Jump to content

PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

This is so lame and another wasted opportunity by codemasters... Each year they get our hopes up and then finally don‘t deliver. This has been one of the most wanted features for over 5 years and at least they could have made it optional. I‘m really disappointed and don‘t understand to be honest.

At the very least they could have expanded the list of drivers on the left or given us options of how many AI drivers we prefer to be shown.

Official Broadcast UI has been confirmed by news sources and images a long time ago.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Official Broadcast UI has been confirmed by news sources and images a long time ago.

Not when you are actually racing. It‘s the same boring hud we‘ve had as seen in the videos from Hamburg. Maybe the „official broadcast UI“ is only used for the post-race screen. I hope it‘s at least in for the replays but I believe I’m better off not getting my hopes up for yet another vast disappointment...

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

Not when you are actually racing. It‘s the same boring hud we‘ve had as seen in the videos from Hamburg. Maybe the „official broadcast UI“ is only used for the post-race screen. I hope it‘s at least in for the replays but I believe I’m better off not getting my hopes up for yet another vast disappointment...

See HDR10's post for correction. It seems that I had been mislead somewhere and just wasn't particularly sharp myself.

Edited by UP100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, UP100 said:

We have pictures of it being in spectator mode as well. Broadcasting UI just does not work in normal gameplay without changes.

well, then it's only for the online people who watch league races but for the normal player - nope. And that's a real sad story. And who says it doesn't work in normal gameplay? For PC there are mods and the overlays work really fine. I have no problem with there being 20 drivers in a tower to the left but it gives me a better understanding of who is where during a race and how far behind. It even helps you in your pit strategy in regards to over- or undercuts. Only seeing the driver in front and behind me is not very helpful and sometimes misleading.

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i'll stop my work for f1 2018 and wait the release  of the game for the mod, because something surely change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UP100 said:

We have pictures of it being in spectator mode as well. Broadcasting UI just does not work in normal gameplay without changes.

Those pictures were both taken from F1 2018 footage, apparently. F1 2018 already had those broadcast graphics in spectator mode anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All hopes gone.........

I pray since F1 2016 that they'll do it...

OOFFF....... i can't understand it, even for the 10th year it would have been so epic...

 

I'm disappointed a lot... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps i'm way off here, but the HUD and TV Graphics you gents are referring to, are they not part of Sky Sports as opposed to part of the F1 organisation? Perhaps a licensing issue with SKY? I'm assuming F1 and Sky are completely independent from one another? Living in Canada the only SKY material i see is the F1 broadcasts, so maybe i'm out to lunch?....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OFFICIAL F1 BROADCAST HUD CONCEPT 

Qualifying started | Outlap | All 20 drivers on screen

266573706_Q117-44.thumb.png.1be9a2f1bf9229260443a356885ca7e3.png

5 Minutes to go | Ricciardo at risk | 4th lap | Leclerc is fastest

169371695_Q15-24.thumb.png.fd908c305c267802ee80a532c4b301c8.png

Time is over | Personal fastest sector 1 (green) | fastest in sector 2 (pink) | Ricciardo lost some time in S3 (yellow)
Example: Raikkonen personal fastest lap from 7th to 6th place (green box) | Grosjean lost a place (red box)

833836765_Q100-00.thumb.png.f70b5e5e2127405d6e1619d138288417.png

Race | Intervals between every car | Bottas has fastest lap (pink box Clock icon) | Animation Fastest Lap Bottas with sounds | Yellow Flag in Sector 2

683891600_RaceYellowFlag.thumb.png.3da933b528f37b8776e2da612f755ee3.png

Leclerc (Leader) is in the official lap 45 of the race (big lap box) | Ricciardo personal lap counter with lap times (sectors too) on the Right hand side

Race.thumb.png.3dc2ab4a1fd640f20575f361c621e58f.png

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I get to see mock ups of how people think the HUD should resemble the TV broadcast style I get as angry as the people demanding this to be in the game. Have you people ever heard of screen clutter?

Why even have the car and the track in the image, There Is probably some more data that can fill the screen so we don't have to see the car and the track anymore. 

