Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 - VR support

Recommended Posts

VR support is something that unleashes the full potential of a game for people who are already used to playing with a VR headset and that's why I think it's important to get our opinions heard in a form of a poll.

Downsides of implementing VR support seem to be the amount of time and resources it needs and a possible decrease in the amount of post-launch content.

Do you want VR support in DiRT Rally 2.0 and if you do, do you want it at launch or as a post-launch DLC/update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Doesn't seem to be possible to edit the options anymore.

Also I don't think the third option makes anyone look terrible. If one thinks that the game doesn't need VR support despite it not affecting non-VR players (when released post-launch) then so be it. With the same logic the first option would make anyone look terrible too because one wants VR support despite it affecting the rest of the game development. That's just the reality regarding VR support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Doesn't seem to be possible to edit the options anymore.

Also I don't think the third option makes anyone look terrible. If one thinks that the game doesn't need VR support despite it not affecting non-VR players (when released post-launch) then so be it. With the same logic the first option would make anyone look terrible too because one wants VR support despite it affecting the rest of the game development. That's just the reality regarding VR support.
Fair enough. It's your poll and it was just a suggestion. I see where you're coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Doesn't seem to be possible to edit the options anymore.

Also I don't think the third option makes anyone look terrible. If one thinks that the game doesn't need VR support despite it not affecting non-VR players (when released post-launch) then so be it. With the same logic the first option would make anyone look terrible too because one wants VR support despite it affecting the rest of the game development. That's just the reality regarding VR support.
I am gonna just quote myself.

Who wants VR is a fraction of a rally sim community. It is a niche. No one is preventing anyone from crowdfunding- don't know, and don't care how you are planning to do it TBH, I suggested that if VR is ever to be included, DLC is not totally stupid idea (rather than expecting it to be a patch), but DLC would still mean core functionality would struggle- it is not like you have a team working on a game, and then magically extra programmers appear just to work on VR. You have to assign people to leave one functionality development and move to work on other. And then imagine game is 100% finished, it gets released, no bugs, everything is great. We still would rather have CM to develop the game more for US (add new locations, cars, improve physics, add features that everyone can use) rather than move to implement VR for couple of people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Doesn't seem to be possible to edit the options anymore.

Also I don't think the third option makes anyone look terrible. If one thinks that the game doesn't need VR support despite it not affecting non-VR players (when released post-launch) then so be it. With the same logic the first option would make anyone look terrible too because one wants VR support despite it affecting the rest of the game development. That's just the reality regarding VR support.
Fair enough. It's your poll and it was just a suggestion. I see where you're coming from.
Oh and forgot to add that the reason why I left out an option of "I'm not interested in VR support" is that the best option for people who don't care if VR support gets added or not is to not vote at all since neutral opinions aren't going to affect the result in this case; we only want to know if (and how many) people want VR support or if they're against it. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRWD said:
Who wants VR is a fraction of a rally sim community. It is a niche.
This is part of the reason why it still can be called as a niche; how do you expect it to become anything more than a niche if you can't use it in games because it's not supported due to people having that kind of attitude?

SamRWD said:
DLC would still mean core functionality would struggle- it is not like you have a team working on a game, and then magically extra programmers appear just to work on VR. You have to assign people to leave one functionality development and move to work on other. And then imagine game is 100% finished, it gets released, no bugs, everything is great. We still would rather have CM to develop the game more for US (add new locations, cars, improve physics, add features that everyone can use) rather than move to implement VR for couple of people.
How about releasing VR as a seperate DLC that would be priced so that Codemasters could hire people outside the studio to work on just adding the VR support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
Jepsertti said:
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Doesn't seem to be possible to edit the options anymore.

Also I don't think the third option makes anyone look terrible. If one thinks that the game doesn't need VR support despite it not affecting non-VR players (when released post-launch) then so be it. With the same logic the first option would make anyone look terrible too because one wants VR support despite it affecting the rest of the game development. That's just the reality regarding VR support.
Fair enough. It's your poll and it was just a suggestion. I see where you're coming from.
Oh and forgot to add that the reason why I left out an option of "I'm not interested in VR support" is that the best option for people who don't care if VR support gets added or not is to not vote at all since neutral opinions aren't going to affect the result in this case; we only want to know if (and how many) people want VR support or if they're against it. :smile:
Ugh.

Stop with the persecution complex. Nobody’s saying what you’re imagining, nobody’s actually saying “no, DIRT games
must never have VR! They must remain purely 2D experiences!” That’s a ridiculous straw man.

What they *are* saying is that the VR fanatics are obnoxiously loud and intrusive, and to quit with the “VR is easy to add” and “we are representative of the majority of sim racers” nonsense. The blind fanaticism is irritating when it details other conversations.

Lastly you really should at least *try* to be objective when collecting statistical data ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
afahoy said:
Stop with the persecution complex. Nobody’s saying what you’re imagining, nobody’s actually saying “no, DIRT games
must never have VR! They must remain purely 2D experiences!” That’s a ridiculous straw man.
If they don't think that DiRT Rally 2.0 (we're not talking about any other DiRTs here like your word choice of "DiRT games" suggests) must never have VR why can't they just vote for yes then? If they are like "whatever" regarding VR support then they don't need to vote; it's either yes or no in this poll to see who wants VR support and who doesn't.

afahoy said:
What they *are* saying is that the VR fanatics are obnoxiously loud and intrusive, and to quit with the “VR is easy to add” and “we are representative of the majority of sim racers” nonsense. The blind fanaticism is irritating when it details other conversations.
This poll isn't about what kind of nonsense "VR fanatics" are saying.

