PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

Well first I wanna explain "god like". In Fifa you control 11 characters in a view like you get on television. It looks like a soccer match on TV with the only difference that you get to decide the outcome of the match like some god that controls when Messi scores. Formula 1 games are not like that you get in the cockpit of one of the cars and that is where you will stay the entire time on track. You don't get replays of an attack of another driver or stuff like you see on TV. you can't say it's logical that it has to look the same as on TV because that's not what we get on our screens in contrast to Fifa were you get to see what you would see on TV. So it is logical for a game like Fifa to look like a TV broadcast.

What I need to see is the lap counter. I need to know who's in front and who's behind me and what types they run, the MSD and some indication of sector times. I also need the warnings. But I want it all to be as minimal as possible. I don't need them to have black backgrounds because to me that already is screen clutter. Make it translucent. I need as less distraction as possible but still get needed data. It's that simple. The whole TVBS BS has ruined that. Next time someone pitches an idea like that they should think twice :classic_dry:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Well first I wanna explain "god like". In Fifa you control 11 characters in a view like you get on television. It looks like a soccer match on TV with the only difference that you get to decide the outcome of the match like some god that controls when Messi scores. Formula 1 games are not like that you get in the cockpit of one of the cars and that is where you will stay the entire time on track. You don't get replays of an attack of another driver or stuff like you see on TV. you can't say it's logical that it has to look the same as on TV because that's not what we get on our screens in contrast to Fifa were you get to see what you would see on TV. So it is logical for a game like Fifa to look like a TV broadcast.

What I need to see is the lap counter. I need to know who's in front and who's behind me and what types they run, the MSD and some indication of sector times. I also need the warnings. But I want it all to be as minimal as possible. I don't need them to have black backgrounds because to me that already is screen clutter. Make it translucent. I need as less distraction as possible but still get needed data. It's that simple. The whole TVBS BS has ruined that. Next time someone pitches an idea like that they should think twice :classic_dry:

I'm sorry but what? I mean both games are the same thing. You control 11 players on the pitch to play the sport of football, you control 1 player in a car to play the sport of racing. You decide the outcomes in both as you are controlling the destiny of the player(s). The difference between the 2 is that F1 is a constant race with no real breaks whereas football has stoppages and so they can give a more broadcast feel by implementing replays. I don't remember replays being mentioned for F1 while in race we are talking HUD.

Anyways back to this game, what you're actually saying is you want the HUD but not the TV graphics! Gotcha. Long way around to it but got there in the end. So not so much a clutter issue but a distraction issue and so want a different design where it is effectively plain. That's a good enough arguement I guess. 

What I will say is that with a translucent design, you will probably find that a little more distracting as the colours of the HUD info will blend into the background and make it hard to read so you'll spend more time trying to read the info.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, martbloke said:

What I will say is that with a translucent design, you will probably find that a little more distracting as the colours of the HUD info will blend into the background and make it hard to read so you'll spend more time trying to read the info.

That depends on how much percentage is used.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, martbloke said:

I don't get this argument of being way too cluttered. Apart from the tower (I'd actually have a max of 5 positions showing), how is it any different to Codies design (fonts/graphics aside)? I mean it shows the same data as Codies just in a different font/graphic and even the tower is the 3 letter abbreviation rather than the full names they are currently using. Madness all in spite of not wanting it, lol!

This kind of information-dense HUD is useful when the point of view is exterior to the race and global (exactly what you need for TV), but not very pertinent from a driver point of view. Codemasters basically displayed the exact same infos that we see on your concept (apart from the race fastest lap-time, and I agree it should be added), but in a cleaner and lighter way, adapted to a racing game. They even added the tyre compound next to drivers names.

Now I agree that using the TV graphics during replay would be cool and pertinent, but I think the UI team has had enough work this year. Mods can easily do that.

Edited by TheTomatoes
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, TheTomatoes said:

This kind of information-dense HUD is useful when the point of view is exterior to the race and global (exactly what you need for TV), but not very pertinent from a driver point of view. Codemasters basically displayed the exact same infos that we see on your concept (apart from the race fastest lap-time, and I agree it should be added), but in a cleaner and lighter way, adapted to a racing game. They even added the tyre compound next to drivers names.

Now I agree that using the TV graphics during replay would be cool and pertinent, but I think the UI team has had enough work this year. Mods can easily do that.

Mods can yes .... for PC only. However, like I've said above, there really isn't a difference in the information displayed between Codies and the official graphics so I don't get the issue. It's just different graphics being used and longer names (which is only good for multiplayer but even then not necessary - can still have 3 letter abbreviations). I much prefer the presentation of the information in the official graphics.

