Sign in to follow this  

Standard of Racing

Why does no one, or very few people play hardcore in GRID 2 xbox 360 anymore????
I will tell you why..........Because of flashbacks, the majority of players cannot complete 1 lap of any track, without calling on a flashback. 

Will they ever learn the tracks? 
No, they dont need to....they have flashbacks.

A good game is a challenge.  Its satisfying to see that your getting better.  Driving smoother, getting faster lap times. 
The inclusion of flashbacks, reduces the challenge by giving an easy fix.   

I watched a video interview, of two of the guys on the team behind Autosport.  One of the guys says how with Autosport, they wanted to give you the experience of being in a race, you want it to be authentic (not sure thats the correct word, cant find the video again),but not clinical.  

How can we get an authentic racing experience with flashbacks in the game. When flashbacks are the reason people dont learn from their mistakes, and ultimately learn the track. 

If I keep crashing at the same corner, then I need to do something differently, brake earlier maybe?? lol.  Not just press Y and carry on sucking.  

Seriously Codemasters, please stop helping people to suck.  Encourage them to improve, by removing flashbacks.
Most of your xbox community cannot race, they dont know it though, but Im asking you to help them.   PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

totally agree, flashbacks change the nature of race and challenge online.
Okay into the single-player. Online are 3 things really annoying:

-1. Flashbacks, for the reasons above
-2. Tuning and car upgrade: completely destroy any try of a best time lap challenge and matching. (btw into grid2 best time laps was neither showed... so) 
-3. track cut penalties, really annoying and useless. Everyone can push you off-road and plus u got a penalty of a bunch of seconds into the middle of street as price.

if CM delete this no-sense, we will have a hope for a good online multiplayer, 
that is still muted because of lack of text chat and spectate mode.

Why  cant CM just make a racing game, with all the features of a "racing" game? 
How can you even consider defining it as a racing game with out these things?

Fastest laps.
Leaderboards for every track n class of vehicle.
Replays - that can be saved.  Otherwise whats the point. 
Somewhere to practise and test vehicles. 
No Flashbacks Online.  Not even NFS has these.
The option to kick and keep kicked, idiots. 
DLC that can be used regardless of who else has purchased it. 
Spectate Mode
Text Chat for the PC users.

CM would like to leave the 360 and PS3 with a bang....and make a great game, well go right ahead, make the greatest racing game the 360, PS3, and PC has seen.  Follow the points above and you will. Dissmiss them and you will just be accused of churning out another half arsed game, money first, and gamer satisfaction second.  

You really should forget about the casual gamers opinions, they will buy the game anyway. Your going to get their money, and they will have lost interest, while the rest of your loyal fans, stick around and even buy DLC, even when it cant be used like DLC on any other game.  

So what its to be CM?? Or should I just STFU and sit in my "Ultra Hardcore" custom lobby. 
%-(

RubyRuby said:
Oops.  Sorry.
????????????????????  Your clearly not what I meant by casual, if your still playing GRID 2, or other CM games, long after their release.  :)

there aew a quite a few casuals that use the assists you mention though I happen to be one of them but there are options to turn them off if you don't want them but you cwsan'rt force others to not use them just because you don't want to.

Which assists did I mention? I don't care,what assists you use? Assists don't allow a crap player to stay with the pack. I just don't want flashbacks. They stop people getting better. You crash, u flashback. What would you do with no flashback.?

RTAnoskills said:
Why does no one, or very few people play hardcore in GRID 2 xbox 360 anymore????
Because few people are playing GRID 2 at all any more.

I will tell you why..........Because of flashbacks, the majority of players cannot complete 1 lap of any track, without calling on a flashback.
In that case, the limited number of flashbacks they get in any one race isn’t really going to help them much anyway.

RTAnoskills said:

In that case, the limited number of flashbacks they get in any one race isn’t really going to help them much anyway.
There is something that usually happens from a mistake.  Especially if someone keeps on making the same mistake.   

Eventually they will have to learn from their mistake.  Something that pressing a button to correct a mistake, doesnt promote. 

CM wont be taking flashabacks out.  They know best.   They think the community wants flashbacks, but they dont understand that the flashback is the reason GRID 2 players are so damn bad at racing. 

If your on the side that wants flashbacks, then your on the side thats admitting they cannot race/drive without crashing. 

Do you crash constantly on an empty track? 
Dont you want to get better at a game your playing.  

When I spend money on a new game, Im not brilliant at that game straight away.  You gotta put the time in.  So when there is an easy fix, to crashing,  people dont need to put the time in, to better themselves. 

Car games - You dont want to crash
Shooting games - You dont want to be shot. 

What would you think of Battlefield, or CoD, or Warface etc  if you could get shot, and flashback? 