If you don't like this poll then you can start your own thread where you can release your anger towards "VR fanatics" and their mindset which are in no way related to this poll where the objective is to see how many people advocate VR support and how many people oppose it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would be happy, as long as a VR Update for later get's announced and I also would be willing to pay for a VR DLC later.
But the question was, what do I want? And I would of course rather have VR at launch than later. Even though I realize that is probably not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the masterpiece Dirt Rally, VR joined in and improved this one again! The first rally title on the PC in VR has also made this race more realistic.

I would be very happy if you could make this experience possible again for Dirt Rally 2.0, theire are more VR owners who are very enthusiastic about racing than you think.

In general, I'm looking forward to the second part, the handmade routes and just that you can work on what you enjoy and then us!

Thanks for taking


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A petition asking for VR on DR2.0 started online. Let's join!

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve signed up to this site purely to vote for VR support in Dirt Rally 2.0
Can’t believe it’s not happening 
charge us for it if you have to just do it!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ross himself said Codies are gonna listen what community wants- VR implementation, OR more work on the core game.
You might want to include that information in the OP- VR DLC means we won't get DLC that we would get otherwise- locations or cars. It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RWDsam said:
Ross himself said Codies are gonna listen what community wants- VR implementation, OR more work on the core game.
You might want to include that information in the OP- VR DLC means we won't get DLC that we would get otherwise- locations or cars. It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone.
Find me a confirmation that VR DLC means that no other DLC is going to be released and I'll add it. Ross said in the interview that VR will affect gameplay development but he didn't say anywhere that a VR DLC would terminate all the other DLCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
RWDsam said:
Ross himself said Codies are gonna listen what community wants- VR implementation, OR more work on the core game.
You might want to include that information in the OP- VR DLC means we won't get DLC that we would get otherwise- locations or cars. It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone.
Find me a confirmation that VR DLC means that no other DLC is going to be released and I'll add it. Ross said in the interview that VR will affect gameplay development but he didn't say anywhere that a VR DLC would terminate all the other DLCs.
I necer said that. I said "It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone".
EDIT: BTW this poll just confirms why people are fed up with 1% VR users- you cannot accept reality, so you cannot even make a fair poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RWDsam said:
Jepsertti said:
RWDsam said:
Ross himself said Codies are gonna listen what community wants- VR implementation, OR more work on the core game.
You might want to include that information in the OP- VR DLC means we won't get DLC that we would get otherwise- locations or cars. It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone.
Find me a confirmation that VR DLC means that no other DLC is going to be released and I'll add it. Ross said in the interview that VR will affect gameplay development but he didn't say anywhere that a VR DLC would terminate all the other DLCs.
I necer said that. I said "It is VR for 2% of the community, or one extra DLC for everyone".
EDIT: BTW this poll just confirms why people are fed up with 1% VR users- you cannot accept reality, so you cannot even make a fair poll.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood what you meant.

Why do you say that I can't make a fair poll? If you actually read the voting options before rushing to vote "No" (which you have already done two times with two different accounts... talking about fair poll, eh?) you would notice that even the "Yes" options have realistic reasons why they aren't ideal for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No: I don't want VR support at all (despite VR support not affecting players without VR headsets)
is not a fair representation of the situation.
2 My original account (the one I am using ATM) got banned (I contacted CM and got it unbanned- it was an issue with autoban system on the forums) thus the reason for using two accounts. I apologize for voting twice for NO- fair point, I shouldn've been doing so.

If you want a fair poll, make an accurate describtion of a situation. How about including this information:

https://youtu.be/YLHeJsUNB3A?t=8m42s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRWD said:
No: I don't want VR support at all (despite VR support not affecting players without VR headsets)
is not a fair representation of the situation.
2 My original account (the one I am using ATM) got banned (I contacted CM and got it unbanned- it was an issue with autoban system on the forums) thus the reason for using two accounts. I apologize for voting twice for NO- fair point, I shouldn've been doing so.

If you want a fair poll, make an accurate describtion of a situation. How about including this information:

https://youtu.be/YLHeJsUNB3A?t=8m42s
I have already said in this thread that it's not possible to edit the options anymore. This poll was created before that interview was uploaded so I didn't know VR support would affect post-launch content since it hasn't been the case with other games.

If it was possible to edit them I would change the last option to "No: I don't want VR support at all (because it reduces the amount of post-launch content)" :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should amend those options a little. The way the final one is written, makes anyone who votes for it look terrible. It sounds like "Because I don't want VR support, no one should have it".  A better one would simply be: "I'm not interested in VR".
Welcome to pretty much every poll on these forums. They're generally more skewed than a kebab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A modern racing title shouldn't be released without a major component such as VR! I like many won't buy the game till it has VR. If VR doesn't arrive I won't be purchasing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×