Sign in to follow this  

how long will it take before the patch comes out

Here's a fact, updates are made and released on a very wide scale, for app's, programs, software, etc so on, and guaranteed at some point along the line , one of these updates, no matter what it's for, results in an app, program, or software crashing, or having some issue which we ignore. But when it comes to this, we get all upset, and bear in mind, we pay money for those app's , that software, or that program in the same way, yet we don't complain half as much as we do here on this subject. My question is why??? 

Maybe its not just the crashing thats the issue. Maybe its how the customer perceives the urgency and care applied to its resolve that makes the difference.
Plus on software, we have a choice whether or not we apply updates and patches. On Xbox we are forced to download it or we cannot play the game. Then when we do the game no longer works.
Minor issues can be ignored or worked around. Consoles freezing after one race is not a minor issue, it's a deal breaker.

I agree with you there, fair points made. The point alongside that then is, I guess, without an Xbox update, we can't play games, we don't get a choice. We get a choice with programs and software, but if we don't update, we are then open to security threats. We still choose to play specific games, or use specific software, in one case we get annoyed over game updates when an error occurs, but with software we turn our backs on it when we get an error. Both cases have a significant consequence, but the reactions seperated are 2 completely different things.

Codemasters could you please release the current patch onto the PS3.   I feel part of your community is not getting the full Codemasters experience.   

Its leading to a cloud of smugness over part of the forum.  

We got the same patch as 360 did a couple days afterwards.

D4ZZL4R said:
Here's a fact, updates are made and released on a very wide scale, for app's, programs, software, etc so on, and guaranteed at some point along the line , one of these updates, no matter what it's for, results in an app, program, or software crashing, or having some issue which we ignore. But when it comes to this, we get all upset, and bear in mind, we pay money for those app's , that software, or that program in the same way, yet we don't complain half as much as we do here on this subject. My question is why??? 
Agree, take COD Advanced Warfare on PC, in this instance it works (ish) but pre release it was touted as having dedicated servers to the media and everyone bought into it, as it transpires it doesn't have dedicated servers but shite old peer to peer matchmaking, the PC community is up in arms and very angry and rightly so.

You go onto the official COD forum and vent your anger and you are immediately either censored or banned for any bad publicity about the game, I know this because my polite post about the game being not as described got me an instant perma ban!!

At least you can come on these forums and vent in the knowledge you are not going to be censored or banned for it (unless you are really out of order) and maybe this is why we see more of this type of venting on here as Codemasters allow criticism whether it be constructive or otherwise whereas other forums would just shut you up.

I honestly do believe that the feedback on this forum can only help to make future games better and even though there has been a 'cock up' with the patch they are working to resolve it.

You also have to realise this game is on 3 platforms and 2 of those are happy, also the people that do post on these forums are a small majority of the total GAS population so it seems all blown out of proportion.

While I do feel for the Xbox owners who are suffering and not getting the same experience as other platforms it does seem to be a bit of a whingefest sometimes, although rightly so if the game doesn't work and you have paid for it, but it keeps going on and on, as said before it will not get the game fixed any quicker.

Sit back, chill and play something that does work for a while until it is fixed is all I can recommend because getting stressed and coming on here ranting just makes people look like a childish ranting tool and it achieves nothing.

As the wise old Buddha didn't say 'Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die'

Peace :-)

Everybody have good point here. You can be silent but yet you can't be in a uproar at the same time. It's been over a month since this has happend. And i know alot you people are frustrated about it. But i real gamer will just fight it to the end. Still complains but still play thr game. And the people who stopped Bc of the issue. Just wanna play to show people therr better then that person. And the people who are still playing. Well just say we play Bc it's FUN to play and just wanna race no matter what's going on. 
But in all honestly this new update may fix the problem. But what will this patch 4 provide us thoe. Will it provide us ore problem like patch 3 did. Or will it provide us game time like patch 2 did but still people moan and groan about it and force a patch to fix something that wasn't broke. 
But i guess we will see what happens then

Keeping cool, and letting that anger die down, allows us to think with reason. Patience is important. Hopefully this will added fix, will be the last. God bless people. Take it easy : )

D4ZZL4R said:
Keeping cool, and letting that anger die down, allows us to think with reason. Patience is important. Hopefully this will added fix, will be the last. God bless people. Take it easy : )

Are you my therapist? 'Im not paying you for that theropy lesson  lol

No!!!!!!
Some of us are on here to bring a level of understanding to a situation that has/has had, many angered and frustrated. And seeing that , trying to calm it down. Some take notice, some respond as a child, Some get offended, such is life!!!.

Thanks for the post supercharger and meatabolic. Some very Influential stuff. Especially on the call of duty forums code of conduct.