If you're happy with Codies level of info, then what is the big difference? (note: I agree to not having full 20 positions and the radio icon).

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, TheTomatoes said:

Yeah whilst the graphics look OK on TV I didn't think they'd look too good on the game and based on what I'm seeing I feel that my opinion of that is spot on. Graphics wise else where is pretty good and if I was thinking of getting the game which I'm not atm that would definitely be a big plus point. I may pick it up later in a Steam sale or something later but I don't think I play the F1 games enough to warrant paying full price anymore and I still haven't finished career modes on any of the last 3 games and I want to at the very least finish one of those before I entertain any ideas of getting 2019. I must admit though that while the graphics in general are good the TV style HUD is working against it for me. I like the idea and the F2 bit as well but with everything I'm trying to do atm it's not something I'm going to get at launch at least anyway

Posted (edited)

It's enough! We saw some new gameplays and we have no official broadcast style again and again and again. Just the same sh*** as every year. It's enough. Honestly. It's one point of many other things that are wished by the community. The official broadcast style is wished since 5 years!. Give us the official broadast style ******* finally !!! It's unbelievable how long it takes time to understand what we want  Codemasters!!! We will annoy you until you understand what we want! Stop doing your own half-hearted HUD and graphics what has nothing to do with the official broadcast style graphics. Your HUD and graphics just a very bad replica. 

Here a list what we want since years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- The same cut scenes with boring graphics since 2015! What we want... 

2.thumb.png.3f4ee3adc8dd3e5dd16b3e3f882aabc1.png

- No official starting grid intro! What we want...

1.thumb.png.ad1a13153155b7c016e3087bfcac6bbb.png

- No official result graphics after every session! What we want... 

4.thumb.png.6cd752f3e17eaf036a854485da5a7917.png

5.thumb.png.7eff7a8e872cbed120cd2122cd0e621b.png

- No official broadcast style for spectator mode! What we want...

3.thumb.png.13d01cb30a28d013c43cd942cc723bb7.png

- No official graphics HUD! What we want...

6.thumb.png.66ae3ad10f62af7ca731638db177394b.png

Edited by FIE
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 4

I hope codies will never bring that hud ugh its terrible i cant imagine racing with that many things on screen

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

At least the position tower with all drivers (optional) should be in and the option to only display 3 main letters of each driver. This is a MUST

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

I hope codies will never bring that hud ugh its terrible i cant imagine racing with that many things on screen

Lol. Only additional "thing" on screen compared to what is currently there is the radio graphic. That I don't want on there nor the full tower (should be optional to how many positions you want shown), but aside from that, Codies current HUD is just as "cluttering".

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, martbloke said:

Lol. Only additional "thing" on screen compared to what is currently there is the radio graphic. That I don't want on there nor the full tower (should be optional to how many positions you want shown), but aside from that, Codies current HUD is just as "cluttering".

20 cars instead of 3, colorfull and bigger fl thing, more discracting sector shover and team radio. Not everyone plasys this game in a casual way, codies hud is just great maybe a bit too big but the its more simple then this so I'll go with codies one

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

3 hours ago, martbloke said:

Also i can easily say that you are a casual player, that 20 driver list on the left side makes you go blind into corners thus making your laptimes slower so stop crying about that its not gona happen

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

5 hours ago, Auryel27 said:

Also i can easily say that you are a casual player, that 20 driver list on the left side makes you go blind into corners thus making your laptimes slower so stop crying about that its not gona happen

Easily yeah? Well you are quite wrong. No casual player spends money on a decent wheel to play a game. I certainly am not a casual player. Nor am I a hardcore sim player that goes to the lengths of going all out for eSports. 

I certainly am not crying about it. I'd prefer the official graphics over Codies HUD for sure. I'm just laughing at the ridiculous excuse people give saying is too much clutter when Codies is just as bad. It's laughable. If anything you're the 1 crying about so it doesn't happen. If it's not going to happen then why keep arguing the point?? Haha

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Hi all

in general it would be nice to have this presentation style in replays and the ones by the end of the race or qualifying, but during the race it would annoy me.

I have everything switched off, in cockpit view you have normally all the details you need otherwise you can ask for.

As I just came back to F1 games I am still “impressed” what happened during the last years. My last one was F1 2010. I think on the PC modder should be able to create what you request, I remember back Grand Prix 3 times, it looked like on TV at the end 😄

But wasn`t there an information, that this year they bring this “official” presentation??

