Sign in to follow this  

Patch Notes for 1.13 AND 1.14 – Discussion Thread

So why would anyone want to disable to the tire carcass feature?! Please!!!!
  • Added option to disable tyre carcass temperature - The Tyre Temperature option can be found in Gameplay Settings and there are two choices. Surface & Carcass (Simulation) which is the setting that 2018 has used up to this point and the alternative Surface Only option.

Faya said:
Hi @Jockel90, thanks for posting. Let me poke the team about the sportmanship/showmanship flips.   

You will understand that he says he has very little education when responding to some users and ignoring others. Hopefully (I'm sure so) that the new patch is a disaster and I'll come to laugh at the new failures.

• Added option to disable tyre carcass temperature - The Tyre Temperature option can be found in Gameplay Settings and there are two choices. Surface & Carcass (Simulation) which is the setting that 2018 has used up to this point and the alternative Surface Only option.
because of this https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138658/impossible-to-keep-up-with-the-ai-race-pace-solely-due-to-high-tyre-inner-carcass-temperatures#latest

Because people have complained about the tyre temps at certain tracks such as Singapore I think I remember seeing and they can't keep their temps down. It's just another way to make things easier for those that want it. Doesn't bother me as I don't play on that high a difficulty but for those that prefer a more sim like experience it might affect them. So I can se why CM have introduced this into the game.

So the poor people get to cheat and turn off tyre temps. Congratulations another win for the busted arses! 
Nevertheless I do believe that was the best Solution by Codemasters for this problem. I do assume when joining a non ranked lobby I will be able to see if the Tyre temp is on or off prior to joining. I also assume that online Ranked lobbies will remain as is with tyre temps on? Or will we have a separate online
 ranked lobby for all the poor people who can't and/or refuse to buy a wheel and play the game the way it was intended?

Regarding this
  • Fixed an issue where online stats would fail to update correctly – If your stats fail to update after this patch, please let me know in the Discussion thread, please be sure to include the platform you are on and which stats are not updating
I played one 25% race where I qualified 8th, finished 5th and had the fastest lap. After restarting the game the player stats field finally does not show all zeroes - it's updated with my one race post patch. So I have 1 race entered, 1 fastest lap, 0 wins, 0 podiums, 0 pole positions. Meanwhile the milestone progression numbers below are still correct. I am silver level 20 now, so I must have completed at least 30-40 online races. What happens to my pre patch results? Are they going to be reflected in the player comparison stats? Or  have they been reset? We start from zero now? (Which is still way better than stats not working at all...)
Platform: PC

Ah yes, the sportsmanship / showmanship are flipped now. Of course! Just another mole in the whack-a-mole game! I am getting so tired of this...... I just want to play the game. There should not be any gameplay bugs. Only graphics- and sound bugs and rare desktop crashes. See, I, as a customer, am not asking for perfection, but I don't think it is going well either.

Very nicely done Codies team! Will very much look forward to this patch! Thanks for looking into things so well.

Only thing in career not heard now is the slow puncture AI if that is an issue still or need more help on?

ZenRazo said:
So the poor people get to cheat and turn off tyre temps. Congratulations another win for the busted arses! 
Nevertheless I do believe that was the best Solution by Codemasters for this problem. I do assume when joining a non ranked lobby I will be able to see if the Tyre temp is on or off prior to joining. I also assume that online Ranked lobbies will remain as is with tyre temps on? Or will we have a separate online
 ranked lobby for all the poor people who can't and/or refuse to buy a wheel and play the game the way it was intended?
I hope you’re right Zen and it’s clear for all to see who is taking the pussy option and who is a fair dinkum racer! I didn’t buy this years game because I wanted an arcade racer like Need for Speed but only with F1 cars FFS! I want a sim and want to race against other people who want realism not people who want to turn on every fake option they can find just so they can feel good about their fake laptimes. Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority
Left wing wins again???

WHERE’S OUR REPLAY OPTION CODEMASTERS?!?!

ZenRazo said:
In singleplayer, wont affect you. In multiplayer, its a lobby setting. If its on, everyone will be under the same conditions...

