Sign in to follow this  

Ranked Lobbies Format Post 1.14 Patch

Here we go again. A controversial feature added to the game that will cause chaos more than satisfy the mob!!

@Faya @jennyannem 

It is really simple. Codemasters wish to satisfy pad users (majority) or whoever is struggling playing the game and need it to be more fun and arcade, excellent!

For Offline, introducing more assists is welcome. Someone playing alone does not affect anyone
For Online - unranked, having assists is also fine. Joining a lobby with drivers using assists is a clear choice. If you do not wish to play with assists drivers in unranked lobbies - don't or create a lobby with zero assists or whatever assists you wish to disallow, then everyone is happy
For Online - ranked, well what is the point of introducing the super license if drivers won't be differentiated and be playing with someone of their caliber. Someone using assists will definitely have advantage over no-assists drivers especially the carcass temp assist. 

Solution is simple:

Option 1:
Have your ranking system read a players assists settings and plug him/her to the respective lobby. If a player is first to join a ranked lobby, then lock the lobby to his assists settings defined offline (disallow changes to lobby assists) and plug different players to that lobby attributes based on their assists offline settings

Option 2:
Let players create their own ranked lobbies, like they can for unranked, define the assists settings then people can join such lobbies and if they do not like the assists settings they simply can leave. This can prove an added value for ESPORTS events where acquiring a super license will have a meaning to leagues/esports teams - I saw some leagues/esports teams exploring the option to have someone signed or approved to join based on driver super license status, yet how it is implemented now is silly and unusable
I am sure leagues would use ranked lobbies which would make it easier to have drivers join their leagues or be disqualified for being of bad race craft. It helps with putting drivers in different tiers also within the same league (say tier for D drivers, another for C and so on - highest tier being the S)

I see this option more feasible and easier to implement based on my humble coding experience

Sorry for making this thread long but I thought of sharing this with codemasters and community since features appear to be feasible to get implemented
I heard that 2019 DLC would come like a month or 2 after 2019 season starts so introducing features is now the road map of codies F1 franchise

Cheers

Option 3 (the easy way):
Make the assists visible for each player in the results screen. This way, real sim player can easily compare each other and also could tempt assisted drivers to at least try to learn to drive without assists. 

D4rio said:
Option 3 (the easy way):
Make the assists visible for each player in the results screen. This way, real sim player can easily compare each other and also could tempt assisted drivers to at least try to learn to drive without assists. 

Can be yet outcome is still the same. Having assists vs non-assists in ranked lobbies beats the main goal of the ranking system. Non-assists drivers will keep moaning assists are beating them easy. If you wish to play against drivers with similar attributes is the fair way to do it. The only way to do that is with giving control to players to create sessions with custom settings and get ranked according to that. I hope it makes sense

Super license feature in ranked lobbies should be unbiased. Currently it is biased to assists users with carcass temp feature off

I don't get why some people are so competitive over a game - do they not have greater worries in life?

Also if people with assist on are beating them then they're obviously not as good as they thought they were...............

Also if people with assist on are beating them then they're obviously not as good as they thought they were...............
That's BS mate. That's as useful as 'buy a wheel'.

Well everyone can have a thought as he wishes, I am a no-assists driver.  I tested ABS the other day and gained like 4 tenths just by doing very late braking without worrying about locking up. And my testing was online, not in TT

There are strong drivers on the pad and not having the overheating issues. Those are also complaining about ranked lobbies being mixed up with non-assists and getting disadvantaged. 

Disabling carcass in ranked lobbies is like going back to 2017 - flat-out all race long which beats the basic racing concept

This is how I think of it
Again, joining custom lobbies - ranked or unranked - is a choice. Currently if someone wish to get a ranking for fun, that is spoiled after 1.14

Just FYI - I am not complaining or ranting

FRACTURED said:

Is it though? How many times have you seen on this forum of people complaining about racing against people with assists on.
Either get better or turn the assists on?!

