Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CclQLrdskTE&feature=youtu.be

Not 100% sure if it includes the DR2 stages, but nice footage from NZRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CclQLrdskTE&feature=youtu.be

Not 100% sure if it includes the DR2 stages, but nice footage from NZRC
Nice! 30:40 for Whaanga Coast. Would really love the gravel colour to match this footage... hate banging on about it but it just doesnt feel right

Not convinced it's time of day. Launch footage was late afternoon and the suggestion was other times would be better. This latest footage looks midday and it's still way off. 

I don't know if this information has already been shared but Stéphane Prévot (Belgian co-driver) announced that in an interview : 

"La société Codemasters m’a contacté pour traduire et dicter les notes pour le nouveau jeu DiRT Rally qui sortira en février. [...] On m’a demandé d’adapter les notes de Phil Mills et de les dicter. Avec 12 rallyes et 28 longues speciales à adapter, j’ai été occupé durant deux mois. Et récemment, j’ai été dix jours en Angleterre pour enregistrer ma voix."

Google Translate : "Codemasters has contacted me to translate and dictate the notes for the new DiRT Rally game that will be released in February. [...] I was asked to adapt Phil Mills' notes and dictate them. With 12 rallies and 28 long specials to adapt, I was busy for two months. And recently, I was ten days in England to record my voice"

I don't know if this information has already been shared but Stéphane Prévot (Belgian co-driver) announced that in an interview : 

"La société Codemasters m’a contacté pour traduire et dicter les notes pour le nouveau jeu DiRT Rally qui sortira en février. [...] On m’a demandé d’adapter les notes de Phil Mills et de les dicter. Avec 12 rallyes et 28 longues speciales à adapter, j’ai été occupé durant deux mois. Et récemment, j’ai été dix jours en Angleterre pour enregistrer ma voix."

Google Translate : "Codemasters has contacted me to translate and dictate the notes for the new DiRT Rally game that will be released in February. [...] I was asked to adapt Phil Mills' notes and dictate them. With 12 rallies and 28 long specials to adapt, I was busy for two months. And recently, I was ten days in England to record my voice"

With only 2 seasons of confirmed DLC, and only one rally location per season, 4 locations may never be used.

Ah, thanks for that - I'd only seen the Google Translate version before, I was wondering what the original French was like. 28 is a very curious number...

What makes you so sure there will only be one Rally per DLC season? 
That was confirmed multiple times (I believe) in the launch/show videos. 3 "tracks" per DLC, each one having 2 RX tracks and one rally location. So:

4 RX tracks to complete the RX calendar
2 rally locations

That was confirmed multiple times (I believe) in the launch/show videos. 3 "tracks" per DLC, each one having 2 RX tracks and one rally location. So:

4 RX tracks to complete the RX calendar
2 rally locations
I don't believe this has been confirmed yet, I think this is assumptions on our part about the makeup with '3 locations' in each 'season'. I could be wrong, and I certainly think it should be confirmed how this will work, bearing in mind they're asking people to pre-order DLC content. As such, whatever they know should be communicated prior to the launch of the main game IMO, even if it's just "leaked" as with Project CARS 2.

I imagine the above is correct; the other possible split I'd thought (optimistically) is 1x RX, 1x 'new' rally, 1x 'updated DR1 rally'.

With only 2 seasons of confirmed DLC, and only one rally location per season, 4 locations may never be used.
My guess was that this was the 6 locations in the new game and the 6 locations from the original DR. It's the 28 number which is most confusing, as it doesn't divide by 6. 

As @LudwigVonMises pointed out, there are 4 rounds of the FIA World RX championship that won't be in at launch. Being that they are the official game, I doubt that they'll leave those out. Also, there is the significantly higher workload of preparing a rally location vs preparing a small RX track. The landscape area that needs to be modeled is quite smaller for RX. Not to mention new features of rally, like terrain deformation and road sweeping.

Three new 'tracks' (read 'locations') per DLC fits nicely with 2 RX tracks per season (reaching the total 4 in the end and because they require less work) and 1 new rally location. After that, Codemasters will only continue if there is demand for more, which means 4 rally location may never see they new light of day.

Areyouben said:
Previous two DiRTs were official RX games as well, neither featured all cars or tracks.
True, but Oliver Solberg slipped and said all circuits will be there in the end. Not an absolute truth but still very plausible. 

They're not going to make entire rallies that are almost completed only to drop them. That would be a terrible use of their time and money.

Oscar97 said:

They're not going to make entire rallies that are almost completed only to drop them. That would be a terrible use of their time and money.
Hence why the additional 6 rallies are the ones from the original Dirt Rally. Least amount of work, just brushing them up a bit. The fact that Prévot already was able to record the notes also testifies that the routes themselves are already done. Brushing up can be done later if needed.

Either new or old, I just hope they keep getting into the game so we can play this game like it should be played. And if the launch game version goes good, I just hope people adhere to the DLCs and keep supporting the game.

eSports will be very important to keep the game alive as well and the hype going on. It managed to revive the dead DiRT4, so imagine with this one.

A little while back someone asked what is a famous/favorite rally in the US.  Asking a few drivers over hear, its pretty much New England Forest Rally.  The Concord Pond stage is one of the all time favorites it seems.  

Every rally has its favorites but this seems to be the most liked.  

Doubt it will be in DR2.0 though, I guess they could add snow if it where run in late in the year, but that would defeat the purpose of the location.  

I would kind of like snow/gravel event like Sweden 2016, especially the first day. Ice on gravel, some places full gravel, hard to judge the grip. It would be cool I reckon 

Here it is a new ingame shot of snowy El Condor 
Edit: and in 2005 it actually snowed in El Condor 
The look and feel of those two photos ( <3 )is more than enough to prove me that I'm not ready for a rally game without snow in it....