Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One Controller Rumble on 1.10 PC

Here is the page of the update of October 12th. Put your comments for the problems we encounter
on the game. I just did it. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/3617972161463289725

@Faya just did Practice 1 at Monza S3 of my career, cant feel the car at all. Game is unplayable.

Still no communication, no update, no fix. Still unplayable. Unplayable may be hash, but its def a problem, cant feel how hard im braking, when i give to much throttle, makes it really hard and super arcady. I guess im buying Horizon 4 instead.. 

8 days and still no fix, it is very laughable. Do not tell us it takes time to fix it, we are not stupid and we don't believe your lies. You just don't want to fix it, at least for now. The fact it implies Steam has nothing to do with the difficulty to fix it. Are you afraid of Valve? Did you contact them about this issue at least? Or you need someone, a customer, to call them for you and try to find an agreement to release a fix in short delay?

Seriously, telling us it is more difficult than what it seems is a total lack of respect and is making fun of us. I bet Codemaster informed Valve about this issue (I hope they did...), and as the fix has to come from Valve, now they are like "Ok, we did our part of the job, let's just wait that they deploy a fix, whenever it will be we don't care, not our fault".

I requested a refund. Thats my solution when with every new patch they fix 1 problem, but add 2 new ones. Im out, theres other games with F1 mods. 

I've 156Hrs of gameplay already (before the bug) so no refund possible...
I think Valve must fix this ... they just have to leave their hands off xinput. Building a wall (Valve input) between devices and xinput seems to be not a good idea.

If Codemaster can't do anything they must tell us frankly. But in this case they must tell us who we should complain about and how.
It's the least they can do..

Still waiting                                                                         

kraM1t said:
Still waiting                                                                         
Yes, that would be nice @Faya

Hi all,

There are still discussions going on. When I have something more to share I will. Thank you for your patience   

Faya said:

Hi all,

There are still discussions going on. When I have something more to share I will. Thank you for your patience   

Thank you Faya.

Faya said:

Hi all,

Appreciate the feedback @Faya . I also sent a ticket to steam about it, and they said they where aware of the issue and that the development department is working on it. "Keep an eye out for a fix release on Steam Client Beta"

I would anticipate steam needs to maybe enable the use of older library files for games that don't support whatever changes they made in the most recent update...

Steam Client Beta Update - October 23

23 OCTOBRE - TAYLOR SHERMAN
The Steam Beta client has been updated with the following change:

New Steam Chat
  • Unread messages or active voice chats will now update your Steam tray/taskbar icons to indicate these states

Windows
  • Significantly improved performance and decreased memory usage for HTML based UI (Store, Community, etc) in the main Steam desktop window

Steam Input
  • Added the ability to change controller type in the “Define Layout” screen. This only affects the glyphs and configurations recommended for the device and the limits of whatever low-level API the controller is read through still apply. For example if a PS4 controller is currently treated as an Xbox controller because of a driver or non-Steam Input remapping software presenting the device over Xinput reclassifying it to a PS4 controller will only correct the glyphs and the gyro/trackpad will not work.
  • Fix an issue with devices with digital triggers and buttons bound to trigger outputs

Thanks for the update, everyone. I've passed this back to the team. 

Hi all,

For those of you who have the Steam beta, can you please try updating to the latest version and let me know if you see any difference? Thanks!

The triggers rumble works but the information returned to my controller is not good. It's not yet the sensation I had before. You have to polish all that.
But it's on the right path :)

Overall it feels fairly similar to Forza, but it does seem to be working - I can't say if it feels significantly different than before or not. 

Thanks