FRACTURED said:

Is it though? How many times have you seen on this forum of people complaining about racing against people with assists on.
I do not need assists to get better. Am already fine, having fun and getting quality racing in couple of leagues

Again am not complaining or ranting. No need to be aggressive in your responses
It's a free world and this is an open forum. I can speak out whatever I want, same as everyone. Sharing my thoughts is not a crime and definitely not targeting anyone

Cheers

TARJAM said:
FRACTURED said:

I do not need assists to get better. Am already fine, having fun and getting quality racing in couple of leagues

Again am not complaining or ranting. No need to be aggressive in your responses
It's a free world and this is an open forum. I can speak out whatever I want, same as everyone. Sharing my thoughts is not a crime and definitely not targeting anyone

Cheers
I was not having a go at you, apologies I was responding to Fractured - you clearly are having fun with the game and that's good, I totally get and respect your opinion.

I'm just fed up that those who wanted the temps altered or looked at (and I'm a career racer so I have no interest in outsmarting others by using assists online) are being slated for wanting a fairer race against AI who don't suffer with this. 

@TARJAM ... I totally agree with your facts. But I believe you are too liberal with your solutions.
As you have stated in another post "Ranked lobbies need to reflect its goal - ranking drivers based on race craft & cleaniless."  <---- 100%.
With that in mind RANKED must be, by definition, based on the highest simulation level attainable by the game (ie. ALL FORMS OF ASSIST OFF).
As it stands a player has no power over what assists his opponents are using in a online RANKED lobby.
This already is not a level playing field and now we can turn the tyre temps off... ?
Originally I too thought... ok let them have a RANKED fully assisted and/or tyre temp off lobbies that a player can select, much like the 5 laps or 25% we have now. But then I realised this too is not a level playing field either. 
If Jeff and Dave are of equal Rank but Dave uses Assists and has Tyre Temps off is he really as good as Jeff?
To allow someone to gain "Rank" in a lobby that allows ALL assists on cannot be compared to someone who gained their '"Rank" in a lobby without certain or all assist off. It would be like comparing oranges with apples (or in this case lemons with apples).
I think RANKED lobby's should be set to default no assists with full tyre temp on. This should not be a problem as the VAST majority who are struggling with tyre temps are offline career mode players with pads. 
Otherwise you are left with a 2 teir Ranked system which IMO would be detrimental to the whole purpose of a RANKED system.

FRACTURED said:

Yes. Its exactly as useful!

Ranked is a joke if tyre carcass temps are now off. Its already 5 lap races for 99% of users, mixed assists, racing community at least 50% full of idiots. Rarely is there a 25% ranked lobby on the go when I search. "Ranked" would be better off being locked to no assists (maybe even cockpit view locked), minimum 25% races.

Have a separate 5 lap race hopper system so people can go and use their assists to smash the fair drivers off.

ZenRazo said:
@TARJAM ... I totally agree with your facts. But I believe you are too liberal with your solutions.
As you have stated in another post "Ranked lobbies need to reflect its goal - ranking drivers based on race craft & cleaniless."  <---- 100%.
With that in mind RANKED must be, by definition, based on the highest simulation level attainable by the game (ie. ALL FORMS OF ASSIST OFF).
As it stands a player has no power over what assists his opponents are using in a online RANKED lobby.
This already is not a level playing field and now we can turn the tyre temps off... ?
Originally I too thought... ok let them have a RANKED fully assisted and/or tyre temp off lobbies that a player can select, much like the 5 laps or 25% we have now. But then I realised this too is not a level playing field either. 
If Jeff and Dave are of equal Rank but Dave uses Assists and has Tyre Temps off is he really as good as Jeff?
To allow someone to gain "Rank" in a lobby that allows ALL assists on cannot be compared to someone who gained their '"Rank" in a lobby without certain or all assist off. It would be like comparing oranges with apples (or in this case lemons with apples).
I think RANKED lobby's should be set to default no assists with full tyre temp on. This should not be a problem as the VAST majority who are struggling with tyre temps are offline career mode players with pads. 
Otherwise you are left with a 2 teir Ranked system which IMO would be detrimental to the whole purpose of a RANKED system.