I just sense, the tyre temperature slider is just a workaround to what they destroyed since 1.10 in that regard. Everything was fine until that, nobody reported struggling tyre temperature´s and from what they say in the patch notes, they had been using that system since the game launched.

Why on earth, 10 patches later, people start having problems on the pad with it, and why now we need an option to make it controllable for them is beyond me. We were all using the same system of tyre temperature for nine patches, nobody had problems. They did something that destroyed it with the 1.10 patch, and they can´t spot it, and this is the best workaround possible for them i guess.

@Faya 

Could we at least get confirmation that the issue with the specators not being able to see cars crashing is going to be on the list of things to be fixed? That's all I'm really concerned about right now.

Gussie said:
ZenRazo said:
I hope you’re right Zen and it’s clear for all to see who is taking the **** option and who is a fair dinkum racer! I didn’t buy this years game because I wanted an arcade racer like Need for Speed but only with F1 cars FFS! I want a sim and want to race against other people who want realism not people who want to turn on every fake option they can find just so they can feel good about their fake laptimes. Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority
Left wing wins again???

You will have the option in lobby settings to keep this as it original is.

Nothing to do with making us "feel good", but for those of us racing against AI in career for Monaco & Singapore -most are finding that AI Pace does not drop off at all where as we suffer up to 3 seconds pace lost per lap.

I don't think it's people wanting an additional assist to beat others online or "cheat" I think most (including myself) are affected as career players.

So now in ranked lobbys you got players using a extra arcade assit vs players using simulation, thats gonna level up the playing field,
look forward to reading the happy replays in that thread,

Where's the Cockpit Option online for Simulation Racers ?.

What the heck is wrong with people? This game, while some desire it to be a full fledged sim, could not survive if that was the only market it catered too. It needs to work for people with little experience, and for people with years of experience if it is to sell enough to fund the development of the next product.

For that reason, the on-off option for the tire temps issue is absolutely necessary. Personally, I've been playing since F1 2013, and only really struggle with it in Monaco, Hungary, and Singapore, and it isn't an issue elsewhere and I am perfectly competitive with 107 AI. But new players perhaps will struggle at many tracks, and may not enjoy the game. I know there are some narrow-minded folks who won't don't give a flying duck about these people, but at the end of the day, if mass sales tank for this game, we all suffer.

Maybe FOM needs to look into the development of the games and see if there is a studio better suited (perhaps big enough to write off losses if the game isn't as good in sales), but at the current time, Codemasters has the license, and will do the job that they are doing for the foreseeable future. They can't survive if their biggest franchise, that is the F1 series, no longer appeals to players who aren't as intense as sim drivers. Personally, I think Codemasters walks this line pretty well, giving options (like this new one) to improve playability for less experienced drivers, while not compromising it for more hardcore racers. If you (hardcore sim folks) don't think so, fine, that's your opinion, but you can't tell others to "buy a wheel" or "learn to drive", especially when improving the game for them with things like the on/off option doesn't make the game worse for you anyway.

I agree with you and hope for the next year more sim challenge for hardcore simmers but leaving the options to semplify the game for the players that are less experienced and confident with this kind of sim.

OMG they addressed and fixed so many things, I can't wait to play now. I hope it all really works!!!

Gussie said:
ZenRazo said:
I hope you’re right Zen and it’s clear for all to see who is taking the **** option and who is a fair dinkum racer! I didn’t buy this years game because I wanted an arcade racer like Need for Speed but only with F1 cars FFS! I want a sim and want to race against other people who want realism not people who want to turn on every fake option they can find just so they can feel good about their fake laptimes. Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority
Left wing wins again???

You will have the option in lobby settings to keep this as it original is.

Nothing to do with making us "feel good", but for those of us racing against AI in career for Monaco & Singapore -most are finding that AI Pace does not drop off at all where as we suffer up to 3 seconds pace lost per lap.

I don't think it's people wanting an additional assist to beat others online or "cheat" I think most (including myself) are affected as career players.
My issues were completely with career mode. It fascinates me that when struggling players are given more options that players who are content with things the way they were act like their dog was just shot when the options are implemented. Just keep playing in lobbies with the carcass system on if you love it so much. Play single player that way if you like it. There's absolutely no reason to force EVERYONE to have to play that way.

RIP Ranked Lobbies