DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

Snow for USA would be the best move for CM, giving most variety in the end.
Because, let's be honest, if there is snow in DLC, it will be Sweden. Bringing us two different locations with their snow tech, and thus variety like in gravel.
I actually predict the same thing for tarmac. Spain from the start, with smooth and fast tarmac. And another tarmac location as DLC, where the roads are more bumpy and narrow (Probably Germany, Monte Carlo or unlikely Corsica)

Going with the assumption here 2 RX and 1 Rally location per DLC and the two confirmed DLCs so far.
That would result after two DLC in a roster of 8 Rallys with 4 gravel, 2 snow and 2 tarmac.

(Although I would still miss Wales in that calculation)

EDIT: The predictions come from the fact of 12 RX tracks in the calendar and only 8 included. As a Rally guy I would obviously prefer 2 rallies per DLC, and from the old locations that wish would be Wales, Monte Carlo, Sweden and a redone Germany, with half of the stages actually being in the Vineyards and not on Panzerplatte.

Everytime I see that car I can't help it but think of Gronholm complaining about power steering and gearbox, and Martin's accident in Wales 2005, which killed his co-driver and consequently ended his career. Michael "Beef" was an amazing person. Markko Martin was capable of being a world champion with his co-driver and it's something we'll never know.

AIPacino said:
Everytime I see that car I can't help it but think of Gronholm complaining about power steering and gearbox, and Martin's accident in Wales 2005, which killed his co-driver and consequently ended his career. Michael "Beef" was an amazing person. Markko Martin was capable of being a world champion with his co-driver and it's something we'll never know.
I like to instead relate the 307 to the 2006 season and the excellent drive from Manfred Sthol who drove it to fourth place. And it was the car who first sported the iconic Orange Expert Livery of Henning Solberg.

I don't know if this information has already been shared but Stéphane Prévot (Belgian co-driver) announced that in an interview : 

"La société Codemasters m’a contacté pour traduire et dicter les notes pour le nouveau jeu DiRT Rally qui sortira en février. [...] On m’a demandé d’adapter les notes de Phil Mills et de les dicter. Avec 12 rallyes et 28 longues speciales à adapter, j’ai été occupé durant deux mois. Et récemment, j’ai été dix jours en Angleterre pour enregistrer ma voix."

Google Translate : "Codemasters has contacted me to translate and dictate the notes for the new DiRT Rally game that will be released in February. [...] I was asked to adapt Phil Mills' notes and dictate them. With 12 rallies and 28 long specials to adapt, I was busy for two months. And recently, I was ten days in England to record my voice"

28 long specials is very strange. Maybe there are new tracks for old Dirt 1 locations ? Which would means DLCs will bring 2 other new countries and 4 returning ones ? (Hoping for Finland, MC, Germany and Wales)...
Season 1 and 2 : new country + 2 RX each
Season 3 and 4 : 2 returning countries with a new special each.

Strange he doesn't count the reverses...

They can replace it by Wales : this is Rally Show Santa Domenica, an epic and wonderful piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9RZb9noBE

kheiro said:
They can replace it by Wales : this is Rally Show Santa Domenica, an epic and wonderful piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9RZb9noBE
8/10 - Not enough mud

Actually, the dog changed my mind. 9/10.

I think an Irish rally event is going to be a dlc as Paul coleman said it was one of his favourite or top 3(could be wrong on the description but was mentioned) and also jon Armstrong will probaly push for this as well. Only thing is it could be forestry or tarmac stages. Could be a replacement for Wales as the forests are very similar, would prefer tarmac do.

Latest gameplay vid confirms the second NZ stage is a continuation of the full Whaanga Coast stage - which is great.
The top half of the Whaanga Coast stage is shown in the gameplay as two shorter sprint stages, "Te Awanga Sprint" and "Ocean Beach Sprint". 
The second half of the Whaanga Coast stage is one of the two in game full length stages, "Waimarama Point" - as shown below.

Slight immersion killer that they've moved the stage to the Hawkes Bay... but whatever. At least they've chosen real Hawkes Bay names.  :D

Regarding DR1 stages and DLC. It is entirely possible they may not even be used as dlc and simply get added as free content updates alongside 2 brand new rallies. Possibly? 

If we only get 2 additions then it should be Wales and Sweden.

Regarding DR1 stages and DLC. It is entirely possible they may not even be used as dlc and simply get added as free content updates alongside 2 brand new rallies. Possibly? 

I think that's being overly optimistic. Especially since they've hinted at "fan favourites" returning in DLC format. If it's updated DR1 locations I just hope it's at least 4; I genuinely can't think which I'd choose leave out - Sophie had it easy...

Oscar97 said:
Has anybody been able to link the New England stage we've seen to a real one?

Had a quick look but no joy. With the way they've been naming stages after real places a long way away from the 'real' stage, it's probably based on Michigan anyway is my guess.

