Sign in to follow this  

Why TOUGE is out?

Is it some kind of CMs policy? To delete popular disciplines from their games? DERBY from GRID2, TOUGE from Autosport?
TOUGE was the most unique discipline I ever met in racing games. It shouldn't be forgotten!

Touge is a Japanese head-to-head race in two heats.  One car starts ahead in the first heat, the other starts in front in the second heat.  No contact, the overall win awarded to the shortest combined time.  Passing is permitted, but a large time penalty is imposed on the "aggressor" if there is contact.  Usually on a mountainous bit of public highway, one heat down the mountain, second heat on the same highway back up the mountain.  Pro Touge is in daylight on a closed road.  Night touge events are on open roads and include dodging traffic, and contact is permitted.  The roads are very curvy and considerable drifting is involved.

That's most of it, anyway.

Frank

Basically, very fast, very twisty, very close head to head racing with no contact aloud. It was brilliant on the original GRID.

@flowaangelz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtaikVcfVFQ

Touge is out because they’re doing 100% circuit racing
Did TOUGE mode in GRID1 make the game worse?

We have Forza, GT, Assetto Corsa, CARS... GRID1 and GRID2... All with circuits racing. It becomes boooring.

TOUGE and DERBY were cool in-between modes to rest from circuits and to renew emotions from them.

Diversity is one of the strong points of GRID and leaving Touge out of GRID A makes it less diverse.  Would be a more diverse game and more clearly a GRID sequel if Touge was in GRID A.  Unless Codies made up the diversity in other ways (?).

Frank

Touge online was a low point for me as my Australian Internet connection didn't allow for the best tight racing that touge deserves. It was an ok mode, I won't miss it but hopefully the time spent not refining it has helped progress something else.

It doesn't matter. The fact is that there are dozen games with circuits and only one with Touge. It was one of unique sides of GRID1. Now everything is back except of Touge

I think mate. It's not my favorite so for me personally I am happy it's gone. However, i enjoyed the hell out of Kaido Battle on ps2 ;)

Am I the only one who wants Touge back? Can't xx believe it!

I am afraid you are
Lastebreth !Nothing to hate about touge but its just not one of my favorite...
There are some bigger priorities like text chat spectate mode , proper penalty system etc..so...:-??

New to the game but ya the kind of off your head only in Japan race was ok. Maybe they could have made room for more of it.

Touge wasn't a bad idea but I hated the uphill runs. The downhill races were awesome but having to climb up sucked :D

Yes, bring back Touge!  Touge racers for sure aren't as numerous or vociferous as Derby fans or we would have heard more by now.  But I've always found the Touge events to be a great break from the prevailing more Euro/American racing.  It's loss is a serious chip off GRID's diversity foundation.  Since the first couple of career games I've played I skip Demo entirely and most of the Drift events, but I always go all out in Touge.

And where is Shibuya, entirely different but great fun?  Haven't heard anything about it yet.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

The reason touge is out is because people now a days dont want to go anywhere but rather turn around in circles.    :D