PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

On 5/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, weltmeister2211 said:

There was a video on youtube about that f1 2019 will have the official hud posted by Maxime MXM. An insider girl who had the opportunity to test the f1 2019 on the fridays release. It would be mega, hope she is right.

yea i seen that video today and i sent her a message about it and her reply was she saw a screenshot of it from the hamburg event 

As a commentator on league racing the up to date HUD on broadcasts would be brilliant. 

However those saying they want the graphics when out on track, that is, IMO, silly. The screen clutter would be crazy and take up huge amounts of screen area that would normally be used to see who is alongside etc. I don't even see the point of that being optional tbh as that much would, again, be too much on screen at once. 

What we have just now I think works well, maybe a bit of spit and polish as they say to make it look good but the full tv HUD while driving, no thanks.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, scotty99 said:

yea i seen that video today and i sent her a message about it and her reply was she saw a screenshot of it from the hamburg event 

Yeah, it would be nice and all, and i really hope the official HUD is coming (with some adjustments to not have your left screen full) . But i think she's wrong and not understood the messages about the official HUD. I bet they are implementing the fonts and all that into a HUD, but that the HUD still is Codemasters design. Also the menu will be more Liberty media like. What i do believe is that the broadcasting at the start of the race (grid presentation etc) would be the same as in real life, just like previous years (but with grid presentation with real pictures). Gameplay video's also are not showing some 'official' HUD. So i doubt that it will change in this short notice near release day.

So long story short. My opinion. I think that there's a HUD coming inspired on the official broadcasting design.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andy81287yt said:

As a commentator on league racing the up to date HUD on broadcasts would be brilliant. 

However those saying they want the graphics when out on track, that is, IMO, silly. The screen clutter would be crazy and take up huge amounts of screen area that would normally be used to see who is alongside etc. I don't even see the point of that being optional tbh as that much would, again, be too much on screen at once. 

What we have just now I think works well, maybe a bit of spit and polish as they say to make it look good but the full tv HUD while driving, no thanks.

I disagree. The tower to the left leaves a lot of space left on the screen as it covers not even 10%. But it gives you all the information you NEED to know when on track (gap to all other drivers (which is important to over- and undercuts), who's leading, who's last, who's currently holding the fastest lap (very important in the championship since it awards 1 point). For me it is a MUST have!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

I disagree. The tower to the left leaves a lot of space left on the screen as it covers not even 10%. But it gives you all the information you NEED to know when on track (gap to all other drivers (which is important to over- and undercuts), who's leading, who's last, who's currently holding the fastest lap (very important in the championship since it awards 1 point). For me it is a MUST have!

While I agree that the real life TV graphics would look nice in the game and that it would give us some great info, it would require that the car is all the way to the right, which would leave no room for the car management section during the race - the part where you manage ERS, fuel mix, etc. It would overlap with the car, even more so than it already does. It would almost go over the driver's helmet/steering wheel.

This is one thing I never see in these mock screenshots. 

5 hours ago, HDR10 said:

While I agree that the real life TV graphics would look nice in the game and that it would give us some great info, it would require that the car is all the way to the right, which would leave no room for the car management section during the race - the part where you manage ERS, fuel mix, etc. It would overlap with the car, even more so than it already does. It would almost go over the driver's helmet/steering wheel.

This is one thing I never see in these mock screenshots. 

The hud can be minimized in the standard mode of codemasters or full mode.

48 minutes ago, Trovos said:

The hud can be minimized in the standard mode of codemasters or full mode.

Where do you know from?

21 hours ago, Andy81287yt said:

I really don't get either why gamers want to see the same clutter as they see on TV. The TV broadcast style is made to make new viewers of the sport easier to follow the race. It's not made to make pilots get all the info they need; When technology finally reaches the point where drivers get a HUD projected on their visor that HUD will look nothing like the TVBS. It probably will look more like the codemasters HUD than the TVBS we see today. I wish someone on this forum that is good at graphics design and UI could make a HUD ideal for racers instead of tacking some graphics on the screen to make it look like you are spectating instead of racing Formula 1. I can understand you need more data on your screen but there are much better ways to get that info into a HUD than copying the same thing that is meant for new viewers who don't understand what is going on at the track just by looking at the cars

I'm sure someone is going to complain that the logo from their TV network is missing in the right upper side :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 5/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, Heinos said:

Yeah, it would be nice and all, and i really hope the official HUD is coming (with some adjustments to not have your left screen full) . But i think she's wrong and not understood the messages about the official HUD. I bet they are implementing the fonts and all that into a HUD, but that the HUD still is Codemasters design. Also the menu will be more Liberty media like. What i do believe is that the broadcasting at the start of the race (grid presentation etc) would be the same as in real life, just like previous years (but with grid presentation with real pictures). Gameplay video's also are not showing some 'official' HUD. So i doubt that it will change in this short notice near release day.

