Jump to content Jump to content

F12014 VS 2013 VS 2012

This has probably been asked before, so please link me to the thread if it has, but do you think F1 2014 is worth the cost/ as good as F1 2013, and do you think that 2013 is better/as good as/worse than 2012? I've got 2012, and would love to get 2013 classic edition, but think £20 is a tad too much. Same with 2014,.Honest advice would be appreciated, since I'm also thinking of buying 2013/2014/your recommendation as a Christmas present. Thanks in advance.  
it depends on what you want to do with it..... if you want to play it competitively in a league online then i wouldn't suggest 2014. but the game is great on it's own in career mode or GP mode with a wheel. It is the best handling game so far in this series. I can't speak for using a pad, though it seems pretty easy as they have traction control whether they want it on or not.

2013 was great in both online league and career mode (as well as GP mode). The classics were even better as they were harder to handle with a wheel. Load of fun that was.

That's a good game. Codemasters have delivered a game adapted to the new rules like the bigger torque of the cars and no gear ratios available. That's pretty fun to play.

If you don't like the new rules by the FIA, I don't think you will like this game. The driving is quite different.

F2013 for me.

If you go for the complete edition you get 2x extra tracks over the standard, which makes 23 tracks in total IIRC, compared with only 19 in a normal GP season. Extra classic cars are a lot of fun as well. I think I've seen it in Sainsburys for less than 20 quid.

Appart from the new torque which makes the cars spin pretty easily, F1 2014 is easier to play than the other ones. You no longer have to deal with the gear ratios. In previous games, you had to decide if you wanted a longer 7th gear to deal with the DRS or not during the qualifying session or the race. I will miss this feature because it was part of the fun dealing with gear ratios to make the car faster.  

It seems that the new regulations of the FIA are there for a long time. So, we have to look forward and play with the new rules.

To answer the question clearly, I played many hours with 2012 and still love it. I have 2013 and didn't play very much because that's the same game with 2013 drivers in my point of view.

On PC 2013 is better than 2014. People who play with a laggy display would probably say it play better but those who actually have a gaming panel would say it is kind of annoying. You feel that the back definitely loss traction but you have to wait a good 45ms+ to start countersteering. In the end you don't know where the car is going...
After watching and reading some reviews, i'm torn. 2013 does look good, but it seems so similar to 2012, even with the classic edition's extra cars and tracks, but then reviews for 2014 say that it isn't as good as the "feature-packed" 2013. I'll probably get 2013 first, but 2013 classic edition costs a bomb (£66.99 on Amazon) so a cheaper supplier for the game on 360 would be much appreciated! (As long as it isn't ebay) That said, I don't think I'd spend ages on classic mode, since reviewers say it will only last a few hours, so I really don't know, all down to you guys. 

TL;DR 2013 seems similar to 2012. Reviews for 2014 says 2013 is best. Don't think I'll spend loads of time on classic mode. Looking at just the core game which is best
Thanks!

tbh it depends what your looking for really.  For me the most challenging to drive and compete in is 2013 if you like aggressive competitive AI and harder cars to drive for me that's the way. However for me personally I find the AI too aggressive and the grip and tyre wear coulfd have been eased or extra option to turn it off implemented on the easier levels. It is a good game but for me it'll always be my least favourite of the series but this is just my opinion though. I find the handling of 2012 and 2014 very similar with the exception of the torque in the 2014 game can make the car twitchy sometimes coming out of slower corners but based on how the cars in real life performed that has to be expected. for me the best of these 3 games is 2012 as I think presentation wise and general feel of the game just clicks well with me more than any of the games other than 2010 but again that's my opinion.
After watching and reading some reviews, i'm torn. 2013 does look good, but it seems so similar to 2012, even with the classic edition's extra cars and tracks, but then reviews for 2014 say that it isn't as good as the "feature-packed" 2013. I'll probably get 2013 first, but 2013 classic edition costs a bomb (£66.99 on Amazon) so a cheaper supplier for the game on 360 would be much appreciated! (As long as it isn't ebay) That said, I don't think I'd spend ages on classic mode, since reviewers say it will only last a few hours, so I really don't know, all down to you guys. 

TL;DR 2013 seems similar to 2012. Reviews for 2014 says 2013 is best. Don't think I'll spend loads of time on classic mode. Looking at just the core game which is best
Thanks!

No mate. And no again.

The classic edition was limited and had a cardboard cover sleeve (we are not worthy). Because it is limited it is very expensive now, as there are few copies left.

But the complete edition has all the classic content, and it is around 25 quid on amazon at the moment. You can get it for even less in Sainsburys in the UK. Of course you do not get the amazing cardboard sleeve if you purchase the complete edition. 
Think I'll do that. Sorry if this is frustrating talking to me! I do know that the complete edition was limited to 10,000 units in the UK, but was surprised that the cheapest I could find was £66.99, especially considering that 2014 had just come out. Anyway, thanks for the advice on Sainsbury's, Think I'll get it there.
Think I'll do that. Sorry if this is frustrating talking to me! I do know that the complete edition was limited to 10,000 units in the UK, but was surprised that the cheapest I could find was £66.99, especially considering that 2014 had just come out. Anyway, thanks for the advice on Sainsbury's, Think I'll get it there.
That'll be the Classic Edition that was limited to 10000 units, not the Complete Edition.

The complete edition is available for £25 on Amazon on XB360 - I just checked.

The only think I would additionally recommend is that you buy it new, not SH. Reason being is the extra content comes as DLC IIRC, not on the disk, so if you buy SH someone will have already probably downloaded it.