Sign in to follow this  

Standard of Racing

I dont expect everybody to want to play without them,  I just dont want them in a public online playlist.  

If you need a flashback, you should be in custom.  Not me, because I dont want them. 

Would you rather get through a pile up on the start grid, and look back to see the couple of idiots reversing out of the gravel that caused the pile up?  
Now at the back and out of your way, and every other "racers way"

Or 

Would you prefer to get caught in the pile up, hit your flashback, have the idiots hit their flashback, then go into the 1st turn with two idiots on you ass?  
Bang at the 1st turn.  Its ok, flashback......oh no, theyve got flashbacks too.  Damn it, 2nd turn, bang n flashback, 3rd turn bang n flashback, 4th turn bang n flashback, 5th turn, bang and flash.....oooohhhhh what now, wheres your flashbacks got you?  

None left, and where is 1st place???? about to lap you. 

The really annoying thing, in particular with GRID 2, Alot of the people who cause a crash, are doing so by accident, they are not just there to be dirty,  But after a year, they have not really improved,  Why not???? 

Cant they be bothered to try?  
Its just a game to them?  (it is to eveyone else btw LOL) 

The answer :  They dont have to try, just press flashback.  

Ive seen my friends 6yr old lad, playing mario kart on the Wii, online, and having a cleaner race than some adults seem to be able to manage on GRID 2.

Mario kart didnt have flashbacks,  
=))
well that's down to how CM run the online systems though not the game itself

I just want them kept out of online public playlists. In there, they do more harm than good. 

Or even better, we get 2 sides. One with flash backs and one without. Rammers stay in their pen, and we get clean racing.

RubyRuby said:
Oops.  Sorry.
????????????????????  Your clearly not what I meant by casual, if your still playing GRID 2, or other CM games, long after their release.  :)
Deleted my post because it didn't make any sense, seeing as how I was thinking GRID A and then realizing after I posted that you were talking about G2.  Since this is a mixed forum, game title in the thread title would be helpful.  Thanks.

If you don't like flashbacks then just don't use them or turn them off. And if there noobs again racing online then kick them out of the lobby, simple as that. Or make custom lobbies with the people you know, that they won't suck balls at the track, all the time.

TBH the only time I get rammy on one of CM's games is on F1 2013 and that's only because of the overaggressive AI on that game. I don't make a habit of it as I try to race cleanly and on most of the CM games I've been successful at doing that so just because I use flashbacks doesn't automatically make me a rammer. Fortunately given I don't play online the multiplayer part doesn't bother me too much

TBH the only time I get rammy on one of CM's games is on F1 2013 and that's only because of the overaggressive AI on that game. I don't make a habit of it as I try to race cleanly and on most of the CM games I've been successful at doing that so just because I use flashbacks doesn't automatically make me a rammer. Fortunately given I don't play online the multiplayer part doesn't bother me too much
Dude, career mode, its ok.  

We are discussing them being used online. 
:)

If you don't like flashbacks then just don't use them or turn them off. And if there noobs again racing online then kick them out of the lobby, simple as that. Or make custom lobbies with the people you know, that they won't suck balls at the track, all the time.
As Ive said, I dont want to only race in a custom lobby with my friends.  I like racing people I dont know. 

Why should I have to hide in a custom lobby with my friends?  
Why cant all the noobs go in a custom lobby with flashbacks? 

GRID 2 gives you less than 10secs to kick someone, and thats only if the lobby is not full. 

I dont expect everybody to want to play without them,  I just dont want them in a public online playlist.  

If you need a flashback, you should be in custom.  Not me, because I dont want them. 

Would you rather get through a pile up on the start grid, and look back to see the couple of idiots reversing out of the gravel that caused the pile up?  
Now at the back and out of your way, and every other "racers way"

Or 

Would you prefer to get caught in the pile up, hit your flashback, have the idiots hit their flashback, then go into the 1st turn with two idiots on you ass?  
Bang at the 1st turn.  Its ok, flashback......oh no, theyve got flashbacks too.  Damn it, 2nd turn, bang n flashback, 3rd turn bang n flashback, 4th turn bang n flashback, 5th turn, bang and flash.....oooohhhhh what now, wheres your flashbacks got you?  

None left, and where is 1st place???? about to lap you. 

The really annoying thing, in particular with GRID 2, Alot of the people who cause a crash, are doing so by accident, they are not just there to be dirty,  But after a year, they have not really improved,  Why not???? 

Cant they be bothered to try?  
Its just a game to them?  (it is to eveyone else btw LOL) 

The answer :  They dont have to try, just press flashback.  

Ive seen my friends 6yr old lad, playing mario kart on the Wii, online, and having a cleaner race than some adults seem to be able to manage on GRID 2.

Mario kart didnt have flashbacks,  
=))
Yes, I know the way it is used for rammers is annoying, but im saying that they arealso important to those who are inexperienced and may need help with the game. Let's see how GAS online is before you assume that it is the same. Hopeully with a more authenitc approach and a better handling model,we will get better racing. I think a lot of the contact in G2 was caused solely by the handling model, as some were trying to race properly, whilst others realised you could take every corner flat out and completely sideways

Codemasters, why not introduce a Gran Turismo style License tests, to allow people to play online. 

