Sign in to follow this  

DLC Rallies for DiRT Rally 2.0 season 1 and 2

Would be cool if we had a winter and a summer version of the same place (something like Finland or Sweden, wheere there's snow in winter)

I know the Wales hasn't even released in dirt rally 2.0 yet but I am sure next dlc.
Remember This Wales SEASON 1 Confirmed.

(The Best of DR)
1-Wales
2-Greece
3-Finland

And the other 3...

4-Sweeden (Snow Rally)
5-San Remo (Tarmac)
6-Kenya (Exotic xd)

Don't forget about Monte Carlo xD that's mandatory to start any rally season.
I think they are playing nice by adding locations, and so far distant ones from Europe, since they already have a pretty decent database of rallies from Europe from DR. Plus in case they add more euro locations in future DLCs it's always cheaper than going outside Europe.

Crappy poll. The option "none" is missing.

DLC is never worth it and I wish game developers would just ship their products in complete form instead of selling half of the content they actually already completed at the same price as the core game.
  • Disagree 1

1. Ypres Rally Belgium
2. Barum Czech Rally
3. Rally Azores
4. Rally Indonesia
5. Rally Kenya
6. Circuit of Ireland Rally
7. Scottish Rally
  • Agree 1

CmdrCody said:

DLC is never worth it and I wish game developers would just ship their products in complete form instead of selling half of the content they actually already completed at the same price as the core game.
That's really stupid, no one is forcing you to buy the DLC if you don't want to. If DLC didn't exist we wouldn't get everything in the base game, we just wouldn't get any of the DLC content. See how well that worked out for DiRT 4.
  • Agree 1

CmdrCody said:

Disagree, I'm a fan of the newer way games are built, where there's a base which is expanded upon. I used to feel this way, now I'm loathe to involve myself in a game without. DLC practices have improved and, for sure, some companies take nickel-and-diming too far (here's looking at you Paradox), but games like Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, the Total War series and plenty of others have benefitted immensely from this approach IMO.

When you look at Codemasters'approach with DiRT 4 and previous DiRT games, the initial title has to appeal to a wide range of potential buyers and often this leads to a game being 'wide' rather than 'deep' (think of DiRT 4s 3 truck tracks and 5 RX circuits), whilst DLC offers the chance to add depth for the more invested part of your playerbase.

Not to mention, the game is shipped in complete form. It's not like DLC content is cut out, it's budgeted for out of its own budget and you wouldn't have the option to include it in the 'base' game as it wouldn't be effective to do so.

However, you're right that the poll is crappy, because we all know Ypres or Zlin should win any vote :P

Kenya

Italy // Asphalt

Portugal // Asphalt

Japan // Asphalt and drift roads in the mountains.

...to the 2nd season

1. Mexico i like the Mexico Rallys from the WRC 7 Game very nice and long Stages Love it !!!

2. Malaysia i think Dirt Rally need a Jungle Rally

3. France but no Corsica please

i like Monte Carlo but the Stages/WPs in Dirt Rally are a little boring because all tracks are only in the Mountain

@Codmasters take a look on Monte Carlo tracks from Sebastian Loeb Rally ! i love this tracks from the Game !!

Why the tracks from Argentina are short ? i need longer tracks from Argentina up to 14-20km  8km are too short !!

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

For season 2 as you already confirmed season 1 what people are forgetting is Portugal very technical and some amazing jumps and very steep hills which could be great for both rally and hill climb you should also add pikes Peak for hill climb for cars I vote for the subaru impertza sti 22b and the 2005 wrx also you should add in the hoonicorn v2 and hoonitruck for hill climbs 

You love Poland ? You will love Barum rally Czech. Make them see this!!!

Posted (edited)

Considering the depths that the Devs have gone to in order to create as accurate a sim as possible, and to make this sim as challenging as possible, I think it would only be right that they consider adding the biggest baddest car breaking rally of them all...Safari.

As this rally is more about survival than speed, I would love to see how they would implement the design and gameplay as it would really pose a test of a gamers ability to judge any given situation and maturity- being able to restrain themselves from going flat out if need be. It would walk hand in hand with an upgraded damage model and, I think, offer a unique challenge that is, perhaps, currently missing from the title.

Personally, I would love to attempt the rally; it has been my favourite since I first started watching the WRC some 20 odd years ago, and it has been one that I have pined for since it was removed from the calendar from the 2003 season onward.

The scope for having exceptionally long stages, deeper immersion and, subsequently, gamer commitment is huge. Admittedly, it might prove too great of a challenge for the hardware involved in running a rally of this scope but I am not a dev, nor tech savvy, so I dare not comment too much on this; only to say that if it is feasible then I would highly promote the opportunities attached to a rally of such grand scale, opportunities that I know the Dirt community would only be too willing to explore, adapt to and enjoy.

I came to the first Dirt Rally for the challenge, so lets turn it up to eleven with Dirt 2.0 and Safari.

Edited by Sammoo