Jump to content Jump to content

[Multiplayer] Starting on worn tyres after one shot qualifying..

Worntoathread

• A short description of the problem: After one lap of OSQ, somehow started the 5 lap ranked race on completely worn tyres (50 % +). Got the ''strategy change'' message immediately after light out and span/crashed out of the race after turn 1 as a result. Other players in the session didn't have the same issue.
  • Platform: PS4
  • Game Version: 1.10 
  • Game Mode: Multiplayer, ranked 5 laps.
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: 13 players, no AI.
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: It was the first session/lobby after starting up the game. Qualified on pole, started the race and this happened. Maybe notable or related; a 50% league race on the same track was driven in a custom lobby hours before but we played a different game in between the league race and this issue.
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): T300 paired with DS4/headset. 
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

0:08: The 'strategy change' message pops up above the MFD.   0:20: Right after the crash, you can see the wear on the non-punctured tyres. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnQwIYVIvs0 *

* Dramatic music added to improve mood and replace cursing :) 

Hi again @Worntoathread,

I've had a request from the team. You wouldn't happen to have more of the video would you? They're looking from when you joined the lobby to when the issue happens. Let me know if you have that! You can PM me a link if you'd rather. Many thanks!

Hi @Faya,

Here's the full video, from starting up the game until the issue happens. Something very notable; at 7:25 onwards on the grid before the race start, the steering display shows the tyres have somehow reached temperatures of up to 700°C.  I assume that must be the cause of the tyre wear after the start. Maybe it's a bit hard to see because of the upload quality, if it's useful I could send a high quality screenshot as well of those temperatures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuzZ7PnmKc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! I've passed it along to the team. If it happens again at all, please let me know and send any more video that you get. 

If anyone else has this happen to them, again, please let me know and send me any videos about the issue that you can. Many thanks!

Archived