DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

Montago said:
I just hope that the rest of the locations are waaaay harder.
Pretty sure Argentina would have that covered. :p

Montago said:
@SkyRex

Hi, yes i did watch the whole thing... 
But it seems that its meant to be a stroll in the park according to the other replies. 

I just hope that the rest of the locations are waaaay harder. This particular stage resembles the stages we had in Dirt 4. 
Not every rally stage in the world is difficult. It’s good to have a range of hard technical and smoother flowing ones

@edgenz Top work! Nice find.

@Montago I don't see it as much different to Finland in Dirt Rally in this regard (just with less time spent unrealistically airborne), but I see what you mean. I'm concerned Poland and USA might feel very similar to this, but we'll see. As the others have said though, New Zealand is famous for these style of stages, so it's a good representation for me.

I guess the 'other' stage (assuming there's still only two per location) will be the remainder of this stage. So we know this and El Condor, presumably four to go. Anyone know of any 'iconic' Polish stages?

@edgenz Top work! Nice find.

@Montago I don't see it as much different to Finland in Dirt Rally in this regard (just with less time spent unrealistically airborne), but I see what you mean. I'm concerned Poland and USA might feel very similar to this, but we'll see. As the others have said though, New Zealand is famous for these style of stages, so it's a good representation for me.

I guess the 'other' stage (assuming there's still only two per location) will be the remainder of this stage. So we know this and El Condor, presumably four to go. Anyone know of any 'iconic' Polish stages?
For Poland I would love to get "Paprotki" stage. It was used as power stage in 2017, and it's very fast, flowing, has a lot of jumps, and tarmac section in the village and I think it's quite iconic as it was used in most of Rally Poland editions. I think it would be a good choice, but the decisions were already made

Montago said:
@SkyRex

Hi, yes i did watch the whole thing... 
But it seems that its meant to be a stroll in the park according to the other replies. 

I just hope that the rest of the locations are waaaay harder. This particular stage resembles the stages we had in Dirt 4. 
Not every rally stage in the world is difficult. It’s good to have a range of hard technical and smoother flowing ones

Sounds like Richard burns rally syndrome

Think I found the Argentina stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NXyxQmMQ0

Go to 22:03 and see the "One Left tightens Hairpin Left"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwbexpPMAk

Now, go to 2:15 and see the hairpin left from that footage.

I followed the footage for one minute before the camera angle in that Loeb footage started nauseating me (weird camera angle). So I am fairly certain that that is the stage.

According to this interview with Ross and Jon from the press day; Argentina, New Zealand, Australia and Poland are D:R 2.0's loose surface events. So unless Ross forgot about the USA's existence again, that information narrows down the USA location to a non-loose surface rally. Same for Spain as well I guess, but the forum has already suspected that Spain would involve tarmac.

Malkael said:
According to this interview with Ross and Jon from the press day; Argentina, New Zealand, Australia and Poland are D:R 2.0's loose surface events. So unless Ross forgot about the USA's existence again, that information narrows down the USA location to a non-loose surface rally. Same for Spain as well I guess, but the forum has already suspected that Spain would involve tarmac.
I find it kind of hard to believe that there wouldn't be a snow event at launch. I mean, there could be a snow event added after launch, but for free. One snow location has to be accessible to everyone. Having to buy DLC just to drive on the snow doesn't sound exactly right.

Rally drivers are meant to be the most fearless drivers in the world, right?
  • Ice with snow.
  • Sharp edges to those same concrete roads.
  • Narrow tracks.
  • The Nastiest Corners

yBruno0 said:
Montalegre's (PORTUGAL)  facebook page confirmed that the track is in dirt rally 2.0
Of course it is, we already know that the first 8 rounds of the championship are in.

Yup, and probably 2 more in the first 2 seasons, and all the championship if seasons 3 and 4 happen.

Which means the 2 other tracks of the DLCs will be 2 stages in a new country to rally on. And also that every country will only have 2 tracks (+ sprints and reverses), like in the first DR.
I hope for MonteCarlo, Safari, Germany and one Asian location (because there will be no track in Asia or Africa otherwise).

The question is : are the NZ and Argentina tracks we know long stages or just sprints ? :smiley:
NZ is 11 km long, but Argentina is only 8 km. I wouldn't mind a full 15 km stage in Argentina, and 20 in NZ.

@toninus 

I read the DLC 'seasons' as three new locations, so likely 2x RX and 1x Rally (2 stages), but could be wrong - some clarification wouldn't hurt.

Regarding stage length, again some clarification would be nice but I imagine we've seen two 'long-form' stages with another for each country to show.

