Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why's Safety Car not actually responding to Yellow flags nor car retirement?

I don't know why but the Safety Car in 2018 is now last gen version where it never comes out at all, I hope they patch this, sure I get VSC but that's about it and it only lasted 20 seconds which doesn't really change anything during a race, in 2016 is was perfect yea it comes out too often but that's the point and I was loving it, in 2017 it slowly becomes a balance in terms of response but 2018 what happened here it just doesn't work.

Dez0808 said:
Just checking you know safety car is turned off in settings by default
I checked and it's said it's still on for me but still nothing

When the game was first released, the safety car was working perfectly, but now its broke, dosnt come out since the last update or the one before, done 3 quarters of a season and not once has it come out. lol. This is also a bug that was in previous title, cant remember which one. Things never change.

PS4pro patch 1.10
No SC or VSC since the patch. Ive done 3 races. Ive had a few yellow flag incidents and a few '*insert driver* is out of the race but each time the car seems to be off the track on a straight so pretty safe. Last race there was 2 laps to go so that's fine but race before car was patked for half the race. Without watching the replays hard to know if ive just been lucky with everything having clean races or whether some incidents should have bought out the SC or VSC. Seems odd though, with patch 1.09 i had 2 consecutive races with a SC then the 3rd had a VSC

In online, a safety car only comes out if a someone spins (even then it rarely comes out). It never ever comes out if theres a crashed car on track/racing line. Hell, I have had races with 2/3 cars retiring in one incident multiple times and not even the VSC came out. 

I have had multiple instances of cars crashing out on the quick left/right at the start of the 3rd sector in Australia and pretty much everywhere in Baku (especially in the castle section) and in Monaco (in Tabac) and the SC didnt even come out.

I think the game should be able to detect if theres a car on the racing line, SC needs to come out.

The recent patch is out and nope Safety Car still hadn't come out, had 2 races in Canada and France, 2 lap one incidents, no Safety Car and not even response to car retirement either. Once again another failed patch from Codies.

toshey said:
1.12 has not fixed the sc.  Online is ok. Career mode is still broke.
online isnt ok, we just tested the sc yesterday in baku, most of the time it doesnt come out.
We did a lot of crashs to force it, but its not possible. At like 30 crashs who a SC had to come out for sure it only appears 2 times and another problem is that its completely random.

I dont get the system behind the SC, if there is one.