Jump to content Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.10 – Discussion Thread

Faya

I have a problem with Quali in career mode after patch 1.10 . Some cars get impossibble sector times. Like 2 or 3 seconds faster in a 27 second sector then their teammate. Its not one sector on a track. Different tracks and different sectors. It looks like something went wrong after 1.10. Is this information already known?  
After installing 1.10 a few days back (PS4), my practice sessions in next 3 races in career mode (Starting in Brazil) are having an anomaly.

A random AI posts an incredibly fast sector as if he cut the corner to post that sector time. For eg; 1 of the screenshots shows Ericsson posting the 2nd fastest time on the slowest tyre. The 1st sector of his is about 1 &1/2 seconds faster than anyone else! The practice times at the top have gotten puzzling but this issue of having a real fast sector is existent in practice sessions only. My qualy & races are not as affected.

Uday9479 said:
After installing 1.10 a few days back (PS4), my practice sessions in next 3 races in career mode (Starting in Brazil) are having an anomaly.

A random AI posts an incredibly fast sector as if he cut the corner to post that sector time. For eg; 1 of the screenshots shows Ericsson posting the 2nd fastest time on the slowest tyre. The 1st sector of his is about 1 &1/2 seconds faster than anyone else! The practice times at the top have gotten puzzling but this issue of having a real fast sector is existent in practice sessions only. My qualy & races are not as affected.

Post also in this thread - seems quite common now

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140897/1-10-qualifying-bug-career-mode#latest

I'm not sure if the driving handling was changed, but noticed it was unrealistic (but maybe better), considering that in a prolonged curve the car tends to tilt it's weight to the other side (right curve, left tilt), but in the regain (back in a straight line, or to the opposite direction), the weight still pointing to the left is suddenly shifted to the other side, but without an electronic balance (and inclining to the front wheel, left one), the car would send it's back weight in a front flip (which is dangerous), whereas there is traction control that brings it back to the normal state of driving, probably a pump suspension or cable...this is present in the game, but in a lesser intensity however never simply breaking the flow, (undesireable)..  
SC and VSC still doesn’t come out in online. It’s like they are completely out of game. We had so many crashs/retirements in our first two league races this seasons and again no SC.

Is there any chance to fix this?
play on pc, after 1.10, the R&s in career doen't work properly, with update doesn have effect, and IA it's too quicker... im on 2° season, with ferrari, first race (95% difficult) i win, with vettel 2 sec. later.1 week later, i make secon race with 1.10 patch, in barhain im 1 sec slower than IA, and finish 6°, with my teammate too faster than me...
What did they do to get the AI suddenly doing crazy lap times and not just by simulating times, they do these times even when I'm on circuit with them. Is this just proof they have been playing with AI since release? They were perfect on PS4 release day, pre any patching.
Glad I have PS4 version though, PC users getting a rough time!
@Faya Some of our drivers found out a major bug in online racing. In qualification doing an invalidated lap will still count as a good lap. We use Strict rules so they shouldn't be taken into account. This is a pretty major bug ! 

We want an update on this and a fix asap !
squalles said:
News about 1.11 patch????
Thanks so much @Faya
we don´t will have a new patch soon... because F1 Esports week (races on 10th October)

I'd assume more chance of a patch as I can't imagine staff having the week off during the big event, although they wouldn't care about AI quali times as it will all be human players they'll likely be working hard to make sure the event goes smooth as possible, if they fix things for the event I'd think we will get those patch fixes right after if not during.
Please fix the AI ridiculous fast laps in qualy and practice in career mode. I'm in China, season 4, and Ocon just set pole 2,5s ahead of second place and 6s ahead of me. It's ruining the game.
As a temporary workaround you can do one-shot qualifying, it's not as fun but it always has the 'normal' lap times.
Qualy is fcked up badly. Especially on some tracks where the AI is pretty strong even without these bugs. I can barely get into Q3 with a Red Bull or Ferrari  @ Melbourne. My teammates were also massively (about 1s) off the pace (they were out on track at the same time like i have been out)
In the race its something different but its not fun anymore. 

Archived