PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I think this earlier statement still applies to be honest. To agree with @Bicarda, if you saw all of this on your screen while racing, you wouldn't know where to look. There would be no space to race and the racing experience always comes first. Having all of this on screen when competing in races in just counter-productive for the racing from my experience driving and in the leagues.

We have things that are yet to be confirmed on updates in spectator mode and some new additions in game also. As ever, currently its a work in progress and subject to change.

Well @BarryBL you could at least make it customizable so everyone can play as he wants. Where would be the problem to make it customizable for how much drivers we can see in the tower? It would also help a lot if we could have the option to only display the 3 main characters of the drivers (like in the real F1 graphics). This would free up a lot more space. You can make it optional 🙂

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

Well @BarryBL you could at least make it customizable so everyone can play as he wants. Where would be the problem to make it customizable for how much drivers we can see in the tower? It would also help a lot if we could have the option to only display the 3 main characters of the drivers (like in the real F1 graphics). This would free up a lot more space. You can make it optional 🙂

THIS. 

"The more options, the better."

1 hour ago, FIE said:

@BarryBL So here we go, right topic and thats what we want when we talk about official broadcast graphics. 

Race.png

Race Yellow Flag.png

This looks really good to me. It's not too distracting, and it doesn't even restrict your view much, either. Assetto Corsa Competizione has a broadcast UI that you can use inside the cockpit during a race that's more restrictive of your view than this, but they still make it optional for anyone who wants to use it.

I would love it if we were given the option to use something like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It doesn‘t restrict your view because it only shows 3 characters for each driver. CM should make it this way or at least let us change to that type of format. The number of drivers shown is not the problem, more so the length of the full names.

• Agree 4

Agreed. It looks really clean. 

2 hours ago, FIE said:

@BarryBL So here we go, right topic and thats what we want when we talk about official broadcast graphics. 

Race.png

Race Yellow Flag.png

This looks really good, though with the intervals it would definitely need an option/button to fold in the tower. The names aren't blocking any of the view in the screenshot, but in other instances it could get in the way of the apex from a distance (Brazil turn 1, Suzuka hairpin for example) 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

This looks really good, though with the intervals it would definitely need an option/button to fold in the tower. The names aren't blocking any of the view in the screenshot, but in other instances it could get in the way of the apex from a distance (Brazil turn 1, Suzuka hairpin for example) 

I disagree. The official HUD is more slender than the Codemasters‘ replica HUD. Because Codemasters uses full names.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I disagree. The official HUD is more slender than the Codemasters‘ replica HUD. Because Codemasters uses full names.

I'm talking about how it goes all the way down, I don't need to see all the positions at all times, especially when it can block your view of the track. Like I said, let it be there and then add an option or button to reduce it to 3/5 postions and everbody wins. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

I would agree that the initials would be less intrusive but as the hud stands I think it isn't that intrusive and that it shouldn't be the focus. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

@BarryBL We all know that we're talking about a product what isn't completely finished yet "WORK IN PROGRESS" … B U T !!! You have already some new graphics in the game what shows me that things are going in the wrong direction again… First of all that feature with official broadcast graphics should be optional / customizable, because i want to know during Qualifying while I'm out on track ..who is in danger to drop out in Q1. For that I have to go into the garage and open my live display.. Our race ingeneer is a bad guy… important informations about special Drivers I would like to ask for.. are not named. I want to see in every session all 20 drivers in the tower on the left hand side cause there are more information given than anywhere else.. Codies "replica" """"official broadcast graphics"""" are Pretty bad cluttered and chaotic. Like I said.. I dont need a second onscreen information on the top right hand side about my current position when it's shown in the tower. Lap counter / session timer and flags should be compact in one place. And again, slow sectors arent red rather yellow, cause  red is a warning colour that should be shown when my current lap time was deleted due to corner cutting. The official broadcast graphics were made for spectators … right … and that's exactly why the graphics are not cluttered.. Official broadcast graphics are easy to understand, but if I look on you graphics.. don't know where to look at first…  If you talk about multiplayer for example (gamertags will be cluttered in official graphics)… where is the problem to give online players the opportunity to choose three letters and a name instead of gamertags to be displayed in the graphics.. Codies, you make it too easy for yourself ….

