Sign in to follow this  

how long will it take before the patch comes out

In due time. However, the consistent whining and asking of the same questions regarding the patch makes me think you guys don't deserve it.

In due time. However, the consistent whining and asking of the same questions regarding the patch makes me think you guys don't deserve it.
So you'd be completely silent on the issue if you were in our shoes?  Good for you.  That attitude is why developers (not just CM) get away with selling tat and why the quality of games continues to decrease.  Personally I expect more from the products I buy.

If you don't like the whining, don't read the thread.

Is the patch out yet? 

@Loore Amphydoodle's post seems a little argumentative, is he trolling or just trying to start an argument? 

I'm not trying to cause a argument but you play pc, we play consoles, the big issue is that we console users have to wait months for patches unlike you who have to wait a max amount a couple of weeks and in good cases a few days.... 

I don't really think we deserve a long wait because we show our disappointment, its only natural to be disappointed by this and we have a right to complain or ask questions on the matter. 

I say 1 day because im a hopeless optimist!

So you'd be completely silent on the issue if you were in our shoes?  Good for you.  That attitude is why developers (not just CM) get away with selling tat and why the quality of games continues to decrease.  Personally I expect more from the products I buy.

Either way, you'd be in the same boat. It's not like CM is going to push harder for anything because of a few posts on this forum. Silence or not, we already know these things take time, and whether you think it's because they're truly working on it, or because you think they don't care, you have no choice but to wait. 

Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm on PS3, my opinion is invalid. 

TUSMBOX said:
Silence or not, we already know these things take time, and whether you think it's because they're truly working on it, or because you think they don't care, you have no choice but to wait. 
Very true, therein lies the problem.
I feel like I've put a £50 deposit towards development on a game that might work one day.
Moreover where is THE APOLOGY ??

TUSMBOX said:
Either way, you'd be in the same boat. It's not like CM is going to push harder for anything because of a few posts on this forum. 
Careful mate, you just nearly accused CM of ignoring the needs of its customers.

Up middle finger to the trolling, the answer to the patch release is simple , IT WILL COME OUT WHEN ITS B****** WELL READY!!!!

Now the cars in grid race well, one minor tweak the wrong way on the tuning, and it can separate your lap times by up to 2 maybe 3 seconds. I see project cars there, and great for the next gen machine. We on ps3/xbox/ and pc have a damn good simulator right here. It maybe wise to pull the positives from the game, there are many, instead of the repetitive complaining, and questioning on this patch release. (nothing we say will make it arrive any faster.)

TUSMBOX said:

Either way, you'd be in the same boat. It's not like CM is going to push harder for anything because of a few posts on this forum. Silence or not, we already know these things take time, and whether you think it's because they're truly working on it, or because you think they don't care, you have no choice but to wait. 

Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm on PS3, my opinion is invalid. 
I totally agree, we would be in the same boat but..... people are annoyed about this.  We've only had 4 weeks where this game has worked properly, and having a moan doesn't hurt anyone and makes us feel better lol.

Personally, I believe they are working on it.  I also believe that they didn't set out to sell us a "broken" game and assuming they have pride in their work (which I think they do) I'm sure they're upset abut it.  However, until they sort it out the moaning will continue.  

For someone to say that our "whining" makes them think we don't deserve a patch is antagonistic and imo immature and selfish.  They're were lots of complaints about the omission of the rear view mirror... mirrors don't bother me (being female I only use them to put my lippy on anyhows lol) but I wouldn't have criticised the people who complained about it, I just steered clear of the thread as it didn't concern me. 

In respect of this issue I've tried to keep my comments within the "GAS Freezing" thread but if other people want to make comments elsewhere that's up to them. 

Finally, please don't come back and start an argument with me... a) I'm not having a go a you in anyway, you have a valid point and b) I can't bothered lol :)

It's okay, in the past there was a snide or otherwise completely unnecessary post on X topic about freezing. And then the occasional jab or joke about it as well. No, I'm not abusing anybody. I wouldn't be silent either, but if you expect that whining constantly after they already have notice of the problem is going to help, you're fairly incorrect and undeserving of attention.

And to you, Blink, I never said you deserve to wait because you're disappointed. I'm just stating that you're all basically being young children that constantly throw a fit and beg their mother until they get what they want. On the contrary, I think the complaining is very amusing, especially because everyone thinks it's going to get things done. Literally a thousand other things in the world to do, I'm sure all of you can satisfy yourselves until the game is in a playable state.

