Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1.10 Qualifying bug career mode

I will also add that I have had this happen in career, in Q1 and Q2 since latest patch.
it happens every time without fail! I Have done around 10 race weekends,

random drivers post outrageously quick sectors 

needs fixing asap.

We're still working on this one. As suggested, it is caused when fast-forwarding through the session and seems to occur more frequently with higher AI rating. We'll let you know once we have more news on it.

Hoo said:
Please can you provide us with the following info and we'll try to reproduce the issue here:
  • Platform
  • Game Mode
  • Track
  • Session
  • Your Team
  • AI difficulty
  • Whether you fast-forwarded the session
  • Whether you simulated the session
  • Whether you retired out or otherwise skipped part of the session
Thanks.

Since 1.10, have not tested that much but almost every session it happened
PC
Career Season 1
After Patch 1.10: Melbourne (GP Mode); Silverstone (Career); Germany (Career), Hungary (Career) 
Ferrari (Red Bull in GP Mode)
103; 105; 110
fast forward
no simulated session
no retirement/skipping of sessions, just time fast forward when i am done

As soon as you watch the AI or drive out alongside them you get normal times youd expect. At Germany Ocon for example set an unmanagable time with the Force India (6th fastest car in career). Driving alongside them they set the normal times. 

So fast forwarding is bad. We get that. OK.

What about when I have sat through all of qualifying, only used drive to track, allowed damage to be fixed without skipping time, watched the AI on track, and then at the end of the session if I am in the garage and not on track, the game reverts to simulating times for the AI again anyways??? They don't finish the laps they started before timer ended. Times have to come from somewhere. So would the below be accurate?

Any sessions you are not in, AI times are simulated.
Any sessions you are in but fast forward at any point, AI times are simulated. 
Any session you are in, where you don't fast forward in any way, if you are in the garage when session ends, AI times for cars on track will be simulated.

Are all AI laptimes simulated? If I followed, for example Lewis, round the lap would my stopwatch match what the game said?

Hoo said:
We're still working on this one. As suggested, it is caused when fast-forwarding through the session and seems to occur more frequently with higher AI rating. We'll let you know once we have more news on it.
With due respect, You're sadly mistaken. The unbelievable sector times that get posted (also) happen when the session is running at normal pace. I've attached a screenshot from my PS4 career FP1 of Azerbaijan which I underwent a few hours back without any fast forwards. Do keep an eye on Ericsson's time which he set quite early in the session & while I was running through my programmes.

Just had this glitch happen 2 days running (Standard PS4, career mode Patch 1.10) Vettel on pole in Monaco, me 2nd, 2.5 secs faster than me! A full FIVE Seconds faster than anyone through Sector 2. Then Hamilton 3 seconds faster than anyone through Sector 3 in Canada! Plus (going slightly off topic) The Co-commentator glitch started again from Monaco... Anthony Davidson has lost his voice again... And no cutscene before the podium of the team manager celebrating

Yeah seeing this more often now. Sometimes overall laptime won't particularly stand out if they are in a decent team, but then someone will have a specific sector 1-2s faster than anyone else.
When it happens with midfield or below its very obvious.

n the last two races I played, the game began to cause problems in Q1, Q2 and Q3 lap times on the Abu Dhabi and Australia tracks. The lap times of artificial intelligence players are getting much smaller than the time they should mainly do Q1, their lap times do not match track time, since it is not possible to do so, in Q1 it is almost impossible to qualify for Q2, before the game was not like that, and I did not make any changes of difficulty, configurations and I continue in the same team as is Ferrari. Game mode Career without help and with 100% of difficulty and did not make any changes, and before I did not have this behavior being that I was always competitive playing in that way, in abu Dhabi for example a car mclaren came to make 5 seconds faster than I

n the last two races I played, the game began to cause problems in Q1, Q2 and Q3 lap times on the Abu Dhabi and Australia tracks. The lap times of artificial intelligence players are getting much smaller than the time they should mainly do Q1, their lap times do not match track time, since it is not possible to do so, in Q1 it is almost impossible to qualify for Q2, before the game was not like that, and I did not make any changes of difficulty, configurations and I continue in the same team as is Ferrari. Game mode Career without help and with 100% of difficulty and did not make any changes, and before I did not have this behavior being that I was always competitive playing in that way, in abu Dhabi for example a car mclaren came to make 5 seconds faster than I
broken game after 2 month with playable game...incredible! dowgrade of patch!! nothing else codemasters!!!

How this has not been fixed yet is a joke................ was never a bug to start with until you patched it in!!!! Surely just patch it out!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH frustration!

Anthony Davidson quits after a programming error stops him from speaking in the pre-race sequence, nice work, hope Ant doesn't find out you wasted his time and effort recording his lines. How come this is still a thing? Didn't they fix that or have they not tested every track to ensure he speaks in every build up?