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

So @BarryBL any chance we can get the option to customize the positions HUD to our own likes (like extend the drivers shown and only use their initials)? Come on, you are the man! You can make it work! 😜🤩

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, FIE said:

@BarryBL We all know that we're talking about a product what isn't completely finished yet "WORK IN PROGRESS" … B U T !!! You have already some new graphics in the game what shows me that things are going in the wrong direction again… First of all that feature with official broadcast graphics should be optional / customizable, because i want to know during Qualifying while I'm out on track ..who is in danger to drop out in Q1. For that I have to go into the garage and open my live display.. Our race ingeneer is a bad guy… important informations about special Drivers I would like to ask for.. are not named. I want to see in every session all 20 drivers in the tower on the left hand side cause there are more information given than anywhere else.. Codies "replica" """"official broadcast graphics"""" are Pretty bad cluttered and chaotic. Like I said.. I dont need a second onscreen information on the top right hand side about my current position when it's shown in the tower. Lap counter / session timer and flags should be compact in one place. And again, slow sectors arent red rather yellow, cause  red is a warning colour that should be shown when my current lap time was deleted due to corner cutting. The official broadcast graphics were made for spectators … right … and that's exactly why the graphics are not cluttered.. Official broadcast graphics are easy to understand, but if I look on you graphics.. don't know where to look at first…  If you talk about multiplayer for example (gamertags will be cluttered in official graphics)… where is the problem to give online players the opportunity to choose three letters and a name instead of gamertags to be displayed in the graphics.. Codies, you make it too easy for yourself ….

Formula 1 isn't just a racing sport with rivals infront and behind of you. Formula 1 is about drama in Qualifying for each driver. For that it's a must have to get all 20 drivers on screen to know where are the other drivers, who is going to be knockout after every session? Same for the race. Where are my rivals? How is the gap to calculate my next pit stop. Where do I get out with fresh tyres. It's an official game, so where is the problem to get all important official graphics as known from broadcast. The HUD should be optional, cause it's not my problem if someone can't race with 20 drivers on the left hand side and for me it's not cluttered if they are completely shown. Why do I have to adapt to the others if the solution is pretty simple: Let every single player decide for himself what he wants to see in term of information to make the race easier to read. You dont need any graphics if you want to have the experience being a real driver, but for me and many other players I guess it's a must have to have a look like broadcast style. What about the official HALO speedometer? What about the initials of every driver to keep the position tower narrower… Where is the problem to renounce the gamertags in multiplayer, choose three letters a multiplayer name to keep it official… I can't understand many things since years… Your "broadcast graphics" remind me of a cartoon game.. Official broadcast graphics would reflect realism… 

Please let your team know… Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I think this earlier statement still applies to be honest. To agree with @Bicarda, if you saw all of this on your screen while racing, you wouldn't know where to look. There would be no space to race and the racing experience always comes first. Having all of this on screen when competing in races in just counter-productive for the racing from my experience driving and in the leagues.

We have things that are yet to be confirmed on updates in spectator mode and some new additions in game also. As ever, currently its a work in progress and subject to change.

Bazza mate,

Have you ever seen an iracing race on twitch? That sim is like a spreadsheet with a window in the middle showing the track! There is a racer general opinion that you can never have TOO many stats! Of course you wouldn't force players to fill their screens with data, there would be a none, minimal, normal or full choice which you would set in preferences and then cycle through with an assigned button or key the same way we do views. In fact most of us only ever use one view so we'd instantly assign the view button to race info when we installed the game.

I don't think you would find a single person who would say no I only want one view not a choice. You could also have AUTO FULL where if you turned that ON after every pass, or pit stop, or crash, or fastest lap, or retirement would put the full info page on screen for say 10 seconds.

I know we might sound like an ungrateful bunch never being satisfied with new features you give us and always wanting more but... That's how together we all help to make the game better and better each year.

Of course you KNOW that Bazza! You've just got beta lag right now and I totally understand that!

👍😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we are now "begging" for 5 years to have the official tv graphics in the game... but cm doesn't care about this... and now it looks like we won't have the official graphics this year too... but why codemasters??? because of the beta-tester youtubers who say that we don't need this? please listen to the community - i think more than 85% of us want it... and not the cartoonish kiddy need for speed gamer codemasters HUD with 3 driver names on the left position table... and your colors at the sector time table is also wrong... still didn't find out what green and red means... purple is correct...

