Sign in to follow this  

Why TOUGE is out?

Andi said:
zenler said:
Tis a damn shame but at least we have super utes.
Even as an Australian I have no idea why they made it into the game, they are probably the closest thing to demolition derby I guess.  ;)
Seconded. I'm an Aussie and the only thing they do is make us look like a bunch of hicks. Hell the V8 Supercars already do that at times, though now with added diversity they are getting better. Still don't find them interesting to watch much, prefered the BTCC and DTM along with JGTC.

I do miss Touge though. It's a great discipline with Gymkhana like twists and insane reflexes needed for the racing. The main cars for it are already ingame so why not allow it?

Awong124 said:
I can't really think of any racing games where you race for a team like an actual professional, ...
The upcoming Project CARS - no.

What the **** are you on? The meat of Project CARS' single player is going to be built entirely around this. It's just not there yet because you know,
development priorities.

Loore said:
Drag racing is on proper strips, I believe over various lengths is what we're looking at but as of now everything is still TBC!

Sprint pack does have some point to point circuits in there. Touring car legends also has some new circuits.

All of the mini-expansions come with a good chunk of single player experience, estimated 3 hours ish for sprint pack and all the content can be used online as well.

They just might release a kind of Touge in the Sprint Pack DLC

Awong124 said:
I can't really think of any racing games where you race for a team like an actual professional, ...
The upcoming Project CARS - no.

What the **** are you on? The meat of Project CARS' single player is going to be built entirely around this. It's just not there yet because you know,
development priorities.

Well, seeing as I posted that over a month before WMD announced the career progression... The material released before then seemed to suggest otherwise.

Kaerar said:
Andi said:
zenler said:
Tis a damn shame but at least we have super utes.
Even as an Australian I have no idea why they made it into the game, they are probably the closest thing to demolition derby I guess.  ;)
Seconded. I'm an Aussie and the only thing they do is make us look like a bunch of hicks. Hell the V8 Supercars already do that at times, though now with added diversity they are getting better. Still don't find them interesting to watch much, prefered the BTCC and DTM along with JGTG.

You have some nerve considering yourself a hick! I live in America, better yet the South and in Virginia! Nascar Country! The never of some people to consider themselves a hick! Next week (on my birthday) is the 2nd Annual Mudsummer Classic, Nascar Truck race. And yes I am very excited about it and I love NASCAR!! The nerve of some people.... :p

Well most of Australia would be right up there with the hicks...

Personally I prefer racing which is tight with good competition and diversity. Technical excellence is also a must, however I look at NASCAR it always feels a good 2-3 decades behind every other series, despite the good money in it. V8 Supercars here was almost as bad, but has gotten a bit better in the last year or so. Still no BTCC, DTM or JGTC though.

@Kaerar yes as far a tech I think the V8's are further ahead as far as allowed technology goes. Nascar just started to allow EFI over carbs around 3 or 4 seasons ago. Then the engines jumped from 800+ hp to 850+ hp and the new bodied cars are still putting up new track records just about every week. Some tracks the cars are hitting 200+ mph avg laps now too. 

I agree the tech in both series of cars is behind a bit, but I love the door to door racing both series produce. I agree the BTCC,  & DTM's still have a tech advantage but IMHO the racing is not any better because of it. 

True the racing isn't that different from V8's (NASCAR has a very unique and IMO less entertaining racing event) but the advancement for the car companies that parent the teams is huge. They test out future tech and develop new ways to increase efficiency and performance that trickles down to road cars. Whereas the V8's and NASCAR are behind the basic tech in cars that you can buy from BMW, Mercedes etc...

I do like the racing of V8's this year, but it's still missing something for me. Definitely prefer the European and Japanese scenes.

It is sad you can't chose Touge, 1on1 racing or Checkpoint. But hey, this will be surely part of a DLC.

The thought of being Binned off the track by some bad racer then having a DQ for it to just isn't appealing at all, and @scottishwildcat, they have put point to point and drag races in so I don't think they intended on just circuit racing

The drag racing is very hard in my opinion, gona take some getting used to as I usually run touring cars, but racing down a 1 mile drag strip in a funny car.... Ouch haha. Good luck keeping it straight!!

Let's cut unique mode which is presented only in our game! Brilliant move!
It's really unfair put together GRID and GRID2 and threw touge out. Drag is pleasant surprise, no doubt, but touge was very fun too.

What next? Rally and raid in different Dirts? I hope Dirt team has better managers. 

l couldn't care less about touge. Unfair DQ's ruined the fun for me, plus if you 5 second someone early, you have to wait for everyone else to finish. Yes, I'm nitpicking. I just didn't see the point, when faceoffs were much better. You saw everyone's times at the end, so even though it's a 1v1, you're still indirectly competing with everyone in the lobby.
  • Disagree 1

Well I didn't know GRID games before. But I love Touge in GRID 2.

Actually, I think this is the only place in the game where you can see players skill.
Rather than idiotic races abusively drift-friendly where a 5 yo could beat anybody.

As a matter of fact, when I create Touge sessions,  full collision is on, and there's no flashback.

Which means, if you f*ck up just once, you already lost.
I like that kind of pressure in a racing game, and to me, it's the only way to "feel" like you're driving (isn't it the "goal" of many racing games afterall ?) .

I have no fun by smashing the accelerator the whole time on a circuit, thinking "meh I don't give a sh*t if I crash, I'll be back on track just like Mario Kart"

Also, I can't think of any other racing game with Touge races, which makes GRID 2 unique to me, knowing it's not included anymore kills the whole thing to me.

The only downside about Touge and GRID 2, it's the car choices, I'd like to see hot hatch from the 80/90 more than anything for this kind of races.

TOCA > Race Driver > GRID > ???

It's all the same series, just an evolution over time.

racrguy66 said:
@Loore since you are here, any word on 16 cars for touring legends DLC?
Nothing as of yet, I've just poked the team to give them a nudge.