DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 rally locations and tracks

Given how each rally location takes about 3 months to develop, 3 months in between Seasons isn't that much.

I'm still thinking DLC seasons will be themed. The first one will expand the rally and the second will expand the rallycross. Now, what's curious is that they have six months of post-launch support already planned and it says in the Deluxe edition details that's you'll have access to the first two seasons of content. Maybe there are more already planned, since 3 months between a season is a little much, I think, and since they're going to announce the content of season 1 even before release. If so, we could be looking at 3 rallies now and 3 more later (returns from DR). I hope @ChristinaMc gets the go ahead to shows us that content next week.
3 Months is exactly how long a season is. You know, summer, winter, spring, autumn, all 3 months. Thats where the word was taken from.

SkyRex said:
I'm still thinking DLC seasons will be themed. The first one will expand the rally and the second will expand the rallycross. Now, what's curious is that they have six months of post-launch support already planned and it says in the Deluxe edition details that's you'll have access to the first two seasons of content. Maybe there are more already planned, since 3 months between a season is a little much, I think, and since they're going to announce the content of season 1 even before release. If so, we could be looking at 3 rallies now and 3 more later (returns from DR). I hope @ChristinaMc gets the go ahead to shows us that content next week.
3 Months is exactly how long a season is. You know, summer, winter, spring, autumn, all 3 months. Thats where the word was taken from.
"Season" just refers to a repeatable set of events. A football (or WRC) season is a year, a TV series season is each set of episodes. I imagine it will be 3 months in this case too, but we'll see. Jon was working on pacenotes for a new rally environment before Christmas.

SkyRex said:
I see, so I guess we'll only see season 1 in May?

I seem to recall in the very first DR2 Dirt Show Ross discussed the first two seasons and said they already have ideas for further ones if they were a hit.

Regarding the possibility of 'themed' DLCs, I would quite like this approach and consider it very consumer-friendly (i.e. I wouldn't be forced to pay for RX content when I'm only after the rally bits) but it would surprise me. Also, with 4x 2018 WRX venues absent at launch, I imagine either 2 or 4 will be added (and I guess the latter), but can't see 3.

SkyRex said:
it was said, somewhere in video With Jon Armstrong , it will be released soon after game comes out, and then next season will come later

SkyRex said:
it was said, somewhere in video With Jon Armstrong , it will be released soon after game comes out, and then next season will come later
Could you find me that? Would appreciate it.

I seem to recall in the very first DR2 Dirt Show Ross discussed the first two seasons and said they already have ideas for further ones if they were a hit.

Regarding the possibility of 'themed' DLCs, I would quite like this approach and consider it very consumer-friendly (i.e. I wouldn't be forced to pay for RX content when I'm only after the rally bits) but it would surprise me. Also, with 4x 2018 WRX venues absent at launch, I imagine either 2 or 4 will be added (and I guess the latter), but can't see 3.
Just remember that neither game that's featured official RX content has featured all RX content. DiRT 4 was the official WRX 2017 game and only featured 6 of championship's rounds.

It makes sense to me that season 1 will drop at the end of March. It keeps a new title in the spotlight of game reviewers and helps that sales wave continue after release.

SkyRex said:
Could you find me that? Would appreciate it.

No problemo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COnDgmRlwgA it begins from about 36:20 about DLC, Jon said quick after release.

Rallystu2 said:
It makes sense to me that season 1 will drop at the end of March. It keeps a new title in the spotlight of game reviewers and helps that sales wave continue after release.
I highly doubt it'll be that soon, just one month to finish the DLC up.

Pacenotes are already recorded for 6 mores rallyes. This means some stages should be pretty advanced, even in beta at this point.

SkyRex said:
Rallystu2 said:
I highly doubt it'll be that soon, just one month to finish the DLC up.
first DLC was almost ready in December, Jon did testing the Cars.. from season 1 dlc.
the second dlc is with Group B RX they exist already, just need update..
(from Dirt show for Dirt 4, they said car needs aprox. 3 months of one man job, RX track 2-3 weeks, and location 4 weeks aprox)
so there is time for early release of DLC.. maybe they will work on patching the game, livery editor, the e-sport update (it was said not from beginning)..

As long as it keeps coming out, i really don't care about the time it takes. We have again a good foundation to build on.

Well some cunning chap reckons they've nailed down the location and stage for Australia. They've gone and done a side-by-side of the recent DR2.0 preview footage and in-car WRC footage of the Welsh's Creek Reverse stage from Rally Australia (Coff's Harbour).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BujenspA0ZU

Malkael said:
Well some cunning chap reckons they've nailed down the location and stage for Australia. They've gone and done a side-by-side of the recent DR2.0 preview footage and in-car WRC footage of the Welsh's Creek Reverse stage from Rally Australia (Coff's Harbour).

...and blocked by Red Bull for copyright violation ?

afahoy said:
Malkael said:

...and blocked by Red Bull for copyright violation ?
Because it's a copy of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhZBvO9TqY

gk9147 said:
dani211212   December is very long for the release of a first DLC. almost 10 month after the game is released 
I'm sure he meant December 2018

SkyRex said:
I still don't know what the codriver meant by 28 long specials for 12 Rallies...
It can't be counting reverses, otherwise the number would have to be 48 at least. But otherwise there are 4 stages more than calculated.
The countries have to be DR + DR2, doubt they would have completely new locations ready for recording that early.
DR has 12 long stages.
Would mean 4 locations have 3 long stages in the end?
Knowing El condors length now (2x8km), I would hope for a 3rd of Argentina, covering the famous river ford.
NZ, Poland, Spain, have around 30km each. Australia and New England look long too.
Leaves 3 Bonus-stages for 3 DR1 locations..., no?
I would hope for:
long Vineyard stage for Germany
long Great Orme tarmac stage of Wales
land either more dry tarmac for Monte or more snow for Sweden
I would like that they joint two stages of Dirt Rally, (Route of Turini and Col Turini depart)

If they do it, it could be awsome

gk9147 said:
dani211212   December is very long for the release of a first DLC. almost 10 month after the game is released 
Yeah about that,  i meant, Jon was testing the Cars of the first  DLC  in 2018 December. 
and in the last Dirt Show He said, first DLC will come shortly after Game release..

Huracanma said:
SkyRex said:
I still don't know what the codriver meant by 28 long specials for 12 Rallies...
It can't be counting reverses, otherwise the number would have to be 48 at least. But otherwise there are 4 stages more than calculated.
The countries have to be DR + DR2, doubt they would have completely new locations ready for recording that early.
DR has 12 long stages.
Would mean 4 locations have 3 long stages in the end?
Knowing El condors length now (2x8km), I would hope for a 3rd of Argentina, covering the famous river ford.
NZ, Poland, Spain, have around 30km each. Australia and New England look long too.
Leaves 3 Bonus-stages for 3 DR1 locations..., no?
I would hope for:
long Vineyard stage for Germany
long Great Orme tarmac stage of Wales
land either more dry tarmac for Monte or more snow for Sweden
I would like that they joint two stages of Dirt Rally, (Route of Turini and Col Turini depart)

If they do it, it could be awsome
I actually made a video of that by combining the replays from both stages I recorded. And I must say that the result was quite nice. While driving I even made the Hyundai WRC twitch a bit as if the water and ice was causing it.

Just confirmed on a preview video for the Fiesta R5 on Poland that we will have the same layout purpose from DiRT Rally, which means two long courses cropped into two parts and every track being reversed, to the total of 12 stages.

Disappointing but I'm not surprised. Quite a shame they'd still do that.

Eh I rather have that than your stage. And apart from argentina, i believe the two long stages are different. No ultra long stage that's chopped up

Eh I rather have that than your stage. And apart from argentina, i believe the two long stages are different. No ultra long stage that's chopped up
Me too but I was expecting for at least three long stages and a few short stages unrelated to those.