If we are doing our best to get on our screens exactly what we see on television, why not add some shots of the audience whilst you're driving. That will surely break the immersion. :classic_blink:

I could imagine using design choices of the broadcast style but just tacking on the same elements as we see on TV makes my stomach turn.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FIE said:

OFFICIAL F1 BROADCAST HUD CONCEPT 

Qualifying started | Outlap | All 20 drivers on screen

266573706_Q117-44.thumb.png.1be9a2f1bf9229260443a356885ca7e3.png

5 Minutes to go | Ricciardo at risk | 4th lap | Leclerc is fastest

169371695_Q15-24.thumb.png.fd908c305c267802ee80a532c4b301c8.png

Time is over | Personal fastest sector 1 (green) | fastest in sector 2 (pink) | Ricciardo lost some time in S3 (yellow)
Example: Raikkonen personal fastest lap from 7th to 6th place (green box) | Grosjean lost a place (red box)

833836765_Q100-00.thumb.png.f70b5e5e2127405d6e1619d138288417.png

Race | Intervals between every car | Bottas has fastest lap (pink box Clock icon) | Animation Fastest Lap Bottas with sounds | Yellow Flag in Sector 2

683891600_RaceYellowFlag.thumb.png.3da933b528f37b8776e2da612f755ee3.png

Leclerc (Leader) is in the official lap 45 of the race (big lap box) | Ricciardo personal lap counter with lap times (sectors too) on the Right hand side

Race.thumb.png.3dc2ab4a1fd640f20575f361c621e58f.png

 

 

Looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, FIE said:

OFFICIAL F1 BROADCAST HUD CONCEPT 

Qualifying started | Outlap | All 20 drivers on screen

266573706_Q117-44.thumb.png.1be9a2f1bf9229260443a356885ca7e3.png

5 Minutes to go | Ricciardo at risk | 4th lap | Leclerc is fastest

169371695_Q15-24.thumb.png.fd908c305c267802ee80a532c4b301c8.png

Time is over | Personal fastest sector 1 (green) | fastest in sector 2 (pink) | Ricciardo lost some time in S3 (yellow)
Example: Raikkonen personal fastest lap from 7th to 6th place (green box) | Grosjean lost a place (red box)

833836765_Q100-00.thumb.png.f70b5e5e2127405d6e1619d138288417.png

Race | Intervals between every car | Bottas has fastest lap (pink box Clock icon) | Animation Fastest Lap Bottas with sounds | Yellow Flag in Sector 2

683891600_RaceYellowFlag.thumb.png.3da933b528f37b8776e2da612f755ee3.png

Leclerc (Leader) is in the official lap 45 of the race (big lap box) | Ricciardo personal lap counter with lap times (sectors too) on the Right hand side

Race.thumb.png.3dc2ab4a1fd640f20575f361c621e58f.png

 

 

Yep.

it's my WIP.

in Q i miss something same as best lap and lap number  ,  the personal best lap in green and the Pos Number withe/gray caused by in lap or in pit, but it's not a problem

my big problem is to add the DRIVER AT RISK box , yellow flag and the 2 box for the elimination pilot and the different column type, with laptime and without laptime, so symply the extended right column visible or not 

other things are all done for the 2018

the video of the project is up.

 

for the race it's more diffucult.

 

i've done the same thing.

left column with distance between cars, and external box with distance from car in front and car behind that is updated at every sector.

the problem is that something the data are updated wrong so rarely you can see wrong time distance, but it became correctly ater the lap.

 

 

Edited by Oasis81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Why even have the car and the track in the image, There Is probably some more data that can fill the screen so we don't have to see the car and the track anymore. 

I guess you're my opposite:classic_biggrin:

When trackmap plugin was working in rF2 I used to race with A LOT of info on the screen, and I do the same with AC😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The official HUD should be optional. If someone don't like to have all 20 drivers and other graphics, then you can turn it off. Very easy...
But for me it's important to know what is going on on track with all the drivers. 

Edited by FIE
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want the official HUD from the 2017 season, not the 2019 version.


PLEASE dont include the official HUD from this season!

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But is there no one that can make a stylish mock up of a HUD we have never seen before? Not what we see on TV, not what we see in the Codemasters series, not what we see in any other racing game. 

My biggest problem with the the TV broadcast style is that it is what we get on TV. It's just that. Aren't there more efficient and stylish ways to get the driver information and other data whilst not covering 1/3 of the screen?  The people that designed the TV broadcast style are good but they are not the best in the world so anyone can improve on that. 

