Sign in to follow this  

Consequences when driving too fast

I'd like to see more consequences when driving too fast. In Dirt rally when you drive jyrkysjärvi under 3 minutes its constant jump and landing nose first.
Also you can go way too much of track without it effecting handling in some cases.
Its very fun game at first, but when you begin to be faster it starts to feel like you are cheating your self.

It kind of feels like you roll a dice when your car jumps. If it didnt go well you dont need to take it slower next time.
I dont say that game should be hyper realistic, but there should be somekind of punishment for beating a car.

I feel like it already does break as you beat on it, definitely not as much as it would IRL, but it definitely doesn't slow you as much as it should. 

I have the feeling that car damage already happens, I noticed already very different damaging levels on the suspensions according to the car setup / track record : with too soft setup for instance you quickly damage the components.  Never heard the bump touching the bottom of the spring after a hard landing ? This can be particularly punishing/rewarding on long event (8 - 12 tracks / two long tracks between repairs). 

As we heard, Codemasters is working on aerodynamic the jumping physics etc. so it should allow to have a little bit smoother landing than for example in Finland from first DiRT Rally. It was completely unrealistic in first DiRT Rally because you got many bumps on the straight where in real life you didn't have these bumps and the next thing is that the car takes too much damage, you should be able to drive your 100% being confident and without crashing have a ok car, in DiRT Rally you can't go even your own 100% you need to go 50% to safe the car because it will have too much damage where the real drivers will just slow before the jump a little and still have a good landing and a safe car except mechanical issues which also can happen. That's the only thing which need to be changed.