The F1 2018 DX12 Beta Discussion Thread [UPDATE - 06/12]

Question

[Update – 06/12]

Hi all,

Patch 1.15 with DX12 Beta should be live at around 1pm UK time (GMT). This update should mean that this version is now compatible with version 1.15 of the main game and your save games should now be working correctly.

We do have some patch notes for you, which you can find below. Please continue to use this thread for reporting any issues as usual, including any new issues you find with the latest patch. Thanks!

DX12 Beta - Patch 1.15 Notes;

General

• The mouse cursor should no longer remain visible
  • Graphical corruption should no longer be seen for Nvida graphics cards users

Windows 10 v1809

• You should now be able to go back to fullscreen after switching to windows mode
  • Lower resolutions than the monitors native one should no longer show the game in window mode
  • Frame rate should no longer be locked when using Gsync

[UPDATE – 03/12/2018]

Please note that the current DX12 Beta version is incompatible with Patch 1.15. If you wish to update to version 1.15 of the main game then you will be unable to play the DX12 Beta using your existing save. We are looking at updating the DX12 beta and will let you know as soon as possible as to when that will go live. Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Original Post]

Hi all and welcome to the F1 2018 DX12 Beta discussion thread.

You can find main The F1 2018 DX12 Beta post here, which has all the information about the beta.

Please report any issues to us in this thread below – especially if something’s happened in your game, something looks wrong, or you encounter something you hadn’t noticed in the standard (DX11) version of the game.

If we get numerous reports on the same issue then we may break these out into their own support thread to make issues easier to track.

When reporting something, please be sure to add your basic system specs in your post, so that you can help us identify issues with specific hardware configurations.

Great results!

Tested driver 18.12.1 Win10 17763.168

CPU i7-4790K@4GHz, 16MB DDR3-1866, 8GB RX580, Samsung 970Evo NVMe

Benchmark results AUS|Clear|Cyc 1920x1080 High preset TAA AFx16 FS V-SYNC On (AMD Freesync)
DX11beta AVG FPS 117 LOW 89 HIGH 143
DX12beta AVG FPS 127 (+8.5%) LOW 116 (+30.3%) HIGH 144 (Freesync / Display cap)

Hoo said:
@Qres, @steviejay69 - the load times are a little longer due to the extra setup that the renderer has to do. It shouldn't be a massive difference though. What sort of load times are you getting now compared to the DX11 version? 

From clicking the launch DX11 it's 24 seconds until the intro sequence starts (audio/visual cues, not including appearance of WORK IN PROGRESS banner). On DX12 it's 47 seconds.

I have an NVMe drive so it must be the renderer difference. @Hoo

Load times in DX12 1.15 are now the same / similar as in DX11, about 27 seconds.

Thanks for the update @steviejay69. This is certainly looking more positive!

Xbox one. Online ranking keeps dropping. I get to 2100+ then log off game then come back onling and see i am below 2000 why is this! Didnt happen until the new patch.

Ho3n3r said:
Has the "Work in Progress" pic been removed yet? It's a real immersion killer.
It's been asked before if it's a Steam thing or a Codemasters thing, it's still there. But the beta is public, so it's not an issue and it's a reminder that it isn't final code. Maybe it could stay there until the game exceeds community expectations? :)

Ho3n3r said:
Has the "Work in Progress" pic been removed yet? It's a real immersion killer.
It's been asked before if it's a Steam thing or a Codemasters thing, it's still there. But the beta is public, so it's not an issue and it's a reminder that it isn't final code. Maybe it could stay there until the game exceeds community expectations? :)

Just as I thought then, it will be there forever.

Just loaded up the DX 12 version and I cant get past the main menus... I get to the part where the track is showing and the theme music starts playing then it quits me to desktop. So I get through all the menus...picking team...picking track and when I say start the race I hear the theme music for a split second and all goes black..

Im running Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia RTX 2080
16Gb Ram
Windows 10 64 bit.

