PETITION: OFFICIAL TV GRAPHICS FOR F1 2019

On 12/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @AllenB2609 @FIE,

I'm currently working on a major response for the forums on key topics, including this one. You could it a 'State of the Forums address' if you fancied giving it title.

Hopefully, it will give a lot of important information on the forums. I understand the frustration, but stay patient. I hope it will be worth the wait.

So when is your „major response“ going to drop? @BarryBL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

Veeeeeeeeeery curious too!
Feels very much like you're saying that to keep us quiet for a while... 

Codemasters, once again, doesn't look good here.. treating customers like this.  

And please don't say 'just be patient 🤪' We've been more than patient enough. 
Just put out what you have now! a month and a half is more than enough time to write your stuff.

and if the news isn't good.. tell us too. Stop with the lies. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 2

On 11/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, Bicarda said:

Sorry but i disagree. If you want to go e-sports and have the races commentated and broadcast and look like real f1, the least you can do is make the interface for spectators look like the interface for spectators on tv. 

You're very welcome to disagree, but then by definition you're not one of the people I was talking about. (Similarly, most of us don't care a jot about e-sports, either.)

Edited by scottishwildcat

On 12/29/2019 at 7:50 PM, AllenB2609 said:

...And the wait goes on...

You do yourself no favours @BarryBL

I sincerely hope codemasters can learn from SMS and be more communicative, my fear is that SMS will be dragged down to what's experienced here.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

...And the wait goes on...

You do yourself no favours @BarryBL

I sincerely hope codemasters can learn from SMS and be more communicative, my fear is that SMS will be dragged down to what's experienced here.

Barry did say that the response would be for the forums and therefore threads not the actual game itself so don't be getting excited about a patch or anything. Might just be the two new user mods we got or a new color scheme! 

✌️🤣😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Barry did say that the response would be for the forums and therefore threads not the actual game itself so don't be getting excited about a patch or anything. Might just be the two new user mods we got or a new color scheme! 

✌️🤣😎

Hi Sloppysmusic, as ever it's good to hear what you have to say. To clarify my position, I don't own the 19 game, and given its state I doubt I will ever bother to buy. I have had all the previous games in the series, which from 16 onwards, have been second hand copies purchased after all patches were released. I personally can't fund such a poor game, and don't get me started on microtransactions, although I guess I should be glad some folk buy in!

Maybe the move into microtransactions can fund improvements to the core game. Likwise the acquisition of SMS I hope can improve the physics and car tuning. My fear is SMS and Project Cars 3 will be dragged down to codemasters level.

Consequently my continued presence on the forum is to ascess the communities opinion of the game and codemasters response to bugs and issues. With that in mind I have no expectations beyond hoping that the quality of the game shows some drastic improvement. I also hope codemasters attitude to, and communication with its customers also improves. As an avid gamer and F1 fan I would sincerely love to see this series reach its potential, however given the trajectory in recent years this hope is just a glimmer I'm afraid to say. It seems my desire for a decent F1 simulation (if the game can at all be classed as simulation) will not be satisfied by codemasters.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Keep in mind there was a Holiday break and before posting anything a lot of people have to give the green light. That’s time consuming.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Keep in mind there was a Holiday break and before posting anything a lot of people have to give the green light. That’s time consuming.

For us more mortals that will be 3 bank holidays in the UK! There's been more days lost due to weekends than festivities since the BarryBL post.

• Agree 1

I’m mortal too mate, and just like you eagerly awaiting news. Being a moderator doesn’t mean I get all the inside information upfront.

3 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I’m mortal too mate, and just like you eagerly awaiting news. Being a moderator doesn’t mean I get all the inside information upfront.

And therein lies the communication problem. I never asked for your input, and you have no input other than a poor defence of BarryBL.

We are poorer than even a mushroom, at least the mushroom whilst kept in the dark, is fed ****.

I shall refrain from saying any more for the time being and go back to being an observer.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

And therein lies the communication problem. I never asked for your input, and you have no input other than a poor defence of BarryBL.

We are poorer than even a mushroom, at least the mushroom whilst kept in the dark, is fed ****.

I shall refrain from saying any more for the time being and go back to being an observer.

Hi chaste, appreciate the credit given earlier in this thread. I treat my 'role' here like an unofficial mod and therefore show respect to all kinds of posters, mainly Codies staff and mods, the 2 new user mods, and everyone else. I am of course 'everyone else' myself! 

Just wanted to say here that yes there are serious issues with the last game (I can't call it the current game anymore as the real life season is over and the next game is surely way higher in Codies priorities than 2019 will ever be again). 

I don't think it's fair though to criticize one of the user mods for Codies development and support issues. Codies employ Bazza (sorry SOMEONE had to call him that after all its an English based forum!) to liase with all of us lot, Bazza appoints 2 new user mods to help him filter out the amount of work so he can concentrate on getting info to the actual Codies team. Here one of the user mods, without an actual contract of employment and list of official duties, is replying to your post as an equal, admitting he's in the dark as much as you. I don't think its fair to jump on his post by saying he's part of the problem. If the problem is higher up and its clear you think it is I reckon you could at least tag Bazza (sorry I'm not stopping this now!) and say you don't agree with his idea of using 2 non staff members with no insider info as mods. 