So long story short. My opinion. I think that there's a HUD coming inspired on the official broadcasting design.

yea and i did read that it has the official F1 broadcast Branding 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotty99 said:

yea and i did read that it has the official F1 broadcast Branding

Yeah. There are pictures of the screen on the background during the presentation. And you see indeed Official broadcast. But i bet it would be everything around it except during the race.
But hey, we are going to see it! I hope i am wrong! 😉

Make this game concept alive. 

image7024.thumb.png.e89528c8b31f463a23806c070ba80d5a.png

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

With all that garbage on the screen, and the wing mirrors covered up, why is online so dirty doesnt make any sence 😕 

• Agree 1

No thank you please. They already messed up the HUD in F1 2019 to make it more TV Broadcast style and I don't like it all. Get rid of the tv broadcast style and focus on a decent HUD from a drivers perspective.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

23 hours ago, FIE said:

image7024.thumb.png.e89528c8b31f463a23806c070ba80d5a.png

How realistic is that to a actual racing driver, looks more like Forza F1 2019

• Agree 3

On 5/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, FIE said:

Way too cluttered. But Would be cool for replays

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheTomatoes said:

Way too cluttered. But Would be cool for replays

I don't get this argument of being way too cluttered. Apart from the tower (I'd actually have a max of 5 positions showing), how is it any different to Codies design (fonts/graphics aside)? I mean it shows the same data as Codies just in a different font/graphic and even the tower is the 3 letter abbreviation rather than the full names they are currently using. Madness all in spite of not wanting it, lol!

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, martbloke said:

I don't get this argument of being way too cluttered. Apart from the tower (I'd actually have a max of 5 positions showing), how is it any different to Codies design (fonts/graphics aside)? I mean it shows the same data as Codies just in a different font/graphic and even the tower is the 3 letter abbreviation rather than the full names they are currently using. Madness all in spite of not wanting it, lol!

Welcome to Codemasters Forums, any type of realism request is met with Madness & Spite,

Having a opinion on here if it differs from the majority is not welcomed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, AScott said:

Welcome to Codemasters Forums, any type of realism request is met with Madness & Spite,

Having a opinion on here if it differs from the majority is not welcomed.

Oh I don't mind people having differing opinions but it's the illogical reasoning that baffles me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, martbloke said:

You don't see the screen clutter? How illogical is that! Why would you need a team radio message display? The only one speaking to you is your engineer. You don't FaceTime with other drivers during the race but for some illogical reason there is a team radio message display that is used for tv viewers to know who the team radio message is from. Why oh why is that team radio message display in the image?

And I think Codemasters messed up the HUD with all this oh-I-want-to-see-everything-the-same-like-on-tv-madness. The codemasters HUD is already becoming screen clutter. There is just no logical reason to have the same style as the TV broadcast. I heard comparisons with FIFA but in FIFA you actually get a view that is almost entirely the same as on TV. You are basically a supporter that can control his team. In F1 you are an individual driver you are not a viewer with godlike powers like in Fifa.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

You don't see the screen clutter? How illogical is that! Why would you need a team radio message display? The only one speaking to you is your engineer. You don't FaceTime with other drivers during the race but for some illogical reason there is a team radio message display that is used for tv viewers to know who the team radio message is from. Why oh why is that team radio message display in the image?

And I think Codemasters messed up the HUD with all this oh-I-want-to-see-everything-the-same-like-on-tv-madness. The codemasters HUD is already becoming screen clutter. There is just no logical reason to have the same style as the TV broadcast. I heard comparisons with FIFA but in FIFA you actually get a view that is almost entirely the same as on TV. You are basically a supporter that can control his team. In F1 you are an individual driver you are not a viewer with godlike powers like in Fifa.

I'll give you the radio message icon as that's not required but everything else is as Codies HUD and so it's no more clutter than that therefore the clutter excuse for not having the official graphics is illogical. Your argument is not about the official graphics it seems; more about reducing the HUD completely so for you there should be no argument ..... there are already options to remove what you don't want - sorted! 👍😜

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

I'll give you the radio message icon as that's not required but everything else is as Codies HUD and so it's no more clutter than that therefore the clutter excuse for not having the official graphics is illogical. Your argument is not about the official graphics it seems; more about reducing the HUD completely so for you there should be no argument ..... there are already options to remove what you don't want - sorted! 👍😜

Not really because after watching the new gameplay video's I feel forced to drive without the HUD. The new HUD elements codemasters used to please the TVBS fanboys are too big and look distracting. I need a HUD whilst racing but I don't want my screen to look like a pinball machine.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Not really because after watching the new gameplay video's I feel forced to drive without the HUD. The new HUD elements codemasters used to please the TVBS fanboys are too big and look distracting. I need a HUD whilst racing but I don't want my screen to look like a pinball machine.

So what HUD elements do you need then as an individual driver in the game? If you're gunning for realism then no HUD suits that.

I'm just intrigued to know where you're coming from to see what HUD elements are realistic for a driver and that do not make it 'godlike' yet are different to what Codies and the official broadcasting give.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1