What I would like to see as HUD is a total new HUD that is F1 themed but is not an exact copy from what we see on TV. Let's call it another optional HUD. So you have classic (the original codemasters HUD), TV broadcast style (the one where you can't see anything of the track anymore, yes the popular one) and a real NEW F1 themed HUD. 

The Halo HUD for example has very nice design choices. And it is made to resemble a racing HUD. those graphics I like way much more than the normal UI used on TV

Edited by BelgiumDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, insomniac287 said:

i want the official HUD from the 2017 season, not the 2019 version.


PLEASE dont include the official HUD from this season!

Amen to that! The 'new' graphics don't convey sufficient or accurate information most of the time, they are absymal. Just like the fake beeps over the start lights, the annoying stopwatch noise in the pitstops, etc. 

Don't get me started on the 'themes' during the formation lap and at the finish. You can keep your Yank razzmatazz, Liberty. Not required.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

But is there no one that can make a stylish mock up of a HUD we have never seen before? Not what we see on TV, not what we see in the Codemasters series, not what we see in any other racing game. 

My biggest problem with the the TV broadcast style is that it is what we get on TV. It's just that. Aren't there more efficient and stylish ways to get the driver information and other data whilst not covering 1/3 of the screen?  The people that designed the TV broadcast style are good but they are not the best in the world so anyone can improve on that. 

What I would like to see as HUD is a total new HUD that is F1 themed but is not an exact copy from what we see on TV. Let's call it another optional HUD. So you have classic (the original codemasters HUD), TV broadcast style (the one where you can't see anything of the track anymore, yes the popular one) and a real NEW F1 themed HUD. 

The Halo HUD for example has very nice design choices. And it is made to resemble a racing HUD. those graphics I like way much more than the normal UI used on TV

It's an official game 😉
So the graphics should be like in TV

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There was a video on youtube about that f1 2019 will have the official hud posted by Maxime MXM. An insider girl who had the opportunity to test the f1 2019 on the fridays release. It would be mega, hope she is right.

 

Edited by weltmeister2211
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t think we’ll see the full TV style hud for gameplay, more a reworked version of Codemasters own one that “kind of” replicates the official style, but remains quite minimal. 

I’m guessing for replays and the post race results screen it will be a lot more closer to the official tv style though.

Edited by stephensmattlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meain it might just me bbut i dont want the tv graphics to be in the game, they take so much screen place and makes you go blind on corners

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

I meain it might just me bbut i dont want the tv graphics to be in the game, they take so much screen place and makes you go blind on corners

But thats the point why it should be optional! How many information do you want to get on your screen? So choose your HUD setup in a menu. Something like the HUD should be much more individually. For me it's important to know what is going on with all the other drivers out on track. I want to know who is leading? Who is last?. Actually we just get the position ahead and behind and this is far too little. My race isn't just against the one driver ahead or behind me. I want to get an overview of all current tyres, so I can think about my strategy. Where will be my position after a pit stop? I take one view at the official graphics and the gap too all drivers. My race engineer do not get the important information to me. Another example: We dont have a full time clock in Practice and Qualifying. I can't balance my longrun, if I do not know how many time is left. Actually we just get a 5 minutes countdown to the end of a session and THIS IS FAR TOO LITTLE. The HUD by Codemasters is not up to date anymore. It looks year by year similar. It's not enough just to update the official font Codemasters. We want the official HUD since 5 years! The official graphics are a part of Formula 1. It's an official game. It looks realistic if we get them. Everyone knows that we can't get all the graphics from broadcasting, as some of them just for the spectator. But I dont need a bad replica by Codemasters which do not give enough information. But it is a duty to have the official full time clock shown in P1 / P2 / P3 / Q1 / Q2 and Q3 and lap counter. Position tower with all 20 drivers (optional how many we want to displayed). Graphics like fastest lap, track records, race control etc. Just look at the concept screenshots. It's so cool to see mine and those of others three letters of names in the official graphics. If you play online, just type in your three letters and a complete new name you want to use in multiplayer.  

Edited by FIE
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but then I prefer a refreshed HUD with influences of the Broadcast TV style instead of that big chunk. There should be a much better way to get that information in a HUD that is more minimal en stylish instead of the TV graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard that we have the F1 brodcast Branding in F1 2019 this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×