Sign in to follow this  

2018 Japanese Grand Prix

I don't have anything witty or vaguely interesting for this thread, so this is what you got this week :p 

It's always strange when the sessions are at such strange time such as the Japanese GP.

When I first got my old dog, I used to wakeup for the sessions and walk him before the start.  Now I just record them, but the engine noise used to keep me awake even when nothing exciting was happening, now the engine noise puts me to sleep.

Good job Ferrari :trollface:

The concept of "you have nothing to lose" has been debunked by Ferrari's strategists yet again.

Ferrari have to be called out for putting inters on the car, but that shouldn't get Vettel off the hook for screwing up his lap. Three huge mistakes in one lap is simply not good enough at this level.

So is that the championship over then? Can't see Vettel coming back to challenge at the remaining races.

The championship has been over since Germany tbh, right now, the title fight is on life support and we're waiting for someone to pull the plug. Surprisingly enough, Vettel has done most of the pulling.

So to be clear, I'm not being biased when I say that the Vettel-Verstappen collision is on Vettel?

Jiggy said:
So to be clear, I'm not being biased when I say that the Vettel-Verstappen collision is on Vettel?
Not in my opinion.

too short

Another Mercedes 1-2 in Austin and the championship is done!

I feel like this championship has shades of 2013 in a way. Really exciting first half of the year with it being so close at the front, and then since the break it's been total domination.

fIsince08 said:
Vettel this year is Hamilton in 2011. Crashtastic.
Even more so than 2014. Undeniable brilliance with random self-destruction mixed in. 

Ferrari need to have a massive talk and reflection on this season, nothing about it has been good enough aside from the cars raw pace. Useless having a fast car if its operated and worked on by monkeys. 

What Vettel was thinking going for a move there only God knows, we can only hope for the sake of future competition that Vettel learns from this season and becomes a bit more like Lewis post 2011. Or perhaps Leclerc can be the one to challenge Mercedes. I don't mind at this point, but we really need another title going down to the wire.

Couple of thoughts on the incident. Feel like Max really pushed his luck there with the lack of space he left but I think with the speed Vettel was carrying he was going to understeer into Max no matter how much room Max left. A overly opportunistic move that he got fairly punished for.

Done some quick maths, and Hamilton needs to score just 33 points in the final 4 races to take the title, and that's with Vettel winning each of the remaining races. He could literally get a 5th and three 6th places and he'd get the job done. Crazy how quickly the season has changed from Hamilton being something like 30 points behind Vettel, to then being so far in front.

MBKF1 said:
Done some quick maths, and Hamilton needs to score just 33 points in the final 4 races to take the title, and that's with Vettel winning each of the remaining races. He could literally get a 5th and three 6th places and he'd get the job done. Crazy how quickly the season has changed from Hamilton being something like 30 points behind Vettel, to then being so far in front.
Lewis at no stage was further behind Vettel than 17pts this year and that was after the second race (Bahrain).

In that case, I have no idea where I got the 30 points figure from.