Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One Controller Rumble on 1.10 PC

Just updated steam to latest steam beta,
The Good:
1. Trigger throttle and brake work
2. Riding the curbs gives feedback to the controller
The Bad:
1. Input on the controller is just raw (for better term to describe), it feels like it wants to shake it self appart. After the first input to the controller the FB is like 200% in strength, if you continue to ride a curb its ok, like it was before.
Needs to be pollished a bit more and it will be as we all want it to be.
Thx to @Faya

So i test and there is good and bad 
first the beta isn't stable sometimes that doesn't work 
The good
The trigger work 
The bad 
the trigger don't give the exact information when the wheel block in braking the vibration start to late and the blocking start 
And the trigger give the information of curves that isn't good beacause that earase the information of the spinning in the acceleration and the braking

Just need few optimisation but that is in the good way

( sorry for my english i'm french )

Yes after testing a bit more i do agree it feels... strange. Hopefully valve isn't done fixing this.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'll get this to the team. 

Triggers still don't work for me, latest Steam client beta update, the actual controller vibration still works when set to Auto but it's uninformative. If I set trigger rumble to On, I get no vibration at all from the controller.

How are you guys making the triggers work again?

kraM1t said:
Triggers still don't work for me, latest Steam client beta update, the actual controller vibration still works when set to Auto but it's uninformative. If I set trigger rumble to On, I get no vibration at all from the controller.

You have to disable SteamInput for the game in BigPictureMode.

kraM1t said:

You have to disable SteamInput for the game in BigPictureMode.

It says it's disabled when I try to configure it so wtf? :(

Are you guys sure you're not confusing controller vibration with trigger vibration? No matter what I try the trigger rumble still isn't working, controller vibration works

kraM1t said:
Are you guys sure you're not confusing controller vibration with trigger vibration? No matter what I try the trigger rumble still isn't working, controller vibration works
dont' know about others ... but i'm absolutely sure!

Hmmm, this is my Steam version 

Same for you? I even tried updating my Xbox One controller and reinstalling the firmware for it, trigger rumble still works in the calibration of Microsoft's firmware updater so it's not my controller

Anyone from Codemasters know why it's fine for others since the beta update but not me?

Windows 10 x64
everything updated
i5 4690 + GTX 970, latest drivers

kraM1t said:
Anyone from Codemasters know why it's fine for others since the beta update but not me?

Windows 10 x64
everything updated
Not sure it will solve your issue, but did you try in-game to disable the vibrations (keep the Trigger rumble option on On), save, and enable them again?

Tarou11 said:
kraM1t said:

Windows 10 x64
everything updated
Not sure it will solve your issue, but did you try in-game to disable the vibrations (keep the Trigger rumble option on On), save, and enable them again?

I did, if I set it to On I get 0 vibrations, same with Off, Auto gives me controller vibration but no trigger, so strange.

Edit: It just randomly started working...

kraM1t said:
Tarou11 said:
kraM1t said:

Windows 10 x64
everything updated

I did, if I set it to On I get 0 vibrations, same with Off, Auto gives me controller vibration but no trigger, so strange.

Edit: It just randomly started working...

Did you disable SteamControl for the game?

@Faya The trigger rumble works properly after the 1.13 update. I'm currently using the Oct 25 Steam Beta build. Thanks for your effort solving this problem!

There is a new Steam Beta, which has following changes
Steam Input
  • Add Steam Input per-game settings to the desktop client’s game properties page.
I tried it just for fun. And the Rumble Triggers are working again. Download the Beta and then go to your games Settings. there is a new "Per Game Steam Input" setting. set it to Forced off, and the triggers are working again (atleast for me and a friend) I hope, this works for you guys too

@Bannish
Thank you mate, you are the best. Love you. Greetings from Germany  <3

I can not use trigger vibration on my xB1 elite for another reason. The right trigger vibration is tied to the wheel dampening setting and I have to run this at 0 which means no vibration on the right trigger. The reason I have to do this is this game is missing one major fundamental option. Speed Sensitivity. The more speed you carry the less sensitive inputs become, to the point that you can vigorously push left & right going down a straight without almost no input at all. This issue is amplified if the wheel dampening setting is set med-high hence the reason I have to turn it off. Not having this option is the biggest negative for me on this current tittle. The lack precision and counter corrections can not be made the way I would like and that I can do in other racing tittles such as AC, ACC, PC2. Furthermore deadzone = 0 is not 0 as there is a buffer zone. I hope CM introduces this option in the future.