Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One Controller Rumble on 1.10 PC

Faya said:

Thanks to everyone that sent through your information and for the information that you’ve gathered in this thread. The team is taking a further look at the moment.

I know that validating the game probably won’t be the thing to fix it, but it never hurts to try the easy to check things. Sending through the DXDiags and hardware specs also can help us tracking down if it only happens to certain set-ups or if it’s wider spread. The more info we have, the better! That being said, I think the team have all they need for the moment. If they need anything else, I will return. Thanks again!  

Thank you for the update Faya, even if we did not really learn something new, it is always nice to have a feedback :)

Xorag said:
Is there a way to share DX diag privately regarding this issue?
You can send it to community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ ).

Do not forget to put the link of this thread as reference in your email, as well as your user name.

Trigger rumble broken for me too, don't know whether it was 1.12 or the Steam update though

kraM1t said:
Trigger rumble broken for me too, don't know whether it was 1.12 or the Steam update though

It worked in 1.10 until Steam update on the 11/12 October. Since the 12 October, it does not work. Nor 1.10 or 1.12 broke it, seems to be all due to the Steam update.

Hi @Faya , do you know if the testing team is able to reproduce this issue with the PC Steam version?

Thank you.

I must admit that the time it takes to just plug a Xbox One controller and try a Steam PC version to see if the trigger rumble is there or not, and then check why (probably 1-2 lines of code to check) is quite amazing... And you are not a small company with very limited resources and budget, this is something I can't understand. Yes you have other things to work on, issues to fix and whatever you want else.. But come on.. It takes what, 10 minutes to plug in a pad and play a bit with the settings to confirm there is an issue with the trigger rumble, don't tell me nobody at Codemasters has 10 minutes to try and acknowledge this issue???

I am not someone to post nasty posts and complain, but there are things like this that really upset me, not because I am an impatient guy yelling for what he wants and ingrateful, I respect all the work Codemasters do, but here we are at a point where I can't get it.

To fix an issue that is hardly reproducible and where fixing it involves many files and code lines, I can totally understand it takes time to fix, and even sometimes that it is not fixable at all. But here... really...

And I allow myself to tag @ChristinaMc , as it seems she is part of the testing team..

Hey again,

We think it’s related to the steam update, so it’s a little more complicated than it might appear. The team is still working on it and I’ll update you when I have more information. Thanks!

Faya said:

Hey again,

We think it’s related to the steam update, so it’s a little more complicated than it might appear. The team is still working on it and I’ll update you when I have more information. Thanks!

Thank you for the update Faya. I knew it was this Steam update, it was so evident.. I wrote to Steam support as soon as I got this issue, I got "gently" told there is no way it comes from Steam, it is the game developper...

I think you are already aware of it, but communication makes everything better. Even if something is not fixed, posting a message like you just did is so welcomed.. Then we don't feel let down, the silence is the worst way to handle communication. Sorry if I seemed "angry" in my previous message, the truth is I bought a Xbox One controller just to get this feature on F1 2018, and I took 1 week holiday, partly to enjoy this game the maximum I can, my holidays starting the Friday 12. Yes, this same day the trigger rumble issue began... I am however perfectly aware you are for nothing regarding this bug as it has been induced by Steam, I just really hoped it could be fixed quickly. It does not seem to be the case, at least I know it from official source now, and I can patient without asking myself "what are they doing? Did they do anything to try to fix it?" Again, communication helps a lot.

Best regards

Hi i need help please after the last update 1.12 i have no vibration in my controller. Im using a xbox one control i put new batteries in i used the cable, i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, i turned vibration off then on, put it up to 150% but none of this works, and you cant play the game with no vibration. Please anybody help me if there is a solution or if anyone else having this issue? it the PC version. oh and the vibration does work on other games.

Thanks i appreciate it.

Hi all, I've merged a couple of threads together as they were about the same issue. 

Hi @Mark45, please see the posts above for more information, thanks!  