True, a lot of websites said tracks, so I tought it was tracks. But it's even better if it's locations ! :smile:
So seasons 3 and 4, 1 rally + 1 hillclimb ?  :p 

The first two seasons will complete the World RX championship with 2 of the remaining 4 rounds on each season. The third location in each season will be for rally.
What's really confusing me is how many seasons does Codemasters really have planned? Is it only the first two and more if there is demand, or are there more than 2 seasons already planned? :|

2 are confirmed, but they say they have plans for more if the game is succesful.

The first two seasons will comkplete the World RX championship with 2 of the remaining 4 rounds on each season. The third location in each season will be for rally.
What's really confusing me is how many seasons does Codemasters really have planned? Is it only the first two and more if there is demand, or are there more than 2 seasons already planned? :|
The 2 seasons is 6 months, and they will support the game for another 6 months if there is demand for it.

I think people are losing a bit the track of things. Let's get serious everyone and focus on what DiRT Rally brought and the whole logic behind it.
While I'm not against people suggesting rallies like Peru, Morocco, tarmac Japan, etc, I think maybe we should focus on the base first and start asking for rallies like Monte Carlo, Sweden, Finland, Wales, Corsica, Deutschland, etc. Basically, the main rallies and which are part of the WRC calendar.

While it would seem fun to a couple of people having Peru or another rally that noone really heard about, think about V-Rally 4 and DiRT 4's Michigan. Don't get too adrift and focus on what matters. Same thing for the suggested cars. Why would you pick Mazdas and modern BMWs instead of demanding the historic cars such as Subaru 22B, Peugeot 206, Citroen Xsara, Toyota Corolla, Lancer Evo V/VI and so on? If you start putting too much random crap you'll end up with a game similar to DiRT 4 where people play for a week and then leave it in the shelf. The focus should be on a strong core which will allow further development and keep the game alive for competitions. DiRT 4 was enough of a failure, let's make this one right. I may understand if some people complain about having to pay for a snow rally, which already exists in DR and could be imported. The same can be said for Monte CArlo and all the other modeled DR locations. But here's the thing: A studio can only invest X in a product before launching it, and then if there's a business model for DLCs (which there is for DR2.0) people can help the studio deliver more content according to the community's requests. So it's in our hands to keep this project funded because after all, we are the customers and so far the game designer has been open for post-launch plans.
The decision to bring new rallies and 2 from D4 with real stages makes sense, because we'll experience new things and then we can have the old ones from DR with the new technology working. If they just took DR's 6 rallies again, it would be much more of a rip off than the other way around.

To the VR community: I understand your pain and your fight and I think you should continue to make your voices heard, but please stay within civilized boundaries and I guess it would be more useful if you started a poll in a place where cheating the votes is harder. I saw the one in Change.org but anyone can sign it, maybe you should restrict the poll to DiRT Rally 1 + 2 owners, if thats even possible on Steam. Eitherway I think 1500 seems like a number big enough to cover expenses on VR development, not to mention the reviews impact it would have eitherway. Plus, they've already said it won't be at launch, but considering the demand it might come on DLC. DiRT4's VR wasn't even considered at all, so 2.0 has an advantage here. Keep in mind DR1's VR only came in 2017, so it's not a properly easy and cheap thing to just add.

Last but not least, I also understand your frustrations and cautions towards DR2.0's pre-order, due to DiRT 4 being a flop that many people pre-ordered to make the transition from DR1. I am one of you lot, that loved and played DR1 endlessly and then pre-ordered DiRT4 without a blink, believing in the promises that the game would be an upgrade.
However, DR2.0 seems to be the real deal towards the right direction and there's already clear evidences on the latest few informations released this week: We've got real stages back, physics seem to be on par to the requests (keep in mind we saw FWD only, which is supposed to understeer). Plus I see some people complaining about the stage difficulty, well the stages are real so they can't be less or more difficult than that. New Zealand is a fast paced flowing rally, it's not Greece. Argentina seems challenging but we've only seen 1 stage. So let's keep our heads.

If you really love rallying and you want DR2.0 to be successful so that we can have more than 2 seasons DLCs where they keep adding stuff that we suggest, consider pre-ordering the game. I remember everyone saying they would throw money to Codemasters for DLCs in DiRT Rally. It didn't happen, but this time there's a DLC business model on the table, so let's just take the opportunity and embrace this project like it's our own. Because we deserve a great rally game already, similar to what F1 has, and we'll have it.

I hope this raises some lost hopes out there.

AIPacino said:
I think people are losing a bit the track of things. Let's get serious everyone and focus on what DiRT Rally brought and the whole logic behind it.
While I'm not against people suggesting rallies like Peru, Morocco, tarmac Japan, etc, I think maybe we should focus on the base first and start asking for rallies like Monte Carlo, Sweden, Finland, Wales, Corsica, Deutschland, etc. Basically, the main rallies and which are part of the WRC calendar.

