Sign in to follow this  

New structure at CM ?

hola said:
T4RG4 said:
Something that did become apparent over the series were how problematic some of the issues were, just how deep they went. That's something they are actively trying to rectify with the upcoming game and I sincerely hope it works out as planned.
...there I was thinking you CM were making the new F1 game from the scratch in order to rectifying, precisely, this  persistent clusterf*** you guys farted when modifying an engine that insubstantial and lacking in the most basic department about physics and feedback, such as ego.

Evolution Studios developed annual brand new engines, one for each entry of their WRC series. All of them ended up being practically pristine when It came to finding bugs. Needless speak about their unbeatable graphical quality, combined with also excellent physics and 60FPS rate (on a PS2). Now tell me programming for PS2 wasn't that hard, or that you can't compare resources/teams/money, or that times have changed, or whatever. Make my day Steve.
Oh wow, here you are admitting they may well be using an engine that is not up to the task, hardly news that one.  Do you really expect him or any other employee with their job on the line to say otherwise, effectively bagging the franchise?  Yes some individuals do it, but you are a fool to expect it and he could be sued for doing it.  Once again you don't know his or their situation compared to Evolution Studios.  One can only facepalm so hard before it begins to hurt.
One can only facepalm at how much you seem to know about people you've never met and what knowledge or skills they have.

Oh it's Friday as well, so you get the next two days off school to harrass the internet with your oh so clever arrogance and clairvoyance.

Thanks, BobbyDeacs, and a very good rant from you.

I find it rather amusing that we should keep our particulars to what is possibly behind the myriad of petty detail indulged in, in posts all around ours.

It is not some simplistic comment for me to say that profit is the one individual to blame, to go further is to enter pure conjecture, all guesswork.
It's a bit like saying a person is angry, or jealous, or hateful. etc., etc., when all one has to say is that, that person is fearful, because behind nearly all of our emotional manifestations lies fear.

A human trait is to blame a person, why ? because they can inflict something which will return a certain sense of satisfaction. A bus mows down the queue of people waiting at the bus stop, it was caused because the brakes suddenly failed. They suddenly failed through metal fatigue. The people will blame the bus driver, they need to blame the bus driver, they cannot get a response from a piece of metal fatigue . . .and we are so conditioned even the bus driver will blame himself.

Profit is an equally inanimate, dead, object, but it touches and affects the lives and actions of all involved at Codemasters. Like fear, it is the root cause behind the problems, but if a human sacrifice is required look no further than the main shareholder . . .

Just going away is present enough :). Ok that's not a fair comment as I did not buy it. You guys did and I feel your pain.
Ladies and gentlemen, here we have what is called a person who jumps on a bandwaggon. Please @SpecOps1UK‌ you cant complain about the game if YOU havent played it, that is just sad. Who knows maybe if you play it you might actually like it, instead of listening to people who sook and whinge about the smallest little bug. 
Complain about what? I did not BUY the game but I have had a chance to PLAY the game and I'm still right in my decision not to purchase it. You dear boy are not up to speed here. I'm not about the bugs and glitches the game has. I'm about the features the series has dropped and their reasons for doing so as explained by those who make the game. Same page now?

I find it rather amusing that we should keep our particulars to what is possibly behind the myriad of petty detail indulged in, in posts all around ours.

It is not some simplistic comment for me to say that profit is the one individual to blame, to go further is to enter pure conjecture, all guesswork.
It's a bit like saying a person is angry, or jealous, or hateful. etc., etc., when all one has to say is that, that person is fearful, because behind nearly all of our emotional manifestations lies fear.

A human trait is to blame a person, why ? because they can inflict something which will return a certain sense of satisfaction. A bus mows down the queue of people waiting at the bus stop, it was caused because the brakes suddenly failed. They suddenly failed through metal fatigue. The people will blame the bus driver, they need to blame the bus driver, they cannot get a response from a piece of metal fatigue . . .and we are so conditioned even the bus driver will blame himself.

Profit is an equally inanimate, dead, object, but it touches and affects the lives and actions of all involved at Codemasters. Like fear, it is the root cause behind the problems, but if a human sacrifice is required look no further than the main shareholder . . .
Bad analogy there mate. People would blame the bus company for poor maintenance.