Re-installed windows last night. Was gonna play some F1 today and realised i didnt have any rumble. Took me a while untill i saw this post. I understand it now. BUT, its hard to believe, this literally ruins approx 70% of the fun factor in the game. Such a small thing, yet so damn big. Didnt even realise it myself untill i didnt have it anymore. However.. i guess other games will have to get priority, atleast until this is fixed. 

Final note: I do understand that its not your fault, Codemasters. But whoever did this mistake killed my fun. 

We need this hotfixed, game is just sitting and no point of playing, feels like an arcade with no feedback from the rear of the car

What I don't understand is.. Steam most likely has the previous version of the modified file that is causing the issue. How hard is it for them to have a look at it, and compare it with the new version to spot where the issue comes from... Something that never worked can be hard to fix. Something that worked until an update should not be a problem to fix...

Tarou11 said:
What I don't understand is.. Steam most likely has the previous version of the modified file that is causing the issue. How hard is it for them to have a look at it, and compare it with the new version to spot where the issue comes from... Something that never worked can be hard to fix. Something that worked until an update should not be a problem to fix...
As a Software Dev, this should not take more than a day. 1 dev and 1 qa to find the root cause and apply a fix to test.
After the medium TC adjustment in patch "smth" it was reverted in a few hours.
@Faya any updates, thx in advance

Alec77 said:
Tarou11 said:
As a Software Dev, this should not take more than a day. 1 dev and 1 qa to find the root cause and apply a fix to test.
After the medium TC adjustment in patch "smth" it was reverted in a few hours.
@Faya any updates, thx in advance

Yes but @Faya said it is more complicated than it looks like. And I do not believe this at all. Honestly I read a bit more all the topics here and on the F1 General forum, and here is my honest feeling of Codemasters:

- Poor communication, lies, ignoring major bugs
- Not competent Dev team, poor QA team. Do you even test the patches you deploy before deploying them, or you just do changes that "should work" to shut up the people requesting fixes??? How many Dev do you have? 1?2? That is what it looks like, or all are really lazy and finding excuses that "it takes times to fix that or this, it is not easy..."... lame...
- Only caring about releasing new games and making money, support gets very little attention
- Many indy devs do more work than you, and better (by this, understand with many less bugs, specially gamebreaking ones). It hurts? That's the truth. Money does not buy skill. You can buy F1 licenses, if you do s*** with them they are worth nothing.

For a british company, it got very american and it is very lame.
I am fed up of this amateur company. Codemasters....haha... the company name does not reflect at all the skill of its employees... It was a very good company in the past. Not anymore it seems.

All the unhappy customers should gather and open a legal case against Codemasters to have their game(s) refunded...

and there is no communication with us. We do not even know if it's going really well and if we 
have to hope. I feel stolen because the game is not like it was when I bought it. I wonder if
all this is legal. I bought F1 2018 for a very special feeling that does not exist anymore.
a refund should be possible. All this is a shame because I love this game, before all that I was very satisfied ..

Kamikaz86 said:
and there is no communication with us. We do not even know if it's going really well and if we 
have to hope. I feel stolen because the game is not like it was when I bought it. I wonder if
all this is legal. I bought F1 2018 for a very special feeling that does not exist anymore.
a refund should be possible. All this is a shame because I love this game, before all that I was very satisfied ..

Same, I really enjoyed the game, but by being so careless the devs are breaking it more and more instead of fixing the things that needed to be fixed. Now it is a mess and less playable than before, if playable at all as actually it is a pain to play it.. Doing updates is good and needed, but please take the time to test it fully before releasing, updating something to break something else won't do any progress.

I think my first Codemasters game was Collin McRae Rally, in 1998. And damn that was a good game. Very good. I don't recall having any bug or issue with it. This was quality work, done by passionate team. The Codemasters of today seems to be only driven by money anymore. The passion is gone, and the quality with it.

It does make sense that it's related to the steam update. Fingers crossed for a fix soon...

I read somewhere that it could come from windowsgaminginput.dll. There would have been the 
same problem on the last Tomb raider. the rumble trigger was no longer working. The solution
was to change the registry and disable windowsgaminginput.dll

I hesitate to activate the beta test on steam. Maybe an update is already in progress,
and that will allow to have it in advance?