Sign in to follow this  

Patch Notes for 1.13 AND 1.14 – Discussion Thread

Gussie said:
ZenRazo said:
So the poor people get to cheat and turn off tyre temps. Congratulations another win for the busted arses! 
Nevertheless I do believe that was the best Solution by Codemasters for this problem. I do assume when joining a non ranked lobby I will be able to see if the Tyre temp is on or off prior to joining. I also assume that online Ranked lobbies will remain as is with tyre temps on? Or will we have a separate online
 ranked lobby for all the poor people who can't and/or refuse to buy a wheel and play the game the way it was intended?
I hope you’re right Zen and it’s clear for all to see who is taking the **** option and who is a fair dinkum racer! I didn’t buy this years game because I wanted an arcade racer like Need for Speed but only with F1 cars FFS! I want a sim and want to race against other people who want realism not people who want to turn on every fake option they can find just so they can feel good about their fake laptimes. Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority
Left wing wins again???

WHERE’S OUR REPLAY OPTION CODEMASTERS?!?!
You will have the option in lobby settings to keep this as it original is.

Nothing to do with making us "feel good", but for those of us racing against AI in career for Monaco & Singapore -most are finding that AI Pace does not drop off at all where as we suffer up to 3 seconds pace lost per lap.

I don't think it's people wanting an additional assist to beat others online or "cheat" I think most (including myself) are affected as career players.
So how do I set a RANKED LOBBY to Carcass temps on only? From what I'm hearing is you can't. 
If that true then my greatest fears have been realised. 

ZenRazo said:
Gussie said:
ZenRazo said:
So the poor people get to cheat and turn off tyre temps. Congratulations another win for the busted arses! 
Nevertheless I do believe that was the best Solution by Codemasters for this problem. I do assume when joining a non ranked lobby I will be able to see if the Tyre temp is on or off prior to joining. I also assume that online Ranked lobbies will remain as is with tyre temps on? Or will we have a separate online
 ranked lobby for all the poor people who can't and/or refuse to buy a wheel and play the game the way it was intended?
I hope you’re right Zen and it’s clear for all to see who is taking the **** option and who is a fair dinkum racer! I didn’t buy this years game because I wanted an arcade racer like Need for Speed but only with F1 cars FFS! I want a sim and want to race against other people who want realism not people who want to turn on every fake option they can find just so they can feel good about their fake laptimes. Fricken Pad Pussies!! The minority
Left wing wins again???

WHERE’S OUR REPLAY OPTION CODEMASTERS?!?!
You will have the option in lobby settings to keep this as it original is.

Nothing to do with making us "feel good", but for those of us racing against AI in career for Monaco & Singapore -most are finding that AI Pace does not drop off at all where as we suffer up to 3 seconds pace lost per lap.

I don't think it's people wanting an additional assist to beat others online or "cheat" I think most (including myself) are affected as career players.
So how do I set a RANKED LOBBY to Carcass temps on only? From what I'm hearing is you can't. 
If that true then my greatest fears have been realised. 
@faya? 

Faya said:
Hi @supersnel and @DrStrix, thanks for letting me know. Let me go and poke some people and see what I can find.  

Hi @Faya, Today it worked fine, no stutter, but game did crash with D3D error. Else it working fine. Anything to do with todays patch?

I retract my previous statement as I realized this is actually the complete opposite of what I wanted to hear. People need to understand this game needs to be a sim if they want to continue with the progression of ESports nad racing leagues. If you can't handle the jandle, then don't buy the game, buy Need for Speed, by F1 Superstars, buy something that is an arcade game, because clearly you people need to drive like amatuers to have fun. 

As much as you would love for the world to work this way, it doesn’t. Codemasters needs to sell games to thrive and exist, so they cannot funnel the entirety of the F1 series into a full on sim racer only playable with a full sim setup, and designed only for eSports. To sell games to F1 enthusiasts who may not be hard core gamers, it needs to be playable. At the same time, it needs to be acceptable for eSports and whatnot. But there is a line between the two, and Codemasters walks it pretty well. Nothing they have done lately has diminished from hardcore racers, but has improved playability to “amateur” players.

Not to mention FOM will probably take the license away from Codemasters if they build a sim that only caters to the sim racer crowd. The F1 Game Series is one of the ways Liberty wants to attract new audiences and fans to the sport, and that will not happen in a game that is unplayable unless you are an experienced sim racer.

You cannot make judgements solely on your view of the product. You have to take a larger view of the product, the company, and the target market. You may think the largest target market is sim racers, but have you done any research or survey to back that up? If not, don’t make that claim.

I retract my previous statement as I realized this is actually the complete opposite of what I wanted to hear. People need to understand this game needs to be a sim if they want to continue with the progression of ESports nad racing leagues. If you can't handle the jandle, then don't buy the game, buy Need for Speed, by F1 Superstars, buy something that is an arcade game, because clearly you people need to drive like amatuers to have fun. 
Bullshit. If F1 is going more to simulation that would be great! But there are more racers then only e sport. Young childers that like to race. People who don't want to have a wheel in the house. On and off buttons are great. For league racing and higher you can say no help on.
You are making a problem that totally don't exist.
This game is for every player. So a help is needed for every kind of player.

