DiRT 4 PC Stuttering with wheel plugged in

Question

PC SPECS:
ASUS ROG Maximus X MB
i7 8700k @ 3.7
32 GB Ram
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
SSDs: Samsung 850 & 960 (500GB ea)

No overclocking, no funny business with BIOS, just a computer built and running flawlessly. Except for my favorite racing series of course. After dozens and dozens of hours of trying to solve this problem I have exhausted all routes that I see and think I might unfortunately be SOL, but hoping for a miracle :( Game USED to run just fine when I was on a much much much older setup (Same 1070 but with a old 2600k CPU). Built the new rig, which chews through anything I throw at it, including DiRT 4, but as soon as the Logitech G27 gets plugged in there is a stutter that appears every 5-10 seconds. Just the slightest graphical hitch but for racing.... it's just enough to ruin your braking point and send you off course. I've removed my internal USB hub without any luck, I've tested every single USB port I could. Tested without anything else plugged in but the wheel. reinstalled windows, updated every single driver you can imagine, tried every hard drive I had, double checked configs to make sure nothing was weird in there, verified files, tried running as admin, tried compatibility mode, tried full screen optimization, latest gaming profiler for logitech and older versions, tried this and that a million times and NOTHING has resolved it. Oh and temps are just fine. Loaded up AC and she's smooth as butter with the wheel plugged in. I'm at a loss for words.

Anyone have any ideas here? Or better yet can Codemasters help out!?! Literally begging at this point.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Bump... I'm having the exact same issue now in Dirt Rally 2.0. I'm actually specifically in the same boat as OP since I just upgraded my PC with a new mobo and CPU combo, and this is the first time I've seen this problem. Been using my G27 for years in Dirt games without a hitch, now this.

Old bug. Had it when i played Grid Autosport with my Fanatec wheel. Reported it but nobody cared ^^

Hello,

i have the same problem, here with the accuforce v2. Setup ist 9900k, win 10 version 1809 (everything is up to date) msi 2080 ti trio Viewsonic XG20703 G-sync Wqhd, 32gb ram, hero xi wifi and so on. Its the same with Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4. Every other racing game (e.g. Iracing,R3e, both assetto corsa titles and all the f1 titels are great and no issues). Also no issues or stuttering in all the other games... here in the dirt titles stutter every few seconds, by unplugging the wheel its ok...but you know - i need the wheel for the game. There are a lot of threads round the internet. But it doesnt help. Running in compatility win 7 or 8 modus not ok, as admin...and all the other solutions round the web.

is there any macigal setting which i can try. Because of this i have to refund. The game is great but mostly unplayable...with my old setup years ago, there were also no issues by these titles...i tryed everything like the first poster here. I understand you :-)

Best regards

Tobi

so i have found the issue, its a little bit wired but very easy. Only with plugging in my HE Sequential shifter and the plugging out. It works as it should, not stuttering, nothing. When i plug the shifter in again...then stuttering. how can we solve this....

So then restarting the game, the same error occurs, again while driving, pulling the shifter in and out, then it works. i can drive now without the shifter, pulling over the mouse cable or other devices doesnt help. Same procedere in Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4. Hm whats going on. I have no hubs and devices...every other game works. SO THERE MUST BE SOMETHING BEETWEN THE USB CONNECTIONS WITHIN the game by some users, not everyone has this problem. SO ONLY MY SHIFTER PULLING IN AND OUT solved the problem - on every new start 🙂

Edited by Tobi1234