As always i believe in attacking the ball not the player holding or kicking it! 

We all make mistakes when we are worked up or emotional about something we have passion for, and I have full confidence both new mods are with us entirely in wanting a better game. I don't think they should be knocked when giving a friendly reply (called you mate!) even if it does not advance the issues in this thread. 

I think it's important to recognize when a mod is being a mod or just being a player. It's not their fault every post they make is highlighted in blue. I think red might be more appropriate if there has to be a color tbh! 

🤔😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Agree 1

Dont see how the official mod makes the game better although theres more official bits and bobs in the new one for example the 3 sector colours under the delta.

It would be nice to have even a codied version of the on screen graphics when watching the monitor in practise qualy or post race replays.

Appreciate other people want this but the game has deeper issuesm

Hi everyone, 

Firstly, address the major issue first 😛, @TheEmpireWasRight- Bazza is cool, I'm happy with that. I've been called a lot worse before in my life, I'll take it 👍

To provide an update of sorts, we are continuing to work with the appropriate bodies to improve our UI. With this subject, it is very much a balancing act:

•  To provide as much information and accuracy to real-life as possible, but also not to crowd out the screen so it compromises the game. 
  •  As it is a game, we also have to have some additions to the display that real-life doesn't have/need to make the game enjoyable and engaging. The MFD- imagine if we took it off for example. We wouldn't know our engine wear, tyre wear, remaining fuel etc. Teams of people know that from the pit wall in real life with live analysis and data. For the game, we have data where we have to communicate all that information in a way that is easy to understand to users both experienced in racing games, and complete newcomers. The formatting on that, logically, would have to be different as we have (some) different information to show and a different audience to cater for.

However, from a fans perspective, I can see why some subtle additions would add immersion (and would just look good) . We are working with the relevant people to continue to refine and improve our UI for real-life immersion and in-game playability for future titles.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone, 

Firstly, address the major issue first 😛, @TheEmpireWasRight- Bazza is cool, I'm happy with that. I've been called a lot worse before in my life, I'll take it 👍

To provide an update of sorts, we are continuing to work with the appropriate bodies to improve our UI. With this subject, it is very much a balancing act:

•  To provide as much information and accuracy to real-life as possible, but also not to crowd out the screen so it compromises the game. 
  •  As it is a game, we also have to have some additions to the display that real-life doesn't have/need to make the game enjoyable and engaging. The MFD- imagine if we took it off for example. We wouldn't know our engine wear, tyre wear, remaining fuel etc. Teams of people know that from the pit wall in real life with live analysis and data. For the game, we have data where we have to communicate all that information in a way that is easy to understand to users both experienced in racing games, and complete newcomers. The formatting on that, logically, would have to be different as we have (some) different information to show and a different audience to cater for.

However, from a fans perspective, I can see why some subtle additions would add immersion (and would just look good) . We are working with the relevant people to continue to refine and improve our UI for real-life immersion and in-game playability for future titles.

Where lies the problem to not make a full positions HUD tower with all 20 drivers optional for the gamers that want to have it? Just make the HUD customizable so everyone can modify the HUD the way they like it... Allow us to choose from how many drivers we‘d like to be shown and if we prefer their full names of just the main 3 characters. And allow us to display constant time gaps. That would be a perfect solution for every gamer @BarryBL

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL can you implement a full positions HUD for replays in F1 2020? The replays are boring and plain right now with no information at all. A real life positions hud would look so good for replays and would make so much sense!

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

@BarryBL can you implement a full positions HUD for replays in F1 2020? The replays are boring and plain right now with no information at all. A real life positions hud would look so good for replays and would make so much sense!

In particular a full position HUD is needed to make Qualifying more exciting in the game. I would like to know who the driver at risk is, what drivers are currently out. I need much more official graphics for information and it's a cool style of realism. Replay / Highlights are pretty boring without official graphics. There is more potential with official broadcast graphics and in F1 2019 was a lot good stuff missing.  

• Agree 3

On 5/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, martbloke said:

So what HUD elements do you need then as an individual driver in the game? If you're gunning for realism then no HUD suits that.

I'm just intrigued to know where you're coming from to see what HUD elements are realistic for a driver and that do not make it 'godlike' yet are different to what Codies and the official broadcasting give.

The Spectator graphics for tv should be used mainly in spectating.. for streaming and stuff. 
That is what they are made for after all. While driving imo you should be able to make it as minimalistic as possible (in addition to being able to turn them off of course)
Although if you want the tv graphics there too then why not? Power to the people right? why restrict your game. 

I think it's really weird that while driving you get a huge FASTEST LAP thing in the middle of the screen when some dude in p17 just pitted for softs cause he doesn't know what else to do with his life but hope for a safety car, While the spectators have to look really hard at the bottom of the screen for information like that to come up. Penalties too should be more clear for spectators (And in addition they should be visible next to the intervals) 

BUT F1 is gonna play and stream the game tomorrow... And the whole world is gonna see how ill-suited this game is for streaming right now (the invisible penalties are gonna ruin everything) 
On top of the wondrous sight that will be doing anything semi-official not on lan.. 

• Like 1