The idea of a flashback in a FPS,  is ridiculous.  
The idea of a flashback in a Racing game,  is even MORE ridiculous. 

As being one of the number one canon-feeders in BF I would have to reverse timewise in that game if flashbacks was available. :D

But you also can't keep punishing beginners, because if they keep crashing and constantly losing, they will eventually give up. And any way, as it keeps getting pointed out, you can just go into a custom lobby where you will find other people such as yourself, including myself, who want some good racing without flashbacks.

RTAnoskills said:

exactly the flashbacks aer limited anyway so they can only make mistakes a certain number of times anyway before the game eventually does punish tthem I do use them because I find them useful I don't use them a lot in the game but I find them helpful especially when like for moments whewn I out brake myself or have an oversteery moment and go into a spin

I should add though that a lot of FPSs's have checkpoint saves though you goimng to suggest they get rid of them too? Make people start from the beginning everytime they get shot essentially this is what flashbacks aer for so people don't have to go all the way back to the beginning again unless they want too

But you also can't keep punishing beginners, because if they keep crashing and constantly losing, they will eventually give up. And any way, as it keeps getting pointed out, you can just go into a custom lobby where you will find other people such as yourself, including myself, who want some good racing without flashbacks.
exactly which gets the game more sales in the long run if beginners feel they can compete in the qame and as they get better and more confident in the game they can raise the difficulty up if they wish. Nobody likes a game which frustrates them I happen to be one such person who doesn't  and I barely touch grid 1 these days because  of that reason I liked the idea of the career structure it had but I just found the difficulty levels too high

Maybe it has surprised Codemasters a bit to see how many actually showing a mere "hardcore" GRID interest?
To me it's VERY cool, and I hope they'll manage to

Get rid of flashback ONLINE
Introduce Pitstop (Endourance)
Introduce text chat (ALL) [-O<

exactly which gets the game more sales in the long run if beginners feel they can compete in the qame and as they get better and more confident in the game they can raise the difficulty up if they wish. Nobody likes a game which frustrates them I happen to be one such person who doesn't  and I barely touch grid 1 these days because  of that reason I liked the idea of the career structure it had but I just found the difficulty levels too high

I gave up on FIFA for a similar reason, I lost, my players got annoyed at losing and played worse, I lost more. Although my friends have told me they've improved the system in the latest ones.

I agree that the flashback system isn't perfect at the moment, and but we have already covered this in the other topic

I gave up on FIFA for a similar reason, I lost, my players got annoyed at losing and played worse, I lost more. Although my friends have told me they've improved the system in the latest ones.

I agree that the flashback system isn't perfect at the moment, and but we have already covered this in the other topic

The only 2 Fifa games I ever had trouble with were the 2002 one back on the PS2 and Fifa 08 the first to come out on PS3 the 08 was probably more down to the awkward control system though fortunately EA since then introduced a custom controls onto the games which corrected that issue at least for me.I can play pretty well on the Amateur/semi pro difficulties any higher I struggle though

It looks like that CM are doing the same thing with Grid Autosport based on what I've read too in the fact they've taken Grid 1's career type structure and made it more accessible for the novice player with moer assists which will I think really help the game

If you didn't make the mistake in the first place then you wouldn't need a flashback. Crashing and wrecking your car should make you remember where you wrecked, so next time, you can just ease up a little and not make that same mistake.

Giving up on a game because you lost... Saying that doesn't make your argument for flashbacks any more valid. Put some time and effort into the game. Figure out how not to lose. Don't just give up saying it's too hard.

It's not too hard. You are not good enough..... Yet.

Keep playing. You'll get better, it's what happens over time when you keep doing something. 

There is one thing I'd love to hear from a games company in response that......

Well thanks for buying the game, sorry you weren't good enough to play it. Bye.

Games should not be impossible, but they should be a challenge. Right now on Warface, I've not managed to complete a hardcore Co op mission. They are damn hard. But others have completed the mission. So it's me that's not good enough. Not the game is too hard. I must be doing something wrong. When I finally do get through a hardcore mission, it will feel like I've just achieved something. Even tho its only a game. Lol

That is precisely the reason to not have flashbacks. 

"If they keep crashing and constantly losing they will eventually give up"

They will either give up, or get better.  If they get better, then thats great, more people to race with.  If they have flashbacks, they will never get better, and continue to ruin other peoples racing.  

What exactly is wrong with just letting people giveup?   It takes time and effort to make a game, dont you think it takes time and effort to play these games well. 
at 
I dont want a game I put in for the 1st time and Im amazingly good at.  Id like to see that I could be good on a game,  if I work at it.  I want to be challenged, dont you?

