Sign in to follow this  

Cross Platform Play announced **Will we see this Codies**

Sony and Microsoft have announced cross platform play release. They started with Fortnite. Will we see this with F1 2018 @jennyannem
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-26-playstation-4-gets-cross-play-with-nintendo-switch-and-xbox-one

Awesome!! I've been waiting for cross platform gaming for over a decade. I really hope they can do this with F1 2018 or 2019.

highly unlikely since the cars behave slightly different ik the xbox is different than pc but idk if ps4 and xbox are different 

It'll be for specific games only I'd imagine. This won't be out of the goodness of their own heart. They couldn't care less, probably only agreed to do it for fortnite when they heard what huge monies they were missing out on.

Would make a lot of sense for sport games like FIFA, NBA 2K, Maddedn etc for crossplay - FIFA  Pro Clubs would mean we could really start having legit epsorts leagues.

Not sure how well it would work with racing games though. Cross platform lobby glitches and multispawns on the grid? They would need dedicated servers and its very unlikely they'd spend that money without an extra way to fleece it back out of us.