German Co-Driver

Hi there!

I've seen that Phil Mills and Stephané Prévot made audio recordings for Dirt Rally 2.0. 

So who will be the german co-pilot?
Would be nice to hear Christian Geistdörfer :-)

I heard the voice of Tanja Geilhausen in some pre-release videos yesterday. Unfortunately, to me she sounded a bit lifeless and dispassionate, especially before and after the drive. Maybe a good voice actor would be a better choice than a real co-driver in some cases. I hope there will be more German voices added in the future.

1 hour ago, Laserjones said:

I heard the voice of Tanja Geilhausen in some pre-release videos yesterday. Unfortunately, to me she sounded a bit lifeless and dispassionate, especially before and after the drive. Maybe a good voice actor would be a better choice than a real co-driver in some cases. I hope there will be more German voices added in the future.

Well, she isn't a voice actor. Voice actors are pretty bad at reading pace notes, especially when they're translated by people who don't know anything about rallying either.

• Agree 1

Of course, like any actor, a voice actor would have to be trained for the role and know what it's all about. A real co-driver who is good in voice acting would be the best solution, of course. In this case, you simply hear that she's not really in the situation she's talking about when she says things like "We should check the tires".

I'll be getting the german version as well but I'd love to hear Phil Mills' pace notes, so my question is, can I change the language in-game and have Phil Mills as co-pilot or would that only change the menu language? 

Edited by richieI

1 hour ago, richie said:

I'll be getting the german version as well but I'd love to hear Phil Mills' pace notes, so my question is, can I change the language in-game and have Phil Mills as co-pilot or would that only change the menu language? 

Yes, fortunately that's possible, as seen in a video by a German guy who also did not like the German voice and switched to Phil, while the menus remained German.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Laserjones said:

Yes, fortunately that's possible, as seen in a video by a German guy who also did not like the German voice and switched to Phil, while the menus remained German.

Awesome. I wouldn't mind having everything in english tbf. but I guess I'll find out soon ^^  Thanks for your reply btw 👍