And have a nice day.

If I had the time, money and space at home I would love nothing more than a proper racing seat with a massive projector screen with the best steering wheel and peddles.

However;

I have a full time job
A young Child
A wife

There is no way that my above wishes will come true! So I have to make do with what I've got.

The pad is compatible with this game yes? In fact the pad for computer games existed before the wheel so us Pad users should not have to be handicapped by a bug.

Still not happy esport sim racers? Tough! Get over it and yourselves. You represent less than 1% of People who play this game - there are many other racers of different skill levels with differing amounts of time to play this game. People should be able to play a game they've spent money on whatever way they want.

Go buy a car, fit a roll cage in it and go racing properly over your local track if your that serious about racing.

TARJAM said:
RIP Ranked Lobbies                                                                 Little drastic dont u think? Just find lobbies that have it on or off whatever ur preferences....cant make u guys happy can they?? They dont patch the game, u guys complain of lack of support, they patch the game u reapond like this....cant win can they??‍♂️

Yes agree 100% , its a nice step with the stats so far , good job, but especially at ranked multiplayer lobbies there should be no option for the carcass temps at all, the best should compete there and nothing else.

now it would be hard to catch those guys with time trail setups and carcass temps off. 

thats not the right direction . 

MrCosta96 said:
Yisc said:
@Faya

Any ETA on when the sportsmanship / showmanship bug will be fixed?

Read the first the post about patch 1.14 ;)
Yes, I did that. There is no ETA mentioned there. It just talks about the reversion.
Because it's already live. As soon as Faya posts here, its live. At least on PC.
No, the next patch "1.15".

DrStrix said:
Faya said:
Hi @supersnel and @DrStrix, thanks for letting me know. Let me go and poke some people and see what I can find.  

Hi @Faya, Today it worked fine, no stutter, but game did crash with D3D error. Else it working fine. Anything to do with todays patch?
@DrStrix
What graphics card and CPU are you using? Does capping the frame rate help? When did the D3D error occur? What Windows version are you running? 

Could you please provide this information?

TARJAM said:
RIP Ranked Lobbies                                                                 Little drastic dont u think? Just find lobbies that have it on or off whatever ur preferences....cant make u guys happy can they?? They dont patch the game, u guys complain of lack of support, they patch the game u reapond like this....cant win can they??‍♂️
Ranked lobbies need to reflect its goal - ranking drivers based on race craft & cleaniless. Unranked are open for anyone to join.
Assists driving with no assists is silly in ranked lobbies. I have suggested a solution that can make majority happy. Let people create ranked lobbies and set them up like it is done for unranked. Simple!

Read this https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/141383/ranked-lobbies-format-post-1-14-patch#latest

TARJAM said:
TARJAM said:
Ranked lobbies need to reflect its goal - ranking drivers based on race craft & cleaniless. Unranked are open for anyone to join.
Assists driving with no assists is silly in ranked lobbies. I have suggested a solution that can make majority happy. Let people create ranked lobbies and set them up like it is done for unranked. Simple!

Read this https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/141383/ranked-lobbies-format-post-1-14-patch#latest

Easiest solution agreed. No need for online racers who race seriously to be petty and abusive to those who race for fun

good patch 
Codemasters                                                                                                           

Every time PS4 must wait so long ?‍♂️, Come on , Are you serious? So many bugs and we must wait so long, Come on! Give us the update,  COME ON!

Hi all,

Ranked lobbies should only be using the Surface and Carcass (Simulation) option. No one should be able to change this. Let me know if you see anything different. 

Faya said:

Hi all,

Ranked lobbies should only be using the Surface and Carcass (Simulation) option. No one should be able to change this. Let me know if you see anything different. 

So carcass temp feature will remain on in Ranked lobbies?

TARJAM said:
Faya said:

Hi all,

Exactly. So much panic for nothing, no one ever said the carcass temps would be changed to ''off'' for ranked lobbies. The new setting will only affect custom lobbies and offline for those that want it.

Faya said:

Hi all,

ah perfect information.

why does the safety car is not an option for for ranked lobbies.

please do not wait too long for ps4 update. 

TARJAM said:
Faya said:

Hi all,

Exactly. So much panic for nothing, no one ever said the carcass temps would be changed to ''off'' for ranked lobbies. The new setting will only affect custom lobbies and offline for those that want it.
Hey sunshine , yes thats what happen if pc gets the update before every other platform, so there are people who still don't know exactly bout the updates performance.

and seriously , after the past updates you have to understand that there is some doubt of some people about anythings which is inside the patch informations :-P

FRACTURED said:
PedroPM94 said:
...nobody reported struggling tyre temperature´s...
...We were all using the same system of tyre temperature for nine patches, nobody had problems...

WHAT?????

There was no tyre temperature bug before the 1.10 patch, i played the game quite a lot until then, and never noticed any problems at all, as did countless other people and i had raced in every track by then. The second i installed the 1.10 patch, the problems with it appeared.

And i don´t even recall this being reported like a serious and common problem until 1.10 patch came along as well.

No one panicked .. I just expressed a thought and I still see it should happen to cater everyone 

Cheers