They will either give up, or get better.  If they get better, then thats great, more people to race with.  If they have flashbacks, they will never get better, and continue to ruin other peoples racing.  

What exactly is wrong with just letting people giveup?   It takes time and effort to make a game, dont you think it takes time and effort to play these games well. 
at 
I dont want a game I put in for the 1st time and Im amazingly good at.  Id like to see that I could be good on a game,  if I work at it.  I want to be challenged, dont you?
Having people give up on your games isn't really a good idea, you want people to keep playing them and enjoy them. If people want a challenge, then theywont use flashbacks, but not everyone does want that. Which is why for those people, flashbacksare important.Iagree on the whole rammers thing, they should not be used for that, there should be no advantage in using them,but rather have them as less of a disadvantage than if you were to crash.

at 
Having people give up on your games isn't really a good idea, you ant people to keep playing them and enjoy them. If people want a challenge, then theywont use flashbacks, but not everyone does want that. Which is why for those people, flashbacksare important.Iagree on the whole rammers thing, they should not be used for that, there should be no advantage in using them,but rather have them as less of a disadvantage than if you were to crash.
Exactly that is the reason why the flashbacks are in the games for that reason Some like a tough hardcore experience some prefer an easier challenge that won't take so long to get to grips with CM make games to try to cater for both by having different difficulty levels and of course the option to turn flashbacks off if you want to. If you want to play without them fine but don't expect everybody to want to because CM don't they see the wisdom in including systems such as automatic gears and flashbacks and such for those that do prefer an easier experience. They want their games to cater for people of all capabilities or lack thereof

Sorry, but crashing is not acceptable to me.  It happens to me, I do crash.  But I think to myself, Why? How? Could I have avoided that?

Then next race or next lap I try not to crash.

There is one way to solve this dilemma over the flashbacks.  Just keep them out of online playlist.  Make them custom lobbies only. 

Im not ULTRA HARDCORE, if I was I wouldnt be playing a GRID game.  

I dont want to be confined to a custom lobby, racing only my friends.  I want to race people I dont know.  So I will be in online playlists.  If I have flashbacks, they WILL be used by the dark side of the force within me, mainly for revenge on discourteous drivers, who think they own the track and who have taken me out with their belief.  But it really depends on how the physics model handles impacts between cars.  But there will be "sweetspots".  There always is. 

Im not the only one. I am probably the only one who will admit it.  

If they are not in online playlists then the people who will cause the crashes, (because they didnt know there was a 1st turn on that track, or they thought that this track was the one that just went in a straight line for 5 mins)  can only do so at the 1st turn, maybe the 2nd, but by the time the pack has got to the 3rd corner, there is probably a race going on, and the people who caused crashes, are now safely 
at the back.  

At the back is where you belong, if you are the slowest car on the track. You drive well, you keep up.  Dont drive well and you will fall back.  Thats racing.  

But not driving well, and using a flashback, to keep you from falling back is just wrong.  GET BETTER. Tidy up your driving, stop sliding around. stop fishtailing all over the track. Drive smoothly, Hit the Apexes. 

If you cant, then keep trying untill you can. Follow a ghost on time attack. See for yourself where your slow, then follow the same route the ghost took.  Then sit back and feel chuffed, youve just set your best time. 

Repeat with a faster ghost, and before you know it, your a racer bro!

I dont expect everybody to want to play without them,  I just dont want them in a public online playlist.  

If you need a flashback, you should be in custom.  Not me, because I dont want them. 

Would you rather get through a pile up on the start grid, and look back to see the couple of idiots reversing out of the gravel that caused the pile up?  
Now at the back and out of your way, and every other "racers way"

Or 

Would you prefer to get caught in the pile up, hit your flashback, have the idiots hit their flashback, then go into the 1st turn with two idiots on you ass?  
Bang at the 1st turn.  Its ok, flashback......oh no, theyve got flashbacks too.  Damn it, 2nd turn, bang n flashback, 3rd turn bang n flashback, 4th turn bang n flashback, 5th turn, bang and flash.....oooohhhhh what now, wheres your flashbacks got you?  

None left, and where is 1st place???? about to lap you. 

The really annoying thing, in particular with GRID 2, Alot of the people who cause a crash, are doing so by accident, they are not just there to be dirty,  But after a year, they have not really improved,  Why not???? 

Cant they be bothered to try?  
Its just a game to them?  (it is to eveyone else btw LOL) 

The answer :  They dont have to try, just press flashback.  

Ive seen my friends 6yr old lad, playing mario kart on the Wii, online, and having a cleaner race than some adults seem to be able to manage on GRID 2.

Mario kart didnt have flashbacks,  
=))

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So true.  

It also didnt require an update, to display your best lap!

Oh how miss the days, when games were complete before they went on sale.