I agree with every bit that you said. My suggestion was to satisfy both ends. 
People struggling with tyre temps in ranked can have their request in separate ranking system
Yes there will be 2 ranking systems yet ultimately avoiding a mix that is causing a never ending debate. 
This way a choice is out their and people are not bound by 1 system that will never please either sides

That is my point and I am 100% if implemented will see codies forums calming down and more customers for them online

I think offline career players got their request with latest patch and can play in peace now

FRACTURED said:
FRACTURED said:

Ranked is a joke if tyre carcass temps are now off. Its already 5 lap races for 99% of users, mixed assists, racing community at least 50% full of idiots. Rarely is there a 25% ranked lobby on the go when I search. "Ranked" would be better off being locked to no assists (maybe even cockpit view locked), minimum 25% races.

Have a separate 5 lap race hopper system so people can go and use their assists to smash the fair drivers off.
Exactly what I suggested. Why did you see it BS if you are echoing my suggestion? :)

TARJAM said:
FRACTURED said:
FRACTURED said:

Exactly what I suggested. Why did you see it BS if you are echoing my suggestion? :)
I saw TurtleMooses' comment as BS. Don't think I responded to you.

FRACTURED said:
TARJAM said:
FRACTURED said:
FRACTURED said:

I saw TurtleMooses' comment as BS. Don't think I responded to you.

Yea .. just noticed that. Sorry buddy

In general I see TC users beeing around 0.8 to 1.5 seconds faster in ranked lobbies, and it's easy to spot at the start. When they drive off like a rocket and no wheelspin at all, where NO TC users are trying to control the car when launching, and then just watch how they go through corners like on rails, well that says enough.

sometimes i just retire and watch in spectator mode and then it becomes clear that I am right.

the deficit between TC and NO TC is way to big and as a non TC user you're most of the time not able to keep up because then you destroy the tyres.

this absolutely needs to be adressed, because IMO when the deficit is this large, you're cheating. 

Estoy de acuerdo con usted pero mucha gente dice que eso es mentira. Hay mucha gente cínica y poco objetiva en este foro.

It's simple, make assists slower slightly, then I don't care if you use them. Driving line shouldn't be allowed in ranked but whatever, can't win everything. If you're playing ranked, you should be quite good at the game, if you don't know the tracks you should still to unranked until you do.

AlexTT said:
In general I see TC users beeing around 0.8 to 1.5 seconds faster in ranked lobbies, and it's easy to spot at the start. When they drive off like a rocket and no wheelspin at all, where NO TC users are trying to control the car when launching, and then just watch how they go through corners like on rails, well that says enough.

sometimes i just retire and watch in spectator mode and then it becomes clear that I am right.

the deficit between TC and NO TC is way to big and as a non TC user you're most of the time not able to keep up because then you destroy the tyres.

this absolutely needs to be adressed, because IMO when the deficit is this large, you're cheating. 

The start is the only place I disagree with you at. I can generally smoke any traction control user off the line, but it’s the aggressive use of the curbs that allows them to go so much quicker.

The start is the only place I disagree with you at. I can generally smoke any traction control user off the line, but it’s the aggressive use of the curbs that allows them to go so much quicker.
Yeah I assumed he meant Med TCS specifically for starts. Full TCS guys are toast at the start. 

I don't race online (better I don't play online like ever)
But what I read feel like a bit inconvenience what the most pad or career users have with the tyre temps and now have with a lot of players online.

I think career and online must be separated from each other. For helping aids etc. Create basic ranking with help and Pro (without any help)
Same as FIFA when you can change the sliders(career) from cpu and player but online is it the same.

Level that for online andi really think we can all use the same door.

Hello everyone, I think that rather than thinking of assistance, Cody should create lobbies based on rank, so as to ensure everyone's fun. I do not find it fun to be pushed off the track on the straight after the departure, note not at the first bend but on straight, by someone not too expert or worse than it does on purpose. In only 2 races I lost the S-rank but much more serious, I did not have fun.
Bye.