I think that's being overly optimistic. Especially since they've hinted at "fan favourites" returning in DLC format. If it's updated DR1 locations I just hope it's at least 4; I genuinely can't think which I'd choose leave out - Sophie had it easy...

Oscar97 said:

Had a quick look but no joy. With the way they've been naming stages after real places a long way away from the 'real' stage, it's probably based on Michigan anyway is my guess.
I can. Germany and Greece. Sweden brings the snow rally back (even though I hate it personally) and you simply can't leave Wales, Monte Carlo and Finland out over the other 2.

Are the Season 1 token & Season 2 tokens that come with the Deluxe version for the first 2 DLC drops?
Like pre-paying for news tracks?

I'd say Monte Carlo on the first DLC together with Sweden, because of the terrain types that aren't present in the launch version. Then add all the others. We can end up with 12 rally locations if the 6 from DR1 get added, which is great and quite some low effort compared to starting from scratch. Even better if there's extra ones like Corsica, Safari, San Remo, Portugal.

Oscar97 said:

https://www.rally-maps.com/database is a good resource for finding the real stages. I haven't seen in game stage layouts for the US like we have for NZ & Argentina - but once we do it will just take a bit of exploration to find them.

I assume it'll be based on one of the Lake Superior Performance Rally stages: https://www.rally-maps.com/Lake-Superior-Performance-Rally-LSPR-2018

AIPacino said:
I'd say Monte Carlo on the first DLC together with Sweden, because of the terrain types that aren't present in the launch version. Then add all the others. We can end up with 12 rally locations if the 6 from DR1 get added, which is great and quite some low effort compared to starting from scratch. Even better if there's extra ones like Corsica, Safari, San Remo, Portugal.
I'm still praying for an Azores DLC,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLN8AHlcSM

AIPacino said:
Pretty sure there's only be just comebacks from DR1.
I remember the French codriver saying he recorded 26 long specials for 12 rallyes. I guess it was content for the game + 2 or 4 seasons (you don't need fully decorated stages to record the notes)...
From what we have now DR2 locations are pretty green, so I really hope to see snow and arid / mediterranean locations added. A tropical one like Malaysia or China would be cool too. I'm sure some of the Dirt 2 elements could be reused...

Hi my idea for dlc is tarmac rally Barum . Its very popular rally in ERC cycle . Many people on it . Beautifully prologue in bus station . Narrowed and twisted and broken tarmac with lots of dirt in a corners . Secoun idea is multiplatform multiplayer . I have lots of friends with PS4 I play on pc . That will be great to have opportunity to play with them . 

tea3k said:
Hi my idea for dlc is tarmac rally Barum . Its very popular rally in ERC cycle . Many people on it . Beautifully prologue in bus station . Narrowed and twisted and broken tarmac with lots of dirt in a corners . Secoun idea is multiplatform multiplayer . I have lots of friends with PS4 I play on pc . That will be great to have opportunity to play with them . 
I visited Zlin for the rally in 2017 and loved it, great rally roads. Seeing the superb roster of RGT cars that are being compiled, I hope we see more tarmac events added.

Dscru said:
Are the Season 1 token & Season 2 tokens that come with the Deluxe version for the first 2 DLC drops?
Like pre-paying for news tracks?
Exactly that. It's the base game, the first two DLC Packs, the Porsche and a few random cars added to your in-game garage.

It's 10 cars and 6 locations, divided between rally and RX. The second DLC is apparently RX focused.
On another note, the Azores rally would be amazing, it's a breathtaking location.

tea3k said:

Since WRC is hard to license, ERC would be for me an excellent way of having good Rally options (only lacks a snow event) and a licenced game at the end

Round 1: Azores Airlines Rallye, gravel, narrow with no margin to mistakes
Round 2: Rally Islas Canarias, clean twisty asphalt 
Round 3: Rally Liepāja, fast gravel rally
Round 4: Rally Poland, we have this one already ::smiley:
Round 5: Rally di Roma Capitale, regular asphalt
Round 6: Barum Czech Rally Zlín Asphalt (comment above ::smile: )
Round 7: Cyprus Rally, gravel rally with lots of dust and rocks
Round 8: Rally Hungary, asphalt new to the calendar, dont know much about it

They could add rally Liepaja as the snow one. On Google image they're photos of a snowy version of it.

On the other hand, Canarias looks very much like the Spain we have :
https://youtu.be/9ajjJZ9OgWA
I'd rather see Germany and MC for asphalt. Or Corsica. Something with a lot of hairpins, sharp turns, and crappy roads.

toninus said:
They could add rally Liepaja as the snow one. On Google image they're photos of a snowy version of it.
I was thinking of that one too. Or Aluksne, And you can't go wrong with one of the Norwegian snow rallies