Hades1275 said:
Anthony Davidson quits after a programming error stops him from speaking in the pre-race sequence, nice work, hope Ant doesn't find out you wasted his time and effort recording his lines. How come this is still a thing? Didn't they fix that or have they not tested every track to ensure he speaks in every build up?
Been the same for me since 1.04. I've given up on this.

I do sometimes have it happening during Practice sessions, but never noticed it during Qualifications.

Anything else of note, what's this 1.12 patch "Invalidated laps will no longer be valid" hmm I'm on PS4, I'm scared this will break something else in Career mode in terms of lap times. I have noticed that sometimes the AI during a practice programme will set an impossible sectors like in Monaco, I think it was Sirotkin did a 00:18.924 whereas everyone else was in the 1:10s, real realistic and you want to make this an esport. Sort it out please, I can't comment on online, can't be bothered being smashed off every corner, not worth £60 for PS+.

Hades1275 said:
Anything else of note, what's this 1.12 patch "Invalidated laps will no longer be valid" hmm I'm on PS4, I'm scared this will break something else in Career mode in terms of lap times. I have noticed that sometimes the AI during a practice programme will set an impossible sectors like in Monaco, I think it was Sirotkin did a 00:18.924 whereas everyone else was in the 1:10s, real realistic and you want to make this an esport. Sort it out please, I can't comment on online, can't be bothered being smashed off every corner, not worth £60 for PS+.

I think it refers to the fact that when you play by example time trial and you get a lap invalidated because you get out of the track, by example, your lap will still count and you can beat your "rival" target doing so.

The AI doing weird times in Practice is a know issue. Honestly I do not care about this one, as Practice is not really intended to matter time wise. I never noticed weird / impossible timings in Qualifying, and this is what matters to me. Yes if it was fixed it would be great, but I can live with it as long as it only affects Practice.

Tarou11 said:
Hades1275 said:

I think it refers to the fact that when you play by example time trial and you get a lap invalidated because you get out of the track, by example, your lap will still count and you can beat your "rival" target doing so.

The AI doing weird times in Practice is a know issue. Honestly I do not care about this one, as Practice is not really intended to matter time wise. I never noticed weird / impossible timings in Qualifying, and this is what matters to me. Yes if it was fixed it would be great, but I can live with it as long as it only affects Practice.
That's a fair comment, practice doesn't matter much, if the problem occurs in qualifying consistently then it'll bother me. Do you know if the lap time board with times out of order has been mentioned like some driver would post a seemingly good time yet shows them down the order while the rest above are slower?

Had this problem as I stated earlier in this discussion from patch 1.10, but it now also has the same problem without fast forwarding or skipping the session. (Maybe patch 1.12)

While doing a lap myself (repeat "doing a lap"!!) Leclerc popped up fastest and on returning to the garage he did a sector 1.5secs faster than anyone else.

101 AI, Renault, Bahrain, Q1.

This has become so annoying now! Any news on a fix?

This needs to be fixed ASAP, this literally ruins career mode for everyone facing this issue. I know the devs are trying their best on fixing this, but this didn't happened before the 1.10 patch. So you fixed some bugs and yet added new ones.

This happened to me in Career mode today:
  • PC
  • S2
  • Monaco
  • Q1: I had to wait 4 mins because of some fault in the car. I waited (didn't skip the time) and after that I went out (didn't use the flying lap option) and set my first time. Then I was wondering why I was still at 15th place. So I made another run, I even cut a corner to see, if I can get out of Q1, and in the end it wasn't even enough. After the session has ended I restarted it to see if it changes anything, and guess what, the AI were setting lap times of 1.06.XX . Literally a car that doesn't have the "pace" to be that good is doing the same time. I really hope this gets fixed soon

Always the same, 2 or 3 drivers every weekend in the sessions will have stupid sectors, always 2 or 3 seconds faster than anyone else 

Jeff just told me the new rules will affect multiple departments. Well I can say for sure than in my next season the major rule change will be a return to one shot qualifying similar to 03/04...

In Season 2 so far. In qualifying (single session) I've had the following that I can remember:

Australia - Leclerc on Pole (Sauber 8th fastest)
Bahrain - Hamilton on Pole but with a crazy sector time somewhere at least 1.5 seconds quicker than anyone else
China - Stroll 6th ( Williams by far the slowest car)
Baku - Sainz in 3rd with 2nd sector at least a second faster than anyone else 
Spain - Alonso on pole with a 1st sector 1.5 seconds quicker than anyone else 

All sorts of crazy sector times in practice (I've lost track of who has done what) - seems that in practice sessions you can get at least 2 A.I cars that run crazy fast sector times