Bad analogy there mate. People would blame the bus company for poor maintenance.
Usually, blame is often attributed where there is no, or only an obscure and/or confused, reason present.
Metal fatigue could not be discovered by any maintenance team unless they ran a stress test on every piece of metal involved at every service, and your reply has actually proved my point . . .you went looking for a human to blame rather than see the point I was making, namely, that a situation can exist where a human cannot be rightly blamed but the average person will do his very best to find one.

I used the analogy of metal fatigue because I expected people to miss my point by trying to find the fault in just that statement. In truth metal fatigue will only manifest when it is too late because it would be unreasonable to strip a unit down to its component parts over and over again without first having a very good reason for so doing.

TheHemps said:

hola said:
T4RG4 said:
Something that did become apparent over the series were how problematic some of the issues were, just how deep they went. That's something they are actively trying to rectify with the upcoming game and I sincerely hope it works out as planned.
...there I was thinking you CM were making the new F1 game from the scratch in order to rectifying, precisely, this  persistent clusterf*** you guys farted when modifying an engine that insubstantial and lacking in the most basic department about physics and feedback, such as ego.

Evolution Studios developed annual brand new engines, one for each entry of their WRC series. All of them ended up being practically pristine when It came to finding bugs. Needless speak about their unbeatable graphical quality, combined with also excellent physics and 60FPS rate (on a PS2). Now tell me programming for PS2 wasn't that hard, or that you can't compare resources/teams/money, or that times have changed, or whatever. Make my day Steve.
Oh wow, here you are admitting they may well be using an engine that is not up to the task, hardly news that one.  Do you really expect him or any other employee with their job on the line to say otherwise, effectively bagging the franchise?  Yes some individuals do it, but you are a fool to expect it and he could be sued for doing it.  Once again you don't know his or their situation compared to Evolution Studios.  One can only facepalm so hard before it begins to hurt.
One can only facepalm at how much you seem to know about people you've never met and what knowledge or skills they have.

Oh it's Friday as well, so you get the next two days off school to harrass the internet with your oh so clever arrogance and clairvoyance.
Assuming you know all about others appears to be your occupation, you should check your previous posts here, quite clear. I just came back after all this time for a laugh, what a surprise to see such a response. Didn't need to be a clairvoyant to guess you'd double down on the stupid.

TheHemps said:
TheHemps said:
hola said:
TheHemps said:
He had years to get it right and all he does is blame the technology available [u]and the staff under him[/u]. Bit cowardly if you ask me.
It is a poor shepherd that blames his flock
Only a fool would presume those statements to be true.  Many a battle has been lost despite good leadership.  I have no idea of the inner workings of this project, but having read these forums over the years and having bought each game except for the last one, I feel for those working on it.  I do not know who is to blame for the issues and neither do you.
Yeah I do. The people making the game. And the people above them have to take responsibility.

Catch up. World's only worked like that for oooooohh, 500 years.
Oh my oh my. You know who is to blame do you?  It would seem you and many others blame one person, yet I seriously doubt you know the limitations of the project, such as budget, the engine, upper, middle and lower management, ownership etc. Yet here you are casting a blanket over all who are involved.  You said "he had years", yet I do not for a second believe you know what is truly involved, nor do I believe you know what restrictions he faced, whether it be game engine, budget, employees or his own ability.

Then you say "The people making the game. And the people above them have to take responsibility", so Steve fits where exactly, makng the game or above those making the game.  Bit odd, though not surprising since you seem to be all over the place on this one.  So how much exactly is Steve's fault since you KNOW?

Common sense has worked for more than 500 years...as you say, catch up.
Edited. 

Realised that the original post I made went against my policy of not  arguing with  cretins on the internet.

So much fail in one post it nearly blew up my PC.
Unless you work for CM in this department, or via another way have a working knowledge of the workings of CM and this game franchise, I don't see how anyone could be other than embarrassed for you.  In addition, you seem to feel the 500 years reference is fail hey? To those with more than a room temperature IQ , "TheHemps" could be referenced as a working example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.