Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ricciardo A.I better than Verstappen A.I?

In my Career Mode, for 4 Seasons (except Season 3 where I was on Red Bull for 1 season) Red Bull had the fastest car but one thing I don't get is why's Ricciardo's A.I better than Verstappen's A.I, for example he always out-qualifies Verstappen even tho in real life Ricciardo mostly gets out-qualfied and on race pace Verstappen never had the same pace and in 3/4 seasons Ricciado wins the Driver's title way too easy when his only rival was Verstappen (except Season 3 where I won it even tho oddly my Rival was just Leclerc), I get that Ricciardo is on better form then Verstappen but in all of my races in Career Mode where Red Bull had the fastest car, I rarely see Verstappen out-qualified Ricciardo.

Well Ric has only ever been beaten by Kvyat in points before and that was only by 3 points AND with Ric suffering a whole mass of issues with the car toward the latter stages of the season. Sure Max has had some stonkers and his pace can sometimes be lightning fast! But his consistency wains or he crashes out. Ric has often been there to pick up the pieces. Only times Ric has been poor has been very poor strategy calls and of late I assume lesser attention due to leaving, suddenly struggling to do much ever since his public leaving for Renault is a tad coincidental for such a strong consistent racer. That and maybe no longer recieving upgrades due to not being so easily able to give data/info to Renault on the RB car. if he were ever the type to do so, RB are pretty safe in constructors to do this, they can't realistically catch Ferrari or Merc so the need for 2 drivers getting consistent high points are not so much on the top step of importance unless Ferrari or Merc suddenly fall from grace, highly unlikely even with godly intervention. And vice versa loosing out to Renault currently. The gap is just too big.

Also Ric has gone toe to toe in the same car as the 4 time World Champ Seb and come out on top.. How ever you feel about Seb you know hes crazy fast, even Mark happily states this!

I agree that Verstappen is way too slow compared to Ricciardo in this game. Making comments about how Ricc was so good against other teammates doesnt matter at all, because this is a game based on the 2018 season. It should mirror results based on 2018, not other years.
Ricciardo had a decent start to the year, but has been pretty off the pace for a while now. He was being out driven by Verstappen for many races before he signed for Renault (Spain, France, Canada, Austria, Britain, etc.)

Max has outqualified Dan well over 10 times already as well. so for a driver to be way ahead in the quali battle, and 22 points ahead in the title, its completely unrealistic for him to be getting smashed every race in this '2018' game.

After all, Max had many mechanical problems last year, and won 2 races. But still he was made very slow in 2017. So why when he gets troubles, he is made slow, and why when Dan gets troubles, Max is slow still? Seems a bit unbalanced. They should at least be much closer.

Bowzer33 said:
I agree that Verstappen is way too slow compared to Ricciardo in this game. Making comments about how Ricc was so good against other teammates doesnt matter at all, because this is a game based on the 2018 season. It should mirror results based on 2018, not other years.
Ricciardo had a decent start to the year, but has been pretty off the pace for a while now. He was being out driven by Verstappen for many races before he signed for Renault (Spain, France, Canada, Austria, Britain, etc.)

Max has outqualified Dan well over 10 times already as well. so for a driver to be way ahead in the quali battle, and 22 points ahead in the title, its completely unrealistic for him to be getting smashed every race in this '2018' game.

After all, Max had many mechanical problems last year, and won 2 races. But still he was made very slow in 2017. So why when he gets troubles, he is made slow, and why when Dan gets troubles, Max is slow still? Seems a bit unbalanced. They should at least be much closer.

How can they do that the season is still going. Also if its based on the first part of the season Ricciardo is clearly ahead as he has been every year with Max

Dan was ahead at the start of the year, but not by as much as the game makes it. He tends to battle with the top 4 while Verstappen sometimes cant even pass a Force India or Haas. Often the gap between them will be over half a minute every race, and it just seems a bit too much. Considering Dan hasnt got the better of Max since Monaco, there does need to be a change to be more realistic to whats happening.

They can fix it with a 'sporting update' like they do every year, which I hope happens because there are a lot of drivers who seem out of place, such as Kimi winning by miles in many races, Ocon getting thrashed by Perez, etc
These are what ive found when doing races in Championship mode, full distance, no safety cars.

You can't predict a season Bowzer33, remember the game is put together very early in the season, and only recently has Max overtaken Dan in points.

Aus; Dan (fl) 4th 12pt, Max 6th 8pt
Bah; double ret
Chi; Dan (fl) 1st 25pt, Max 5th 10pt
Aze; double ret
Spa; Dan (fl) 5th 10pt,Max 3rd 15pt
Mon; Dan 1st 25pt, Max (fl) 9th 2pt

Dan 72
Max 35

So by Monaco end you see the pattern Ric doing his usual strong dominance, you can be strong in quali but the race makes the difference. Most of the game was already developed before here so there was no reason not to put Ric as the strongest by a margin.
And I still feel Ric has been far slower due to leaving, if Codies changed Ric performance on track they'd maybe have to find out if Ric has less performance too and change the car also. I'm happy with the current Ric domination, it shows his true overall consistent performance in his career.

I wasnt predicting anything,  I know he was better at the start, a lot due to Max making silly errors. Im just saying it has changed since then, which it has definitely changed.
I know the game is based on early season, its how Codies games have always been. So it makes sense that Dan is much faster. But each year, they update the performances of the drivers with patches in late season with a 'sporting update' and I hope the same happens again, as the gap between them is a bit too big.

