DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Will Dirt3 ever be fixed?

I'm sure it has been asked before but I can't find the answer, will dirt ever be fixed to save progress and race online after windows live was discontinued?

I understand that there are plans.  However this is probably someone's 'side project' as in when there is time to work on it, maybe to completion, or it gets chipped away at from time to time.  

I guess once Dirt4 (or whatever it's called) is announced, most people will stop worrying about Dirt3. It's a bit of a shame. Luckily I have a Complete Edition of Dirt3 (although 2 of the add-on packs have to be downloaded), so hopefully it'll be okay for me at least.

I guess once Dirt4 (or whatever it's called) is announced, most people will stop worrying about Dirt3. It's a bit of a shame. Luckily I have a Complete Edition of Dirt3 (although 2 of the add-on packs have to be downloaded), so hopefully it'll be okay for me at least.
I won't forget. I hope they update it like they said, I won't buy 4 anyway unless 3 gets there because I feel like I am playing half a game with "buy" everywhere and no means to do it.

Jan. 13, 2015:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/68486/#Comment_68486

For those who haven't seen it on the Steam forums yet:
---Update 13/01/15 ---

Hi all, I know this is taking a long time and I can only apologise for the... Well let's call it what it is, massive delay. I know it seems like I've not been coming by but I can assure you I have and I want to thank you for continuing to put the pressure on us both here and on Twitter to get it sorted.

Now I still don't have a date I'm willing to give you just in case it bumps for some unknown reason but I can tell you it will be very soon and the next time I update the first post in the thread it'll be to tell you it's available.

I can however tell you that we'll be upgrading you all to the Complete Edition free of charge, we'll be adding Steam Trading cards and if you also happen to own a mac we'll be making the mac edition of DiRT 3 available to you as well. If you own a boxed copy dig out your CD key and keep it safe as you'll need that to redeem your Steamworks copy when the update goes live.

Again, apologies about the delay but we're almost there.

This is great news @justbiglee, and I would like to apologize for losing my patience once in a while in the past year ;)

I'm assuming Steam achievements will be included as well? Would love to redo those after all these years :D

Looking forward to the next update!

I've been reinstalling my 400-500 games(!) over the past few months, and have just got to the rally games.

I wonder if Dirt3 will be on Steam before I install the GWFL/disc original version I have...?!? Got a few rally games to install before that though...