PLEASE GIVE US THE OFFICIAL GRAPHICS.... we have waited long enough for it...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Many many years of asking for official HUD, now leaving the majority of customers (excluding those YouTube content creators) with a lot of frustration 

Customisable HUD for consoles is definitely a step in good direction

we only ask for official colors, purple instead of red, real broadcast graphics! !

now Its time for a honest explanation, no excuse like “we will think about it for for future titles” 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FIE said:

Formula 1 isn't just a racing sport with rivals infront and behind of you. Formula 1 is about drama in Qualifying for each driver. For that it's a must have to get all 20 drivers on screen to know where are the other drivers, who is going to be knockout after every session? Same for the race. Where are my rivals? How is the gap to calculate my next pit stop. Where do I get out with fresh tyres. It's an official game, so where is the problem to get all important official graphics as known from broadcast. The HUD should be optional, cause it's not my problem if someone can't race with 20 drivers on the left hand side and for me it's not cluttered if they are completely shown. Why do I have to adapt to the others if the solution is pretty simple: Let every single player decide for himself what he wants to see in term of information to make the race easier to read. You dont need any graphics if you want to have the experience being a real driver, but for me and many other players I guess it's a must have to have a look like broadcast style. What about the official HALO speedometer? What about the initials of every driver to keep the position tower narrower… Where is the problem to renounce the gamertags in multiplayer, choose three letters a multiplayer name to keep it official… I can't understand many things since years… Your "broadcast graphics" remind me of a cartoon game.. Official broadcast graphics would reflect realism… 

Please let your team know… Thanks!

Absolutely this. Well a compromise to the actual HUD would be for us to be able to customize the HUD to 3 initials of each driver and to extend the positions tower to as many positions shown as we want. @BarryBL let‘s do this!!! Everyone is happy then. 😜

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Bazza mate,

Have you ever seen an iracing race on twitch? That sim is like a spreadsheet with a window in the middle showing the track! There is a racer general opinion that you can never have TOO many stats! Of course you wouldn't force players to fill their screens with data, there would be a none, minimal, normal or full choice which you would set in preferences and then cycle through with an assigned button or key the same way we do views. In fact most of us only ever use one view so we'd instantly assign the view button to race info when we installed the game.

I don't think you would find a single person who would say no I only want one view not a choice. You could also have AUTO FULL where if you turned that ON after every pass, or pit stop, or crash, or fastest lap, or retirement would put the full info page on screen for say 10 seconds.

I know we might sound like an ungrateful bunch never being satisfied with new features you give us and always wanting more but... That's how together we all help to make the game better and better each year.

Of course you KNOW that Bazza! You've just got beta lag right now and I totally understand that!

👍😁

@sloppysmusic, I have, but not an awful lot. As you can imagine, I sometimes try not to think of virtual racing at my weekend as well as my week 😛 If only I was quick at it, I'd be all over it. I've drove a total of 3 laps in iRacing just as an experience thing. I don't think I have the setup at home or the personal time to invest in it.

However, there is someone who has. So I have some information on it from someone MUCH more well equipped than me! iRacing in fact has far far less that what is shown on twitch, as a lot of the modules and sections of the screen are streamlabs. The most you will see in iracing is a small input meter on the left, a small frame rate monitor on the right and a screen showing standings that is changeable to fuel.etc. known as the 'blackbox'. The basic settings on iRacing are the positions and the rear view mirror. Granted, the positions are a few more than F1 at this time, but that's it. 

I've seen some screenshots sent from iRacing settings, and I guess its a matter of opinion and demand. From what I've seen, that far far too much. I personally have to focus on the racing, on the corners and keeping consistent to get any finish at all. I've got decent pace for our League Championship considering no/little practice every week, and I'm bang in the midfield with some very good drivers. But, I couldn't look at 10 other screens, focus on braking, worry about tyres and not bin it. Let alone racing in our packed midfield. 

But the bold point is right. I understand that, and we'll always keep pushing. I personally think 2020 is a massive step forward from what I've played (which is a fair amount) and the improvements across the game are there. I will raise upon release, where the final production is in and there is a solid base to work off.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

Absolutely this. Well a compromise to the actual HUD would be for us to be able to customize the HUD to 3 initials of each driver and to extend the positions tower to as many positions shown as we want. @BarryBL let‘s do this!!! Everyone is happy then. 😜

Absolutely agree. All they really need to do is move the tyres to the right-hand side, have an option for the 3 initials for the driver names instead of full surnames, and allow us to either have a condensed table like they have or have the option of showing the full grid and I think most people would be happy and could run with something much closer to the official graphics if they wanted to 🙏. Even though it’s not a make or break thing it would be cool to see the graphics look truer to the official tv graphics. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Absolutely agree. All they really need to do is move the tyres to the right-hand side, have an option for the 3 initials for the driver names instead of full surnames, and allow us to either have a condensed table like they have or have the option of showing the full grid and I think most people would be happy and could run with something much closer to the official graphics if they wanted to 🙏. Even though it’s not a make or break thing it would be cool to see the graphics look truer to the official tv graphics. 

