Sign in to follow this  

Patch Notes for 1.13 AND 1.14 – Discussion Thread

@Faya

Thank you Codemasters for the effort you are putting in the game!
I finally feel now, as if the game is complete. The game should have been released like this in the first place, but whatever, I'm happy you guys still developed further and fixed everything.
There is still one bug I would say you should look into: the D3D-bug. It mostly happens without reason, when loading from one session into another. It is a very irritating bug which causes a lot of chaos during a league race.
I would also ask you to please improve the online experience just a little bit more, mainly the player interactions.

But great work there, keep it up and stay motivated!

Zachrulez said:
My issues were completely with career mode. It fascinates me that when struggling players are given more options that players who are content with things the way they were act like their dog was just shot when the options are implemented. Just keep playing in lobbies with the carcass system on if you love it so much. Play single player that way if you like it. There's absolutely no reason to force EVERYONE to have to play that way.
This a thousand times over! I should copy and paste this when other people moan.

Wheel users Online: Nothing has changed for you, just go into lobbies with carcass temps on
Wheel users offline: Nothing has changed for you. play single player as you wish
Pad users online: You can now find lobbies with it off to play Monaco, Singapore and the other tracks with the bug
Pad users offline: You can now avoid the bug affecting the tracks in question and keep enjoying career mode
Those who never noticed any issues: No change, as you were

@Faya
I played a ranked multi 25% race several times.
Various large and small accidents occurred, but SC never occurred.

@Faya
Does this include the VSC as well?
"Increased frequency of safety car deployment for multiplayer."

saukisu said:
@Faya
In ranked lobbys safety car is off

ZenRazo said:
So the poor people get to cheat and turn off tyre temps. Congratulations another win for the busted arses! 
Nevertheless I do believe that was the best Solution by Codemasters for this problem. I do assume when joining a non ranked lobby I will be able to see if the Tyre temp is on or off prior to joining. I also assume that online Ranked lobbies will remain as is with tyre temps on? Or will we have a separate online
 ranked lobby for all the poor people who can't and/or refuse to buy a wheel and play the game the way it was intended?
No it just means you wont be able to take advantage of the disadvantaged play who sufferd with it on the extreme circuits its only the twisty circuits it was an issue on other tracks its managable and something I enjoy doing but then the twisty ones like hungary singapore brazil monaco were just extreme not realistic at all 2 3 hot laps and tyres were done having to pit with 10 percent tyre wear which was a joke im an bit disappointed the have just added an on of switch would prefere if the jusg took longer to heat up onceget past an ceratain temp I like the challenge but them tracks it was extreme on wax just totaly unrealistic and inpossible to manage 

@faya , for those using simulation carcass temps, have the AI been rebalanced to suffer the same issue, or do we still have to reduce AI by circa 20 points between qualifying and the race? There were some who wanted to use the feature but just not have to change the AI to accommodate it. 

massa88 said:
saukisu said:
@Faya
In ranked lobbys safety car is off
@@massa88
THX.  I did not notice.

Well, what I wanted to be fixed hasn't been fixed just yet...
I already posted this before, but these updates haven't changed a single thing regarding my problem:

I'm having these small lag spikes / freezes from time to time...

Motherboard: Asus Z97-C
CPU: Intel i5 4690k 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9
GPU: NVidia Geforce MSI Gaming GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M
Storage 1: SSD Samsung 850 PRO 256GB <- OS is installed here
Storage 2: HDD Western Digital Black 1TB
Storage 3: SSD 2.5" Western Digital Blue 1TB 3D NAND SATA <- F1 2018 is installed here
Gaming Wheel: Logitech G920

Started having these problems with the patch 1.07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1bqvKnsm_Y&t=6m07s 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1bqvKnsm_Y&t=6m28s

Sometimes it's 0.5 seconds but can go to 1 or even 2 seconds. This is ridiculous to drive like this, especially on braking points or making turns.

I think it's been a good compromise by Codies to give the option to turn the carcass tempts off for those that want it that way. Personally I will stick with having it on and the league I race in will keep it on as well but if there are others that are really struggling with the temps and are unable to adjust their style to alleviate it then it's a reasonable move to allow this. Codies need all of us to enjoy the game, those that want more realism and those that just want to race flat out 100% of the time and if this serves to fulfill that then I can't see the problem with it.

I think it's been a good compromise by Codies to give the option to turn the carcass tempts off for those that want it that way. Personally I will stick with having it on and the league I race in will keep it on as well but if there are others that are really struggling with the temps and are unable to adjust their style to alleviate it then it's a reasonable move to allow this. Codies need all of us to enjoy the game, those that want more realism and those that just want to race flat out 100% of the time and if this serves to fulfill that then I can't see the problem with it.
While your comment is fair in tone, it shows you are still missing the point. There are 4 tracks where it is IMPOSSIBLE to race with a pad regardless of setup or style, you will lose 3 seconds a lap as soon as you hit lap 5.

This was not about people using time trial setups or wanting to race flat out but rather the input equipment, pad versus wheel. I used both on Monaco and Singapore with identical setup and car on career mode and was fine with may mates G29 but overheated the tyres on the Dualshock. It is a bug or input error problem not peoples styles.

