed surface - I imagine it is).

bogani said:
Would you rather wait 6-12 months longer to get something else?
Instead of getting the already classic annual cm half-assed game with minimum content, aka dr2 now this year?, heck brah tell me where I can sign for that. And two years extra of waiting if necessary, or as much time as necessary
You know there lotta classic rally games that kept and still keep me entertained to this day, to name a few wrc1,2 and 3 of the ps2, specially wrc 2003 which was too good to be true and still play it to this day on a regular basis. And RBR, and dr1, and...
You know. I mean can wait for as much extra time as necessary for a better rally game instead of another cm half-assed entry to this lackluster series that dirt has always been.
Do you want more time codemasters to create a proper rally game with proper content stage wise?, heck take it!, It won't me because of me
ah, but you have to make quick cash year after year. Right. So this last humble suggestion sure does not compute in your tight annual schedule of releasing half backed games. But hey.., did I hear you are listening to community this time?, sure sure. I just had to try sorry.

eii said:
bogani said:
Would you rather wait 6-12 months longer to get something else?
Instead of getting the already classic annual cm half-assed game with minimum content, aka dr2 now this year?, heck brah tell me where I can sign for that. And two years extra of waiting if necessary, or as much time as necessary
You know there lotta classic rally games that kept and still keep me entertained to this day, to name a few wrc1,2 and 3 of the ps2, specially wrc 2003 which was too good to be true and still play it to this day on a regular basis. And RBR, and dr1, and...

You know. I can wait for a better rally game instead of another cm half-assed entry to this lackluster series that dirt has always been
Fair enough.

They already have a 12 month support plan for DR2 which differs from previous titles. They also communicated that they are willing to add support even further if that is what the community wants.