Sign in to follow this  

Can't Connect to Server

After downloading the game, I get a couple of Can't Connect to Server Errors, then it tries to load. The bar gets near the end, then stops and sits there forever. Eventually an Error screen pops up saying a connection with the servers cannot be established. Error #gsto. I tap ok and immediately get "A network error has occurred" screen. Tap reconnect, wait. It just spins forever until I force close the app. Any ideas?

iPhone X with iOS12 if that helps troubleshoot it. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app, no difference. Tried different WiFi networks and cellular, no go. 

ye i've done the exact same steps.
what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

RC986S said:
After downloading the game, I get a couple of Can't Connect to Server Errors, then it tries to load. The bar gets near the end, then stops and sits there forever. Eventually an Error screen pops up saying a connection with the servers cannot be established. Error #gsto. I tap ok and immediately get "A network error has occurred" screen. Tap reconnect, wait. It just spins forever until I force close the app. Any ideas?
Same problem with me. I’m in Brazil.

Hey there, thanks for the feedback :) the connection quality of the game obviously depends a lot on your device’s internet/WiFi connection. However, we are constantly making improvements to the consistency and quality of connection times for players, so you can expect to see steps forward in this area imminently. Thanks again!

The bugs I met included:
1. Server connection problem every booting of the game and it just asked to enable wifi and to disable airplane. But other game is perfect here for online game, e.g. Real Racing 3 was performing perfectly here. (It has just happened hours ago until now)

2. too many times (>30% occurrences of sudden locked up during track loading or during opponent waiting before the race started) It automatically deducted my points earned. Why didn't you software guides backup the original data and should easily recover the stored data the player earned hardly? It is frustrating to everyone especially as a software engineering and project professional. 

3. I have tested with parametric data that it is not the link quality problems. Comparative information showing that other toughest games were performing normally in same environment. Then what is the problem? If it is a server problem without sufficient IV&V (independent verification and validation), do it. Don't crash your client base.

4. If it is the server problem at your side, verify and fix it, pls. 

5. A better test plan before s/w launching is really needed as a world class company as Codemasters. 

regards

And i am apparently done with playing. Everything works, internet, YouTube, other games, but this app is in it’s own universe...

It is interesting that there is a challenge of winning 1 Grid Start duel(s) without touching the opponent. But you will never find a grid race since league 7 or less. It also means that we cannot remove this challenge in the slot, and do waste 1 of the slots thereafter. There is no refresh button too although the other challenge slots just have this refresh button ridiculously. Should you fix it or just let it be?

Same error any solution?
I'm unable to play the game!
Very frustrated 

As the same, matchmaking error! The game doesn't start!