The spray effects of the f1 2018 cars, are still very poor and without correct size of the height and width of the spray emissions from the wheels back as they were in the previous ones. They could improve this and leave more realistic.

Grasher said:
Well, what I wanted to be fixed hasn't been fixed just yet...
I already posted this before, but these updates haven't changed a single thing regarding my problem:

Motherboard: Asus Z97-C
CPU: Intel i5 4690k 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9
GPU: NVidia Geforce MSI Gaming GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M
Storage 1: SSD Samsung 850 PRO 256GB <- OS is installed here
Storage 2: HDD Western Digital Black 1TB
Storage 3: SSD 2.5" Western Digital Blue 1TB 3D NAND SATA <- F1 2018 is installed here
Gaming Wheel: Logitech G920

Sometimes it's 0.5 seconds but can go to 1 or even 2 seconds. This is ridiculous to drive like this, especially on braking points or making turns.
I did not have those issues before latest patch, but now it´s all over the place... 

Nastra100 said:
While your comment is fair in tone, it shows you are still missing the point. There are 4 tracks where it is IMPOSSIBLE to race with a pad regardless of setup or style, you will lose 3 seconds a lap as soon as you hit lap 5.

This was not about people using time trial setups or wanting to race flat out but rather the input equipment, pad versus wheel. I used both on Monaco and Singapore with identical setup and car on career mode and was fine with may mates G29 but overheated the tyres on the Dualshock. It is a bug or input error problem not peoples styles.

I spent about 2 hours at the weekend trialling different setups for Monaco doing a grand prix weekend.

I think I managed to get to about lap 10/11 before the tyre temps went really high which is easily my best attempt so far - using same A.I level I normally do and driving consistently.

However when I used this setup in career mode during practice session I got to that dreaded lap 5 mark again where tyre temps hit 106 degrees on the front left so I struggled to replicate what I did from the grand prix weekend session.

Oh well at least we've got the option now of switching this off.

So what circuits do we have this on?

For me, Monaco and Singapore definitely - this as a BUG IMO

I've encountered it at Brazil, Suzuka and Baku (and a couple others I can't remember) and get away with 0.5 - 1.0 second loss, which shows it works as it should (before people moan at me).

People mention Hungary, which I can not remember how I got on with in my 1st season career mode. Would you say it goes in to the "bug" category or works as it should?

I'm just wondering what circuits you/we could definitely say is bug related rather than just outright blaming the whole carcass temp feature (constructive criticism)  ;) 

@Faya
Do you have ANY news on the R&D career upgrade bug? You know the one that lets you drive around in a stock car after changing season/teams while everyone else has the upgrades correctly applied to their cars, so the AI can drive circles around you.

DrStrix said:
Grasher said:

I did not have those issues before latest patch, but now it´s all over the place... 
You're lucky! I stopped enjoying the game since 1.07... :( it's unplayable online. I was so happy with the game. It was running smoothly, everything was perfect. No crashes, no freezes, no stuttering, nothing! Now I rarely play because these freezes destroys my race completely. I also get 1 - 2 freezes every 2 or 3 laps more or less... it's so frustrating.

Gussie said: Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority Left wing wins again???

WHERE’S OUR REPLAY OPTION CODEMASTERS?!?!
You're really trying to politicize that? 

That's pretty sad. That's how we end up with letterbombs being sent to Codies...

PedroPM94 said:
...nobody reported struggling tyre temperature´s...
...We were all using the same system of tyre temperature for nine patches, nobody had problems...

WHAT?????

JR6492 said:
Will the carcass temperatures be on/off for ranked playlists?
That depends on what the hosts set it to I think
Hosts can’t change ranked lobby settings I don’t think

I spent about 2 hours at the weekend trialling different setups for Monaco doing a grand prix weekend.

I think I managed to get to about lap 10/11 before the tyre temps went really high which is easily my best attempt so far - using same A.I level I normally do and driving consistently.

However when I used this setup in career mode during practice session I got to that dreaded lap 5 mark again where tyre temps hit 106 degrees on the front left so I struggled to replicate what I did from the grand prix weekend session.

Oh well at least we've got the option now of switching this off.

So what circuits do we have this on?

For me, Monaco and Singapore definitely - this as a BUG IMO

I've encountered it at Brazil, Suzuka and Baku (and a couple others I can't remember) and get away with 0.5 - 1.0 second loss, which shows it works as it should (before people moan at me).

People mention Hungary, which I can not remember how I got on with in my 1st season career mode. Would you say it goes in to the "bug" category or works as it should?

I'm just wondering what circuits you/we could definitely say is bug related rather than just outright blaming the whole carcass temp feature (constructive criticism)  ;) 

I think Monaco and Singapore are definite like you said, also Hungary and Baku for me although in those the time loss is more like 1 second or 1.5seconds.

I also encountered it in Austin but that worked as it should because although my tyres were getting hot, I could ease off and cool them plus the AI were not waltzing away.

Baku wasn't too bad for me - I think Austin was worse now you've mentioned it - but then as you said I don't class this as a bug

@Faya was you able to speak to the development team about the flipping of sportsmanship/showmanship for teams in this patch that was reported?