PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

I know we had that big thread (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53467/f1-2018-official-hud-voting) with multiple replies asking for this year's game to feature the official TV graphics by FOM and @Faya promised the team would be working hard to implement more of the official graphics to future iterations. So now we beg Faya to tell the dev team that we would like to get the official OSD graphics for all of the sessions in next year's 2019 game. At least make them optional so everyone can choose which one (or how many drivers showing in the tower on the left) they prefer. Please make it work @Faya. This could've already been implemented in this year's version. Thank you for listening! And we appreciate your hard work fixing the current game for us :)

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Yes, this would be awesome, but it isnt in codies hands. They have to work around the licencing, which, as we can see from the past years, is quite a big job

well, I believe Liberty Media is more than willing to bring the authentic F1 feeling to the fans than how it was when Ecclestone was running the show

Liberty are definitely more receptive to things like this. It could possibly be something. I’ve always wanted it but think it should be an option to have on or codies graphics. 

I’ve always wanted it but think it should be an option to have on or codies graphics. 
Shouldn't you have chosen the "no - but no problem if you make them optional" then? I don't understand the answers really. I want an option, but I don't want it to be the only HUD available.

UP100 said:
I’ve always wanted it but think it should be an option to have on or codies graphics. 
Shouldn't you have chosen the "no - but no problem if you make them optional" then? I don't understand the answers really. I want an option, but I don't want it to be the only HUD available.
No because I actually want it hence the yes. Technically we’d need a third yes but make it optional. 

UP100 said:
No because I actually want it hence the yes. Technically we’d need a third yes but make it optional. 
Well I want it... but I don't want it to be forced upon us. The poll is quite confusing.

There are licensing problems for sure but MotoGP 18 does it, and Milestone is a very smaller studio than Codemasters. If they have the money to do it, so does Codemasters.

It completely baffles me that this is still not in the game. This was pretty much standard in all games until F1 CE on the PS3. Codies took over and the official HUD has never been seen since. And i don´t really get who votes for no, it´s obvious that this would be able to be turned off, like every option in the HUD is in the present time.

UP100 said:
UP100 said:
Well I want it... but I don't want it to be forced upon us. The poll is quite confusing.
yes means you want it desperately and no means you wouldn't mind for it to be optional though. Should have included a "yes, but make it optional".

AScott said:
HUD's should be for replay only, all you need to see is on your steering wheel.
well, I agree it should also be on replays. Sometimes I watch full replays of my 100% race and no display and leaderboards make the replay boring and onedimensional.

I know we had that big thread (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53467/f1-2018-official-hud-voting) with multiple replies asking for this year's game to feature the official TV graphics by FOM and @Faya promised the team would be working hard to implement more of the official graphics to future iterations. So now we beg Faya to tell the dev team that we would like to get the official OSD graphics for all of the sessions in next year's 2019 game. At least make them optional so everyone can choose which one (or how many drivers showing in the tower on the left) they prefer. Please make it work @Faya. This could've already been implemented in this year's version. Thank you for listening! And we appreciate your hard work fixing the current game for us :)

@AllenB2609

Any chance you can redo that screenshot but with the speedometer, car settings Radio messages etc at bottom right corner from the game HUD we already have? Just wondering how it would look together.

Speedometer? Track Map? Potentially the two most useful items on the osd and it's not there. Nice concept and if I were to fix some things then I'd remove the bottom 10 or just add top 5 between you and the dangers zone. But as I said very nice concept.

Problem with that is it looks very cluttered/distracting the hud has to be designed to not take up large portions of the screen.  I get the impression the everything on hud is built with that in mind so i cannot see it changing.

However in replays ect it would be great to have such options

but then it would also be great to be able to save replays but thats a discussion for another thread.

TheCroc84 said:
Problem with that is it looks very cluttered/distracting the hud has to be designed to not take up large portions of the screen.  I get the impression the everything on hud is built with that in mind so i cannot see it changing.

but then it would also be great to be able to save replays but thats a discussion for another thread.
I get that you would still need to fit the speedometer and map; just thinking that showing a few more positions at top left wouldn't hurt too much combined with that nice graphic in top right, right?

TheCroc84 said:

I get that you would still need to fit the speedometer and map; just thinking that showing a few more positions at top left wouldn't hurt too much combined with that nice graphic in top right, right?
The graphic is nice and i wouldn't be against it in certain situations but i think for a functional non cluttered ui what they have at the moment is about the best you can get.  If they expanded the times around you i'd like 2 either side and then maybe just the leader so you have 5 showing.

Whether it's the official HUD or current version I've always wanted to see a few more driver positions displayed just to see if you're gaining or losing time on other drivers around. 

Whether it's the official HUD or current version I've always wanted to see a few more driver positions displayed just to see if you're gaining or losing time on other drivers around. 
Yes I echo that. 

yes, more drivers showing on the hud would help A LOT! Codemasters could give us the option to display as many opponents as we'd prefer.

I'd love the official HUD. Codies' has been the same forever and it's meh.
I still can't believe the fastest lap and flags notifications are positioned where they are. Using Tcam I can't even give you a number of how many times I've missed corner apexs thanks to such.