We need a hot seat mode for multiplayer

I know I'm not the only one who gets together with some friends on the weekends and have some friendly competition with my sim setup. Grabbing a random car on a random course and seeing which one of us can drunkenly slide down the mountain the fastest, but it gets old trying to track all of it each time we switch.

So give us hot seat! We can queue how many bodies will be racing, be it local or online, and the game just runs it that many rounds recording the times for everyone. HUGE bonus points if we can extend this to entire tournaments so I can just queue up 5 stages with 4 people in the hot seat option, giving us 20 races without ever having to go back to a menu or write anything down.

And with the deforming surfaces, you could even let that carry over per person or reset it. Make the current fastest time run the first lap, slowest time gets to go last since the ~5+ position should have the best track setup. 
  • Agree 6

YES PLEASE! must have for any rally game!

Yes!! We all beer drinking woman and man need this! The only way to drive, drink and play a champoinship toghter! :smiley:

btw still playing Colin Mcrae 2005 with my friends for the hot seat option...... Pleeeeeaaaseee Codies upgrade us all hot seats players  with Dirt Rally 2.0 Hot Seat option!!

No news on the Hot Seat option...
But when I read this it doens't looks good...
"Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment."

Yes!! We all beer drinking woman and man need this! The only way to drive, drink and play a champoinship toghter! :smiley:

btw still playing Colin Mcrae 2005 with my friends for the hot seat option...... Pleeeeeaaaseee Codies upgrade us all hot seats players  with Dirt Rally 2.0 Hot Seat option!!
Good mention on CMR2005. N-Gage's CMR2006 had a full-synchronous multiplayer mode which I found really fun to play with pops. Too bad we don't get anymore portable DiRT titles.

My vote is yes. At least that'd be a nice excuse to bring petrolhead homies to my house.
  • Agree 1

No news on the Hot Seat option...
But when I read this it doens't looks good...
"Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment."

I love hot seat mode or multiplayer championship offline.I bought every rally game but every single one from WRC 4 hadn't a hotseat or championship
  • Agree 1

To me this is a very important feature for a Rally game.  Please include it.
Having friends at home looking at the game, it is a great way to include them.
And it could help sales....
  • Agree 3

Yes Codemasters really need to add this to Dirt Rally 2.0. Some may say just take turns, but they obviously don't know how a real rally works. The fact that the damage carries over to the next stage, the decisions you make on what to repair and how long it will take, your points and the leaderboard changing from stage to stage. Richard Burns Rally implemented hot seat multiplayer beautifully, and I believe even WRC7 has this option! 

When you have a friend or 2 over, nothing beats this way of playing a rally game. Its a no-brainer, and it seems like a pretty straightforward implementation so please make it happen Codies! 

• Agree 2

Originally quite an old thread, but yeah I believe we still should have some local play exclusive modes... even though they don't have to be exclusive of course. Hotseat would be great, even though DR2.0 may not be the best game to have one compared to more casual DIRT3 and DIRT4 games.

• Agree 2

Game discripton Dirt Rally 2.0:

We need much more votes!!! 
I can see (over the years) that in many many places players are asking for Hot Seat multiplayer championship option!

So lets all vote on this one pleeeeeeeaaaase!

28 minutes ago, A-M-A-R-85 said:

how exactly do we vote? Do we just click the thumbs up on the opening post?

True they took out the vote option.... Still viewing, liking, rating and yes making comments will help this request..

Good! Did "some" research on this forum..... Guess what I found here.... It's time the codies put all these Hot Seat request into Dirt Rally 2.0!!!

I'm sorry if I missed some posts on this Codemaster forum about the Hot Seat option..

• Like 1

Hot seat would be greater played with a friend Saturday have to run a full set of stages write the times down on paper then my friend drove the same races to keep the car damage consistent but it wasn't perfect hit seat would be amazing

Edited by Zooes87
Typo
  • Like 2

Hate how these developers have forgotten about people with real friends. 😣

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AirSpeedNB said:

So.... No Hot Seat Championship Codies....

Well lucky for us Hot Seat players there's a much better game comin soon!!

WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1004750/WRC_8_FIA_World_Rally_Championship/ 

And YES this will have Offline MultiPlayer.

I think that series has gone down hill. I loved the tarmac physics in wrc3 and wrc7s was bloody awful. They are also a fan of joining two different stages together and calling them 2 different locations.

Do you think WRC8 will be worse then CMR2005?

That's what we are playing now for the hot seat championship option...

I fully support this suggestion.

As for the drinking bit, just remember safety first because Drunk driving is a killer disease!!!

15 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

I fully support this suggestion.

As for the drinking bit, just remember safety first because Drunk driving is a killer disease!!!

Thanks #Mastoideu !

As for the apping, toothbrushing, watching replay's, closing your eyes bit, these are all killers while driving..

Please add more killing things while driving!

Note: Who here was able to park the car in Spain on a house? I did while being ******. Further more I think its a bug when i have more then 5 beers stage times getting slower, please fix this!

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, AirSpeedNB said:

I think its a bug when i have more then 5 beers stage times getting slower, please fix this!

Move on to tequila and you’ll get a worm instead. Much cooler and you will definitely get your fix! 😎

3A9BC95C-3B35-4481-9E9D-D7E9BDA1B19D.jpeg

Edited by Mastoideu

2 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

Move on to tequila and you’ll get a worm instead. Much cooler and you will definitely get your fix! 😎

Mmmmmm.... If you mean by fix going out I agree!

Still tequila is way better in some ways... I mean not so many mandatory pit stops to the toilet drinking  tequila instead of beer!

Back to the subject.... 

Nerds like us who love to drive rally, can stay alone in a room playing rally like for ever!

Still even us rally nerds could use some company ones every time while playing....

So Codie nerds as one Rally nerd to another.... 

We need hot seat championship!

• Agree 1