While it would seem fun to a couple of people having Peru or another rally that noone really heard about, think about V-Rally 4 and DiRT 4's Michigan. Don't get too adrift and focus on what matters. Same thing for the suggested cars. Why would you pick Mazdas and modern BMWs instead of demanding the historic cars such as Subaru 22B, Peugeot 206, Citroen Xsara, Toyota Corolla, Lancer Evo V/VI and so on? If you start putting too much random **** you'll end up with a game similar to DiRT 4 where people play for a week and then leave it in the shelf. The focus should be on a strong core which will allow further development and keep the game alive for competitions. DiRT 4 was enough of a failure, let's make this one right.

To the VR community: I understand your pain and your fight and I think you should continue to make your voices heard, but please stay within civilized boundaries and I guess it would be more useful if you started a poll in a place where cheating the votes is harder. I saw the one in Change.org but anyone can sign it, maybe you should restrict the poll to DiRT Rally 1 + 2 owners, if thats even possible on Steam. Eitherway I think 1500 seems like a number big enough to cover expenses on VR development, not to mention the reviews impact it would have eitherway. Plus, they've already said it won't be at launch, but considering the demand it might come on DLC. DiRT4's VR wasn't even considered at all, so 2.0 has an advantage here. Keep in mind DR1's VR only came in 2017, so it's not a properly easy and cheap thing to just add.

Last but not least, I also understand your frustrations and cautions towards DR2.0's pre-order, due to DiRT 4 being a flop that many people pre-ordered to make the transition from DR1. I am one of you lot, that loved and played DR1 endlessly and then pre-ordered DiRT4 without a blink, believing in the promises that the game would be an upgrade.
However, DR2.0 seems to be the real deal towards the right direction and there's already clear evidences on the latest few informations released this week: We've got real stages back, physics seem to be on par to the requests (keep in mind we saw FWD only, which is supposed to understeer). Plus I see some people complaining about the stage difficulty, well the stages are real so they can't be less or more difficult than that. New Zealand is a fast paced flowing rally, it's not Greece. Argentina seems challenging but we've only seen 1 stage. So let's keep our heads.

If you really love rallying and you want DR2.0 to be successful so that we can have more than 2 seasons DLCs where they keep adding stuff that we suggest, consider pre-ordering the game. I remember everyone saying they would throw money to Codemasters for DLCs in DiRT Rally. It didn't happen, but this time there's a DLC business model on the table, so let's just take the opportunity and embrace this project like it's our own. Because we deserve a great rally game already, similar to what F1 has, and we'll have it.

What's the point on making VR support,
 At this moment there is just more important things that need work (like physics, graphics).

kheiro said:
AIPacino said:

While it would seem fun to a couple of people having Peru or another rally that noone really heard about, think about V-Rally 4 and DiRT 4's Michigan. Don't get too adrift and focus on what matters. Same thing for the suggested cars. Why would you pick Mazdas and modern BMWs instead of demanding the historic cars such as Subaru 22B, Peugeot 206, Citroen Xsara, Toyota Corolla, Lancer Evo V/VI and so on? If you start putting too much random **** you'll end up with a game similar to DiRT 4 where people play for a week and then leave it in the shelf. The focus should be on a strong core which will allow further development and keep the game alive for competitions. DiRT 4 was enough of a failure, let's make this one right.

At this moment there is just more important things that need work (like physics, graphics).

To indicate that it is wanted, as requested. I have no interest in VR personally but only by talking about it will the demand be shown that Codemasters have said they will be monitoring.

I don't see how having more obscure rallies is a bad thing, just because a rally is part of the WRC doesn't mean it's the best rally in the world.

You hit the nail on he head - as much as we want the DR stages as well, if they were in DR2 and only a few new ones, everyone would whine.

Now, if we get all new stages, and then if the game is popular and people want updates, they can then update the old stuff and release as DLC, people will be far happier. 

This is game dev, is has to fall within money constraints, and i support DLC to prolong a games life, especially if the game is kept patched.

kheiro said:
AIPacino said:

You didn't bother reading my post, did you? You just saw VR in it and spat out what first came to your mind.
@Oscar97  It's not a bad thing, but probably it would be best to focus on the mainstream flagship events that everyone knows and wants before spending money on things that aren't a guaranteed success. If Codemasters play the safe game by licensing each rally gradually while we support it with DLC payments, we'll end up having the whole calendar and everyone gets happy. Same logic for the cars, similar to what has been done in DR's Early Access patch phasing.

Besides the selection of the tracks location, I guess it would be worth to also push a reflexion about the stage variations by track : weather type, day/night, and associated physics and surfaces variations.  For a more detailled share of thoughts on this topic, I refer to a recent post on this question regarding Dirt Rally tracks :
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140892/dirt-rally-question-about-tracks-variations#lates
How many weather variations for the foreseen tracks in Dirt Rally 2.0 ? Do we want a lot of visual variations, or a lot of driving experience variations ? Please think about it ...