Anyone who isnt a mad fan or hater of one or the other can see that, both drivers are often very close in pace, (Whenever they are able to have a trouble free weekend, which is rare) so I feel the game should reflect that. You talk about how consistent Dan in his career, which is correct. He has been indeed a very consistent and safe driver in his career. But this is a game based on 2018. So it should reflect this year only.
Also, you say you 'feel' Ric has been slower due to leaving. Thats just a feeling you have, but the results are reflecting that. So put any reason you want on it, the fact is, hes dropped his pace.

Im not trying to start an argument, or say that Max should be miles faster than Dan, no way. I like both drivers, I feel they should be made more closer in any sporting update that may be released, to be more realistic. And honestly, its not just them, theres other drivers a bit out of place too that I hope are looked at.

Yes I agree, the consistency however is partially based on what you'd have to base the AI on, as the year just beginning you do have to either balance equally or as is try to mimic reality by real on track performance so I think a lot of building an AI as an individual is as a whole package, so including previous successes. The rest can be patched as you say, by a sporting update. But I don't know if they calculate on car issues and other unknowns (for instance if Ric has been performing less due to lack of upgrades which would be hard to impliment on the individual AI as it would be the car not the driver). I'm sure if Codies did have legal access to such info they likely wouldn't be able to share that with us.

Overall I'm happy for any updates to driver performance, they already tweeked Alonso as Van was sometimes beating him which definitely isn't realistic, no offence Van.. So long as its based on the drivers abilities over driver status or politics. Which RB are very good at.. And not always for the right reasons..

Although it is worth noting that sometimes the AI do react to situations, try playing with a team, mock up a career mode and make one AI which is ahead of the other slower or DNF and I notice that the other of that same team will not only gain 1st driver but they do perform better, it maybe a case for RB too if the gap isn't too much. I played this in my first career season to test the AI out, they do have some form of evolution to them.

Yes for sure, its one of the downsides to releasing a game early I guess. Some teams and drivers are over or underperforming. I just hope also that they do fine tune some of the performances between the drivers.
Ric and Ver should be closer, Perez and Ocon as well. I remember last year, in F1 2017, codies seemed to make Perez thrash Ocon, and this year its similar. Poor Ocon!
I will say, I do all my races in 100% distance, in championship mode. So what you said about career I didnt know, its quite interesting!
In championship mode, it almost feels like the results are frozen for the entire season of races. For example, I started a season as Hulkenberg, and Raikonnen has won the opening 3 races from pole by over 30 seconds, in the dry, with no safety car, and on the same strategy as the other top guys. Not bad for an old guy who hasnt won since 2013!
Maybe its worse for me, as I do the longer races, the AI really do spread out a lot, and the gaps between some teammates get quite huge.

It would never happen, but ive always wished there was a difficulty slider for each driver, so you could tweak each drivers performance the way you wanted. That way, you could strengthen or weaken certain drivers at certain tracks, so they perform like they did at the actual race that year.
For example, you could make both Haas drivers really quick at Austria, since they finished 4th and 5th in the real race. It would also mean there wouldnt be any complaints from fans that drivers are too fast or too slow. Would be difficult, but nice.

Yea that's true but it doesn't excuse in-game that Ricciardo always out-qualifies Verstappen, in race pace I can understand but qualifying, just no.

I remember toward the end of F1 2017 updates they did buff Alonso's A.I despite running a McLaren Honda but it's to replicate the last 3 races he performed, right now Verstappen's performing slightly better in the 2nd half of the season so him and Ricciardo's A.I in 2018 should be closely on par.

In career it is easy to forget the team performance, these new regulation changes really do mix up the grid lol! But I do also feel for Ocon, BUT Perez in my game does crash a lot so thats realistic ;)
I think most things are very random, like some guys get all the rain and some get hardly any, I've done 2 seperate careers and my 2nd which is into its 4th season now has thrown up some very random events. My 1st career and season saw Kimi always outperforming Seb and Bottas with Lewis too but the 2nd career sees a more even Kimi and Seb but Lewis destroying Valtteri. Merc are low runners now with Lewis getting just into points and Val sometimes running dead last! The biggest gap I find is Leclerc, he totally dominates the upper mid-field! 4th and 5ths with the 4th slowest car!
I know Force India were overpowered in the beginning but regulations have made them fairly normal to real life now.

Just did a race in Singapore with Max 3rd and Ric 7th.. Might mean nothing but just thought I'd add that because I thought of here as soon as I saw the results lmao! Maybe its really just the random on over clocking? 

I'm mostly referring to Qualifying pace alone, it's really disgusting seeing Ricciardo always out-qualifies Verstappen 10-0 that really takes the immersion out for me and in my Career Mode, Red Bull still have the fastest car on the grid in 5 Seasons now. It's just a simple fix is to buff Verstappen's A.I for Qualifying and that's it, but hope they do soon.

There is no such thing as a Ricciardo AI or a Verstappen AI. Every driver AI is just a bunch of numbers. There is not an AI that quali's better than another AI. There are just car's with a set performance and a value for aggression based on the driver or something like that. 

Correct me if I am wrong but the drivers in the game are not AI models based on how they drive, how they really perform on the track. It's just some values based on the championship leaderboard.

If you would make an AI that is based on quali results you would still get unrealistic results in the race because you would be "the bug". You are an unknown factor on track. So the results will never be like real life because you are not a driver in real life.

If I would not have been racing the AI Hamilton and Vettel would have much more points because I'm fighting in the front and not as good as a real F1 driver that means they are out of the race more often because of my driving style.   o:)