Anyhow, as I just bought F1 2018 5 weeks ago, I am more than happy with this game, remembers me back to the old days when I was addicted to GP2 & GP3 and then the EA Sports F1 games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

again, here is what would solve the problem and shouldn't be too difficult for Codemasters to make it work:

• allow us to choose how many drivers we want displayed in the position tower
  • make 3 letters of each driver instead of full name optional
  • allow us (in the settings) to display current gaps to other drivers permanently

I hope they get something done 🙂 

• Agree 6

13 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

again, here is what would solve the problem and shouldn't be too difficult for Codemasters to make it work:

• allow us to choose how many drivers we want displayed in the position tower
  • make 3 letters of each driver instead of full name optional
  • allow us (in the settings) to display current gaps to other drivers permanently

I hope they get something done 🙂 

Exactly, why do you have to please only side A or side B, which can please both? It does not make sense for them not to give us this option which, I believe, is not so hard to do.

• Agree 2

They're talking about customization, but they do not implement an official broadcast style HUD. Give us the Option to Setup our own official graphics! The official broadcast graphics aren't in the game. It's just a bad replica. Me and many other players want to have the official graphics and not the same **** as every year. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Concept Top 3 / Fastest Lap Driver / Car ahead - me - Car behind

image7024.thumb.png.3eb7d57661a195fe86f7d1f907c4ae5f.png

image7025.thumb.png.b57b30cdd6f970f15e430fa68f9ee344.png

image7026.thumb.png.8623b1939c515ec2ecd8c6e9d63f4e73.png

Edited by FIE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don't understand that HUD. What's up with the lap counter? it's there, then it's not because there is a yellow flag and then it's there again. Confusing. And what's with all the logo's? Why do the logo's need to be in there? It's waste of space. I really don't get why people want to see what they see on TV. Or is this more like a hobby where we need to pet you and say "good job boy"? :classic_cool:

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I don't understand that HUD. What's up with the lap counter? it's there, then it's not because there is a yellow flag and then it's there again. Confusing. And what's with all the logo's? Why do the logo's need to be in there? It's waste of space. I really don't get why people want to see what they see on TV. Or is this more like a hobby where we need to pet you and say "good job boy"? :classic_cool:

The lap counter is always there. Your own lap counter and your own fastest and current lap, delta and position information is in the box on the right hand side. The lap counter on the left hand side shows you in which lap the race / the leader is. In the same position you get the flags. In that concepts you can see much more Information about the race what is actually missing in the HUD by Codemasters. You can see the top 3 when you are outside the top 3, you can see the position from the fastest Driver, because it's important to get an overview about the driver who holds the fastest lap this year with the extra point and you can see your direct environment (car ahead / you / car behind).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, FIE said:

Concept Top 3 / Fastest Lap Driver / Car ahead - me - Car behind

image7024.thumb.png.3eb7d57661a195fe86f7d1f907c4ae5f.png

image7025.thumb.png.b57b30cdd6f970f15e430fa68f9ee344.png

image7026.thumb.png.8623b1939c515ec2ecd8c6e9d63f4e73.png

I like it! The 3 letter short name in the tower is neater than what we have currently. Like seeing the top 3 and fastest lap as well as the norm! Fastest lap is also cleaner than what I've seen in the YouTubers video. For some reason it's chunkier in the game than what is seen on TV. Few changes I'd make though:

1 - Don't think your driver name is needed in the top right....I know who I am, lol.

2 - I think Belgium makes a good point about the lap counter. You've done as irl when the yellows come out it replaces the lap counter but I'd have the lap counter on the right where the driver's name currently is so it's always displayed.

Apart from that I like it! 👍

32 minutes ago, martbloke said:

2 - I think Belgium makes a good point about the lap counter. You've done as irl when the yellows come out it replaces the lap counter but I'd have the lap counter on the right where the driver's name currently is so it's always displayed.

image7250.thumb.png.9e76518ca05d2d9f7fec15b057fd3e40.png

• Like 1

SPECTATOR MODE LIVE (CONCEPT F1 GAMES / WITH OFFICIAL BROADCAST STYLE)

image9633.thumb.png.4ea337b9b4ac735fabd312561d26b0ed.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

I like it! The 3 letter short name in the tower is neater than what we have currently. Like seeing the top 3 and fastest lap as well as the norm! Fastest lap is also cleaner than what I've seen in the YouTubers video. For some reason it's chunkier in the game than what is seen on TV. Few changes I'd make though:

1 - Don't think your driver name is needed in the top right....I know who I am, lol.

Apart from that I like it! 👍

Go buy your own F1 car/team and race that, problem solved. This is a game. Get over it! 👊

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 2