DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

Eh I rather have that than your stage. And apart from argentina, i believe the two long stages are different. No ultra long stage that's chopped up
But we know it's the case for the NZ stages at least. New England stages also look quite similar... Don't expect much differences from how it was in DR1...

It's based on one looooong(25-30km) IRL stage in each country and that one is split up as two long stages. Then there is reverse variants of those and sprint stages based on those 2 long stages.

Obviously we all would have wanted MOAR but yeah, it is what it is. 

I can tell you that dancing that Fiesta R5 over the banked NZ roads are something special indeed  B)

Eh I rather have that than your stage. And apart from argentina, i believe the two long stages are different. No ultra long stage that's chopped up
Me too but I was expecting for at least three long stages and a few short stages unrelated to those.
No offence, but if you were expecting that it was based on nothing more than your own hopes. Even though it took ages to confirm, it's been clear for ages this is what they would be doing.

I cant understand how Dakar 18 has such a huge map being a tiny newcomer studio, and codemasters can make only 12 stages for Dirt Rally's, and the quality of the maps in Dakar 18 is quite good for being that large

I cant understand how Dakar 18 has such a huge map being a tiny newcomer studio, and codemasters can make only 12 stages for Dirt Rally's, and the quality of the maps in Dakar 18 is quite good for being that large
+1000.

Edited to mention that Bigmoon uses Unreal Engine's satellite data import tool to create the maps. 

Engine.
Physics.                             
Those two factors affect the stage length, not the number of stages. And granted that Codies is now extracting 15+km stages from the dated EGO engine is actually quite good.

@Fedemaisonnave was referring to the quantity of stages in particular. I understand that DiRT Rally stages look very nice, with great ambiance and surroundings, and lots of neat details. But to be honest it is disappointing that the sequel to DiRT Rally has the same number of stages (12 long stages inverted makes 24 total). I was hoping they would double the number of long stages per rally to four (eight if inverted).

You can't really compare DR stages and a big open map that's mostly just desert. The roads and trails in Dakar 18 were probably made with an automated tool, too.

bogani said:
I can tell you that dancing that Fiesta R5 over the banked NZ roads are something special indeed  B)
"Sh** N****! That's all you had to say!"

Hello all!

My wishlist:

1., Hungarian tracks, with

a, “Kirald korgyors” - Kirald Superspecial

b, “Bukkszentlaszlo-Bukkszentkereszt” 

c, “Parasznya-Lyukobanya”

d, “Orfu”

e, “Sirok-Egerbakta”

f, “Zagyvarona-Cered”

g, "Kohanyas"

And this stages reverse mode.

2., Japan stages from CMR 2005. 

Best regards,

Gabor Sike.

1 hour ago, Joosua said:

I hope that we could have Finland in Dirt 2.0 like we had in Dirt.

Season 3 or 4, for sure!

It would be great if Dirt Rally 2.0 would still be included in the Finnish Rally. The best thing was Dirt Rally where the previous version had Finland included.