Overtaking test - teach how to do it properly, and where and when not to.
Braking test -     explain that there are brake markers, what they do, how to use them.
Lap time  -         make them get a certain lap time.  Doesnt have to world number 1, just a time that                                  means they can get around the track with out spinning off all over the place.

Race Test -        Be put into a race, and taught racing awareness, what a racing line is. 
Give them a situation where they are in a pack, and are on the inside of the race leader, 
side by side going towards a turn.  Show them whos on and off the racing line, and explain 
whoever is off the line, is going to back off and let the other take the turn, Show them that  
the crash that happens when they try and take the turn from the wrong position is their fault.

Then when all licenses have been obtained, the chances for a better and fairer online experience increase. 

BECAUSE IT'S NOT A SIM! It is a mixture of arcade and sim, meant for everyone and anyone to be able to pick up and play, yet still have depth. People don't want to have to sit through some stupid tutorial that they can't do! Not everyone has time to master a game!

Edit: I'm done with this argument

BECAUSE IT'S NOT A SIM! It is a mixture of arcade and sim, meant for everyone and anyone to be able to pick up and play, yet still have depth. People don't want to have to sit through some stupid tutorial that they can't do! Not everyone has time to master a game!

Edit: I'm done with this argument

No one said it is a sim!!!!!!!!!

I dont want a sim!

So because its a mix of arcade and sim, "meant for everyone and anyone", does that mean its ok to have the online experience filled with people new to racing? 

Pass a few simple tests then when they are capable of playing the game, at a reasonable level, they can access online. 

" People don't want to have to sit through some stupid tutorial that they can't do!"

people who can race and who want to race, dont want to be crashed by people who cant pass a simple test.  You wouldnt have to be super quick, just display that fact you know "how" to race.  

If you know how to race, I dont see why it would be a problem.  If you didnt know how to race, you would be shown what your supposed to do, and then given the chance to replicate the manouver.  Once you complete, next test.  

It may not be a sim game, put people still expect others to be able to race. 
If youve played GRID 2 on xbox 360, and your someone who can race properly, you'll understand when I say, there is not much racing going on in public playlists.

Like RTA said the casual gamers are going to buy the game on its looks, marketing, reviews, retail box cover etc, they are not going to buy or not buy the game based on whether flashbacks are included in online Public Playlists.

To those that can't "live without" flashback and would hate to go to pit:
Remember it should be up to the host if the race includes flashback, pitstop, game length etc.

As some really like flashbacks, others don't.
I just ask for the option to make both types of lobbies - with or without.
Don't just say "NO" to the options because you wouldn't like to get rid of it.
Instead think of a greater varity of lobbies = more easy to find exactly what YOU want.

Having the option for them to be on or off would be good, but having loads of different lobbies alongside the huge variety of custom lobbies means that it starts to thin the game out a little. I suppose it depends how the public lobby is split up as it is.

I personally don't like the way they are used in grid 2, but I play a lot of demolition derby anyway, so there are no flashbacks

:D

ChokDK said:
To those that can't "live without" flashback and would hate to go to pit:
Remember it should be up to the host if the race includes flashback, pitstop, game length etc.

As some really like flashbacks, others don't.
I just ask for the option to make both types of lobbies - with or without.
Don't just say "NO" to the options because you wouldn't like to get rid of it.
Instead think of a greater varity of lobbies = more easy to find exactly what YOU want.
TBH I think this is the only way to resolve the arguments really let the host of each race decied which assists to allow and which not to given it'll be their championship that that community will be racing in. If you dion't like racing withthose options then connect with one you do  like or set one up yourself.

The option for them to be on or off is already there in a custom lobby. I have no problem with them in custom or single player. Just don't want to see them in a public online lobby. :)

The option for them to be on or off is already there in a custom lobby. I have no problem with them in custom or single player. Just don't want to see them in a public online lobby. :)
if the hardcore playlist does not include flashbacks and its coll off and assists off its ok , i never mind for normal playlist then... [-(

Its not going to be collisions off, thats not racing. Thats hot lapping.  ;)

I know you can race with collisions off, but to call it a race, means there are other solid cars. its not really racing if you can just drive through another car.

But I do enjoy a collisions off lobby, for improving my laptimes, and line around the track. 
:)

I want 12 player races when I go online!!

Custom lobbys is a hit or miss getting a full lobby, even half a lobby if go online with GRID 2 in the evening in the US, last summer. Then add DLCs to the mix, good luck finding a custom host you could actually join. :(

The nice thing about playlist lobbys in GRID 2, the game tried to keep them full. A lot easier getting 10-12 player races. :) Since the community is divided on Flashbacks being online, Please give us a hardcore playlist with no flashbacks, damage on and collision forward to stop griefers from going backwards on the track.

Also throw in a good kick vote system like the one in Flatout 2 and text chat and we could be back to having some great racing online like we had with GRID 1. :)

Thats one reason I dont like custom lobbies .  Being told by someone at CM, that I can do what I want in a custom, is damn annoying.  

Just make your online experience like it was in GRID 1.  

@Loore

What about GRID1 multiplayer interface? Why was it decided to abandon it? 

From D2,  to improve racing quality, you gave power to hosts of custom lobbies. But you also created public lobbies where the rest of ppl would go. And by that you divided the community for the time.

In Grid1 all online players were on the same custom servers. There was not many options in creating custom lobby and it was great.