F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Wheel Support for PS4 & XBox1

After going as far as signing a petition for Sony to support Logitech wheels and a lot of confusion as exactly who to complain to, I was wondering if CM has any intention of supporting Logitech wheels in your upcoming F1 game? Or can you help clarify what is exactly going on with wheel support for the PS4 and XBox1...cheers. I love F1 2014 with my G27 and hope to do the same with F1 2015!

PC only at the moment, Sony have done the dirty on us and blocked all but overpriced Thrustmasters - out of CM's hands completely.

Is there steering wheel support for Thrustmaster Fer 458 Spider and 458 TX in F1 2014 or previous F1 versions on Xbox One?

Well. If Mad Catz wheels reach the absolutely superior to everything else level of quality they do already with fighting sticks, then we should expect something equal if not superior to the thrustmaster wheels

We're not ready to announce a supported wheel list just yet guys. We'll get some info out in the new year.

Hatta said:
We're not ready to announce a supported wheel list just yet guys. We'll get some info out in the new year.
Well someone else Disagrees! Confirmation Mad Catz Pro will work on the next F1 game on xbox one!

https://twitter.com/theleemather/status/541723887365795840

I guess ppl have 2 options really if serious about racing games and play enough. Option 1 is get another wheel setup which will prob start from about £250 up to £1000 or get a pc for a simular price and then they can use there current wheels with that. I was angry at first as ive spent over £750 on my fanatec elite and formula rim which wont work on the new consoles so I was left with only buying a pc to continue using it :( I was lucky that fanatec announced the csw v2 just as I was about to get a pc so ordered that instead and now just using my elite until fanatec release the wheels for the new consoles and there is a racing game worth buying (Pcars pls) Its alot of money I know but for me I prob play 10-15 hrs a week so over a year the amount of hours I play more than makes it worth upgrading for me! I can see why some ppl think they have a wheel that works ok so why should they upgrade but if after a year they are not compatible then I cant anything changing on that front. Plus if there are about 5 wheels available now why would sony/microsoft let logitech/fanatec work without getting money in there pockets? Nothing is free these days and if someone can make some money they always will. Is that madcats the xone wheel they were making then or a 360 wheel? Guess there a chance for madcats wheel owners if that a 360 wheel. 

This is the mad catz wheel i was refering too (link below), but like you i am waiting for the fanatec wheel rims & wheel bases to be released for Xbox One as i already have fanatec pedals which will work with a new system base. 

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/specialty-controllers-category/Mad-Catz-Pro-Racing-Force-Feedback-Wheel-and-Pedals-for-Xbox-One.html