Jump to content Jump to content

Bernie's dream came true.

With the whole idea of having a grid with 2 separate classes.

This pad v wheel thing is a catastrophic oversight.

First league race of the season last night. (We started late because we were waiting for a patch. How dumb are we?) First stint, myself and our double champion doing 1:30's. A guy on the pad doing 1:28's.
A double champion going 2 seconds slower when he's been 2 seconds faster in all games previous.

Its sick man. A shocking way to program a game.

I'm on the verge of giving up on a league I've been with for 5 years now, thats how bad it is.

Screw you Codies. And screw you Steve Hood for releasing a broken game then jumping ship when the time came to be held accountable.

You are a coward, and I'll be making sure to keep track of where you go next so I can safely avoid them.

Seems to me the best all around solution is to setup a PC only league that doesn't allow console type controllers!  I myself use a Thrustmaster joystick because I'm not physically able to use a wheel/pedals controller, and can't drive worth a s__t using my thumb to steer!  But I have no idea if it provides an unfair advantage.  I wouldn't think so, but no matter cause you can't blame CM for making it possible to use a wide variety of controller types...they have no choice if they want to stay marketable.  It's up to the users and their leagues to figure out any needed handicap adjustments and rules that either deny access or make adjustments for these advantages! 

Ban pads, simple as, if those are times round Australia by the way thats not really that fast.
They are the best times from the first stint. Only 2 seconds slower than qualy. Well, 2 seconds slower for the pad. 4 for the wheel.

You show me you doing a 1:28 on the 3rd lap with a wheel if it's not that fast. Thats on a 100% race by the way. None of this 50% kiddy stuff.
FFOman said:

Seems to me the best all around solution is to setup a PC only league that doesn't allow console type controllers!  I myself use a Thrustmaster joystick because I'm not physically able to use a wheel/pedals controller, and can't drive worth a s__t using my thumb to steer!  But I have no idea if it provides an unfair advantage.  I wouldn't think so, but no matter cause you can't blame CM for making it possible to use a wide variety of controller types...they have no choice if they want to stay marketable.  It's up to the users and their leagues to figure out any needed handicap adjustments and rules that either deny access or make adjustments for these advantages! 

the previous versions of this game have not had this issue with the pad being seconds faster a lap than the wheel. That's the issue now, not the fact that some use a pad and some a wheel. We have had a mixed grid like that since the start of our league 5 seasons ago, and the wheel users have always been able to race at the same pace as the pad users.
TheHemps said:
Ban pads, simple as, if those are times round Australia by the way thats not really that fast.
They are the best times from the first stint. Only 2 seconds slower than qualy. Well, 2 seconds slower for the pad. 4 for the wheel.

You show me you doing a 1:28 on the 3rd lap with a wheel if it's not that fast. Thats on a 100% race by the way. None of this 50% kiddy stuff.
If its in the race that's fairly fast, I don't do 50% races only 100% and the second lap is in the 28s, quali is low 25s, just ban pads and be done with it.
TheHemps said:

If its in the race that's fairly fast, I don't do 50% races only 100% and the second lap is in the 28s, quali is low 25s, just ban pads and be done with it.
Not an option  I'm afraid. 

1. We'd lose half the league and some guys that have been round a long time and: 2. I'm not sure how RaceDepartment, the site that hosts our league would feel about us marginalising people. Actually I think they'd be dead against it.

Do you race in a league that has banned pads? I went on to AOR this afternoon and they also allow pads.  I was planning to sign up there if they were wheel only but they're not. 

I don't think there is a competitive league out there that has a pad only or  wheel only league.  The wheel users at AOR are frustrated and disheartened with the state of the game... and not just for the pad/wheel issue, but the online connection issues as well.