DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

Since Ross stated that the DLC would bring some fan favourites in the Dirt Show from the announcement event, I'm assuming that the DLC will mainly bring RX and old Dirt Rally locations back. Probably now "new" rally locations then. 

bogani said:
Since Ross stated that the DLC would bring some fan favourites in the Dirt Show from the announcement event, I'm assuming that the DLC will mainly bring RX and old Dirt Rally locations back. Probably now "new" rally locations then. 
I would bet Wales and Germany.

Watching the event this weekend I can understand why a muddy environment such as GB would be worth waiting for DLC; the road order and effect of rutting is somewhat more complex than normal gravel stages; the effect is less pronounced but very weather dependent.

Raglan Rally on this weekend. Hayden Paddon looking to wrap up the NZRC manufacturers title - hopefully we'll get some good onboard footage from the Whaanga Coast stage!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo0pg36Aw6Y/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=2g3ipfdortgb

Watching the event this weekend I can understand why a muddy environment such as GB would be worth waiting for DLC; the road order and effect of rutting is somewhat more complex than normal gravel stages; the effect is less pronounced but very weather dependent.
Read your comment then closed my eyes and imagined it. That made me wet my pants a little.

I mentioned it a several times in the past and I know a few of you agree with me.
What about the Ypres Rally? It is properly challenging and well-known as far as I'm aware.

Oooh and as usual, the proper German vineyard stages. I've been longing for those ever since a modder created them for RSRBR way back. So much fun! They are a fan favourite for sure.

Irish tarmac stages would be great even loeb said it was the hardest rally hes done. The running order and track deterioration would work  great here with tight corners cars cutting corners dragging muck/gravel on to to the tarmac making it much harder for each passing car , if it rains on irish tar its extremely slippy and then factor in the mud/gravel being thrown on the road from cars cutting it would be extremely difficult and would require a cautious approach.watch the video and youll get what i mean. (ino this could be hard for cm)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bkUG1pM90

Onboard footage is starting to come through from the Raglan Rally over the weekend.
This video shows the Whaanga stage (in reverse based on the gameplay we've seen).
Would love to see the camber of the corners in game increased - you can see how much the car dips into most of these corners.
Stage starts at 13:35:
https://youtu.be/nS7_iZVk0-Q?t=812

I'd rather see Corsica tho. It's not taking part in WRC 2019 so a window opens there, plus it's got more history than Irish Rally. I'm not judging by how good or how bad these 2 rallies are, simply for their history and iconicity (is that even a word?).

AIPacino said:
I'd rather see Corsica tho. It's not taking part in WRC 2019 so a window opens there, plus it's got more history than Irish Rally. I'm not judging by how good or how bad these 2 rallies are, simply for their history and iconicity (is that even a word?).
Corsica was confirmed in the, 2019 calendar: https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/corsica-chile-wrc-schedule-fia/3194194/

AIPacino said:
It doesn't matter whether a rally is part of WRC or not. Argentina is already confirmed.

Why do you only hope for 2 stages(long ones) per country? That's WAAAY to few. 6 at least.
I don't think anyone's hoping for that, but being realistic (no-one from Codemasters is crowing about the huge amount of distance that will be in this game compared to DR) this is how it's going to be.

'6', as in 3x the distance modelled for the original DR, is just unrealistic and would likely have been a headline feature in the initial press release.

We will most likely end up short on stages this time again yes, I know, sadly.
The time between the release of Dirt 4 and the release of Dirt Rally 2 being so close I believe that this game too will be short on content.
Kinda wish they either took more time to do it properly, or hire more leveldesigners. If money is the issue then a kickstarter or someone up for an internship would possibly be some solutions :p

Short amount of stages is the only disappointment so far. It is a big one for me personally, but well.

(maybe mod support could help a bit wink wink)

SamRWD said:
Short amount of stages is the only disappointment so far. It is a big one for me personally, but well.

Yep, content will always be an issue when using bespoke stages I guess.

Sadly I don't see mod support coming, it just doesn't rhyme with Codemasters :/

bogani said:
SamRWD said:

Yep, content will always be an issue when using bespoke stages I guess.

Sadly I don't see mod support coming, it just doesn't rhyme with Codemasters :/

We never know... Codies keep implementing features, modes, etc, and do the kind of games that Community ask / asked them to do (DR is a good example of this). We just need to keep pestering them, about Mod support  :p

While it'd be awesome to have another extra long track per country (making a total of 3), I'm happy enough if the 2 they bring are top quality like DR1.

Here's why Dirt Rally  has overall way more realistic and better physics, from what I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeeV06bmTfs

I actually would be happy with 1 Stage per location. One stage that is more than 40-50km long and can be driven as a single stage. Then it can be cut up into 2-3 "long" stages and further down.

edgenz said:
Onboard footage is starting to come through from the Raglan Rally over the weekend.
This video shows the Whaanga stage (in reverse based on the gameplay we've seen).
Would love to see the camber of the corners in game increased - you can see how much the car dips into most of these corners.
Stage starts at 13:35:
https://youtu.be/nS7_iZVk0-Q?t=812
So yeah, DR2 road texture isn't grey enough !
Otherwise, I also hope for 3 long stages per country. Would make a total of 18 tracks with shorts and reverse. Enough for some time :)

Don't forget, we'll have the option of more stages through DLC.

I'll buy it.
Thought that option would be more rallies (locations) and not more stages.