Just loaded up the DX 12 version and I cant get past the main menus... I get to the part where the track is showing and the theme music starts playing then it quits me to desktop. So I get through all the menus...picking team...picking track and when I say start the race I hear the theme music for a split second and all goes black..

Im running Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia RTX 2080
16Gb Ram
Windows 10 64 bit.

Nope..I fixed it..I went into the properties tab and verified the files....it downloaded some Microsoft update and its all good now.

There is annoying halo flickering on T-Cam in DX12 when selecting reverse gear. At the end of this clip.

https://youtu.be/quUTBHp1D9I

There's also differences between the branched beta builds and the public release.

All sorts of T300 (F1 Advanced) shifting issues and woolly steering with 2018_TTRS_3 driver on the DX12 branch and same on the DX11 branch. 2018_TTRS_2 is much better on the main public 1.15 DX11 patch level.

I like the framerate increase and DX11 definitely seems jerky now but not at the expense of steering.

And I dropped from Rank B to Rank D on MP without even playing. WTF?

I reinstalled 1809 because I couldn't get Radeon Adrenaline 2019 18.12.2 to install smoothly. DDU 18.0.0.5 seemed to terminally mess things up.

Back on the latest of everything.

Nope, definitely an issue with 2018_TTRS_3 on patch 1.15 of either DX11 or DX12 beta branches. When the beta is enabled it doesn't matter which version of the game you run, 2018_TTRS_2 has correct FFB and wheel weight. @Hoo

What I don't understand is the FFB driver is the same in both versions of the driver so it must be the game.

Going to test on the unbranched game.

So it would appear an upgrade to TTRS_3 in the unbranched game is OK. Removal of TTRS_2 and installation of TTRS_3 is not so great.

DX12 game is missing downshifts at various tracks. I think people accept there is some kind of issue at Austria (Wurth Curve) and I would like to add Britain at Becketts. It happens in all kinds of car as I've recently played classics and it happens with those too.

I have had issues with the latest Thrustmaster drivers but it persists with older drivers. It also seems to occur with the DX11 game when the DX12 branch is installed.

Stuttering is eased by dialling down the graphics settings to keep the framerate up. I can then run at 144FPS which is native on my Freesync panel.

dimon1052 said:
DX12 - absolutely brilliant! Keep up the good work! Thank you!
I wonder if anyone with DX12 can answer this question?

What is the performance difference with mGPU over SLI/Crossfire?

Vrjssa said:
dimon1052 said:

Very poor performace. https://aijaa.com/zC5mir
Why would you try to play a game with a workstation graphics card? 

Vrjssa said:
dimon1052 said:

Why would you try to play a game with a workstation graphics card? 
Why not??? It has 2x Fiji gpu:s (same as nano) and work much better at CF mode when CF support work as it should. Pro Duo is not pure "workstation card" that is false information. Actually it is gamers and creators - Yes you can use workstation drivers if you want of course.

Radeon 295x2 is just similar but older version of Pro Duo but it cannot use workstation drivers.

Both these cards work great at CF - DX11 but i think that DX12 is not implement CF support  yet.

Vrjssa said:
dimon1052 said:

Just going to drop a tag to @Hoo that maybe there is a slight chance he would see this.

UP100 said:
Vrjssa said:
dimon1052 said:

Just going to drop a tag to @Hoo that maybe there is a slight chance he would see this.
Might be more mileage in dropping AMD a line if the driver support is saggy. But I still standby my original point. It's an oddball card.

Might be more mileage in dropping AMD a line if the driver support is saggy. But I still standby my original point. It's an oddball card.

Kind of understand your opinion.
I have been use many  AMD dual gpu cards and they are sometimes challenging but rewarding what comes to performance.
I recommend to check more here

But like said it would be nice to see other results DX12 CF vs DX11 CF.
Now performance is very poor and seems to use only one gpu.

Do you have any specific information of DX12 and CF support @Hoo