Sign in to follow this  

Bias

It helps you turn into a corner easier (in other words, decrease understeer, or make the car less tight) when you move it rearwards. It's because it decreases the brake pressure on the front brake discs.

Brake bias or brake balance regulates how much brake pressure each end of the car gets when you hit the brakes. When you hit the brakes, the weight distribution of the car changes: dynamic weight shifts forward, so in absolute terms you need more braking force at the front of the car. Too much front braking force, however, does not let the wheels rotate under braking and you lock up the front tyres, slide or understeer wide of the track. Too much rear bias has the opposite effect, it's too much for that unloaded rear axle and you lock up the rears, resulting in the rear-end wanting to break free, i. e. oversteering. GRID Autosport simplifies the system, in that the middle settings you face with initially is actually slightly forward, but that's OK if you take into account you always need more at the front. You still have to fine-tune it for it to work best for you.

In short, move brake bias rearward if you experience corner entry understeer, and move brake bias forward if you experience corner entry oversteer.

I'm surprised nobody helped you out so far and I'm beginning to wonder if Codies were right in having this whole setup thing in the game when this lot of players don't know these basic things about it. (I, for one, welcome it.)

In Grid Autosport, the front is the back, and vice versa

Dont know why............

Its a Codemasters game :smile: 

Saw in your signature line.  29 freezes.  Is that in an hour?  lol.

In Grid Autosport, the front is the back, and vice versa

Dont know why............

Its a Codemasters game :smile: 

I can confirm this is not the case, at least not on PC and with the Tomei/Cusco Impreza. (I choose a 4WD as a test car so as to avoid the driven axle-induced under- or oversteer influencing the test.) It may be different on other platforms or with other cars, if it's accidentally swapped on other cars.

You feel more braking force, if you push it 100 forward, so you can brake later - if you brake at the same point as 100 rearward, you end up scrubbing off more speed, so the end result is you can turn in quite early in this case as well, which is quite counter-intuitive, I must admit. But it's only prevalent if you have ABS on. ABS (I do hope everyone knows what it does) practically enables you to push the brake bias extremely forward, because you'll never lock up while, at the same time, you can benefit from the additional braking force at the front.

Its reversed on Xbox, when you move it to the Front -100 your rears will lock up with ABS off. Move it to the Rear +100 and your fronts lock up if you just look at the pedal with no ABS. I usually keep mine around -20 for every car since I don't run ABS. 

It is reversed on pc too.
Indeed, it is, ignore my previous post here. I must have left the ABS on for that test.

So, just to confirm it to the OP, it is reversed on PC as well, so basically swap the rearward and forward words in my initial advice until Codies don't fix the bug.

Let's notify @Loore, in case he doesn't know about it yet.