I mean it can‘t be too hard to make it customizable, can it?

14 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I mean it can‘t be too hard to make it customizable, can it?

I guess Codemasters are just prioritising other aspects of the game. It’s great that they’ve brought the customisation options that PC players had last year for the consoles too though so maybe later down the line they might be able to add a few extra options to tweak it even further.  

Think the first thing I’ll probably do is shrink slightly the main MFD with the gears, acceleration, braking etc as from what I’ve seen of the videos on YouTube it does look a tad too big for my taste.  Also great that we have the option to adjust the position of the rear view mirror as many of us run custom camera views in cockpit cam so will help to position it more out of the way and in line with where the top of the halo is. 

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

iRacing in fact has far far less that what is shown on twitch, as a lot of the modules and sections of the screen are streamlabs.

Thanks for the update Barry. You are absolutely correct to say there are a LOT of add on info boards available for iracing. This is kind of central to the point in was trying to make though. Even if a sim gives users a fair amount of data by default, almost everyone looks for external solutions that will give them more. It's the difference between success and failure at the horst level. Agreed people don't race with the F1 games with anywhere near the same intensity as iracing, might it be just possible this is a actually BECAUSE what racers consider to be vital information to them is not available in a game /sim. It's the "if you build it they will come" scenario. Is it a possible solution to allow mod creators more access to telemetry and race data so people can use add-ons of the default game does not satisfy them? As you pointed again iracing people themselves use a lot of these. I do understand the difference between your business models. Iracing is less software oriented and more 'scene' focused. It's the races themselves that people buy into rather than a particular software release. The f1 games DO focus more on a game container release where a particular version number is important to keep as intended and assets need to be more highly secured.

As I've said before I've never seen anyone complain seriously about having too many options as long as they are not the default and they have to wade through menus to turn them off. Discovering you CAN add more if you wish though is always exciting!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Agreed and to be honest, now on console we can customise HUD options, we can scale the tower slightly and move to the left so it's even less intrusive.

3 initials is the way to go though no matter what and why not have the full tower? You could quite easily have it default to 3 or 5 but like you say have a button (or Jeff command) to expand the tower - either as a toggle so you have to collapse it manually or have it expand for a set time and it will auto-collapse. Would certainly help with checking gaps for pit strategies I feel.

• Agree 4

You can have a lot more race information by buying a app.

Iracing is ok but not the bees knees. 2 things which are good is the ban bad drivers and tyre physics  . Oh and my 2nd love ovals with IndyCar. 

Obviously f12020 is a stop gap in preparation for next generation of consoles. 

For me yes I love all the information but overall it's how the game feels when Racing   , that's the most important aspect of any Racing game or sim  🤯🏎

@BarryBLI would like to say that I have been playing Formula 1 since the 2006 version for ps2 and I miss the real TV graphics in F1 games made since 2010. OK they tried to reproduce faithfully from 2018, however it is nowhere near the same real chart. I know that there are a lot of players who like to play with a very close experience with what we saw in the broadcasts it is not for nothing that I prefer to play with mods on the rfactor due to the question of having the option of introducing the real TV graphics as the time tower with all the drivers the qualification and race graphics all of them faithfully reproduced. So I would like to leave a suggestion for you to make an effort to introduce them even if in an optional way as already suggested in this discussion topic as it would add a unique and incredible experience for a player who likes F1 and who plays for fun without the commitment to play online and compete in official tournaments, I find myself in the situation of writing this text because I understand that you should look more at the community since youtubers would not give this feedback to you since they don’t seem to care for the look of the game’s HUD and I see that this is something that should improve. If in the F1 Champioship Edition of 2007 you managed to reproduce the TV graphics realistically even with limitations (the time tower did not contain all the drivers) and it is highly acclaimed for that, I know that you at codemasters in 2020 can do it in a way that be perfect since the gameplay is very good but this great detail is missing.

i am totally with you odi1606...

but we can forget it - we are begging for 5 years to get the official tv graphics and de full driver tower, sector colors, etc... this NEEDS to be integrated in a official f1 game...

they love to ignore us (the community) because the "important" youtubers dont want it and call this "feature" unnecessesary...

but in the community forums there were lots of polls where more than 80% of all participants voted for yes...

Codemasters wants to make a need for speed arcade game with f1 cars - you see in features like splitscreen etc... this has nothing to do with f1 game lovers, who love something like a realistic f1 game...

i am so angry and disapointed because they ignored us this year the same as the last years...

WHY Codemasters???

• Like 1
  • Agree 1