This subject, is based on a bad situation, so get that bad situation, and make the best out of it possible. Negativity is infectious. Positivity the same. Keep it simple, keep it real.

...the consistent whining and asking of the same questions regarding the patch makes me think you guys don't deserve it...

...you're all basically being young children that constantly throw a fit and beg their mother until they get what they want...

So it's not acceptable to repeatedly ask about updates & fixes for a game that is still broken 5 months after launch, but it is somehow acceptable to label those asking "whining, undeserving children throwing a fit?"

If you're not affected by the game's defects, then stop attacking & impeding those who are affected & are seeking timely solutions.

If you don't like the "complaining" on this forum, then stop blaming the affected customers and instead blame the source of the complaints: the company that sold such a defective game & still hasn't fixed it.

CodeMasters deserves nothing less than daily reminders that paying customers are still waiting on the delivery of a fully-functional game that was released 5 months ago.

It's okay, in the past there was a snide or otherwise completely unnecessary post on X topic about freezing. And then the occasional jab or joke about it as well. No, I'm not abusing anybody. I wouldn't be silent either, but if you expect that whining constantly after they already have notice of the problem is going to help, you're fairly incorrect and undeserving of attention.

And to you, Blink, I never said you deserve to wait because you're disappointed. I'm just stating that you're all basically being young children that constantly throw a fit and beg their mother until they get what they want. On the contrary, I think the complaining is very amusing, especially because everyone thinks it's going to get things done. Literally a thousand other things in the world to do, I'm sure all of you can satisfy yourselves until the game is in a playable state.
I certainly dont think complaining will get it done quicker, I do however think that complaining about this constantly will go a long to ensuring the next game they make will not have these issues in it, I betting they dont like to read about us complaining as mush as we dont like to write it.

Its quite simple really, if we dont complain then the next racing game might just be as bad because they only got good feedback, I want them to know that this is 100% unacceptable, I have defended CM many times over issues but this issue is just pure incompetence on their part, i mean you can only play this game for limited amount of time before you have to reset it, whether it be game progress, save progress or playing time.... it might as well be a demo version of grid autosport, I dont pay £40 for a demo version of a game sorry...

At the moment they are making new games for us, constantly complaining about these issues will ring in their ears for a while and they will ensure the games they are working on now will not have these issues in(hopefully)... they dont want all this negative feedback and i certainly dont want to write it. :)

My tomorrow prediction is still true, there's always a tomorrow xD

Hello blink....I'm sure cm are aware of the problem (lol). ( I think were all suffering from this game freeze and it is blatantly evident!!!) No matter how many times any one of us keeps reminding cm, the results wont happen until they are ready. Hello again supercharger. (Still saving for that gaming tower, thought that pile of cash isn't growing fast lol.)

Actually, we're disappointed customers who have paid £40+ for a game that has only worked properly for 4 weeks.  I'm pleased that you find it amusing... I'm sure you'd find it just as funny if you were in our position. 

For me, it's not so much the freezing that's the issue.... it's the consequences of the issue in that it has driven most of the players away.  These days you're lucky to find a full lobby.  Many people have stopped playing and I very much doubt they'll be back.  It's more or less killed the game in terms of online play on xbox.  If a fix had been given within a couple of weeks it might have been a different story but atm the game is dead.   I really enjoy this game and it has saddened me to see this happen. 

I agree with you fluke, on the migration of players from the game, as a result of unplayable multiplayer. The playlists are a ghost town. However, across most disciplines, you will find custom rooms running, and a huge catalogue of racers hitting the racenet challenge leaderboards. It is a damn good racing game, unfortunately let down by.... Well I need say no more.

Codemasters could you please release the current patch onto the PS3.   I feel part of your community is not getting the full Codemasters experience.   

Its leading to a cloud of smugness over part of the forum.  

500.000 credits, buys, let's see...drop off those frustrations, priceless. I hope you have all visited the latest patch list thread. Happy days!!!! 

D4ZZL4R said:
500.000 credits, buys, let's see...drop off those frustrations, priceless. I hope you have all visited the latest patch list thread. Happy days!!!! 

I envy your optimism lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: