Sign in to follow this  

AI limping around for multiple laps & AI sector times bugs

Question

no need for spec info, you already know the details.

AI with mechanical failures or punctures continuing to lap round the circuit and causing collisions with race leaders (bug since game release)

AI sector times in practice programs and qualifying - any AI car can set a sector time 2 seconds quicker than anyone else if session fast forwarded, simulated or player selects flying lap instead of driving out from pits (bug since patch 1.10).

Yes I'm boring going on about it, I'm bored of it, others are bored of it, Codemasters must be bored of hearing it, but these are really silly bugs that should have been fixed by now.

Stop worrying about your publicity driven esport series and focus more on fixing the game itself please? Without customers buying the game annually then esport will cease to exist.

11 answers to this question

The carreer is unplayable since 1 month, you can not forward the time in qualifications because of that stupid bug.
I realy don't care about the online mode , because the players are realy stupids.
Please Codemaster fix this AI laptime bug .

Bono00 said:
The carreer is unplayable since 1 month, you can not forward the time in qualifications because of that stupid bug.
I realy don't care about the online mode , because the players are realy stupids.

He should take care of his language and not insult.

Bono00 said:

ME ???? Sorry but I don't see any insult here, stupid is an insult for English peoples ? If that is the case , I'm sorry.

I agree with everything - the career is currently ruined and not enjoyable. I really wish Codemaster would hear us and sort this out. 

Its been over 1 month and the silence of codemaster is worrying.
Because the problem didn't exist before, I have the bad impression that they can't go back.

I discussed with other players on all platforms and the AI sector times bug appears only on the pc version.
Maybe an hardware compatibility problem???

Bono00 said:
Bono00 said:

ME ???? Sorry but I don't see any insult here, stupid is an insult for English peoples ? If that is the case , I'm sorry.
I think a little context is needed here, let's just say players are unpredictable in terms of behaviour on track, you don't see crashes in esports for sure, not deliberate ones anyway. Most crashes occur when there is lag and the contact happens on one screen and not the other and it frustrates players or an open lobby with kids who torpedo into turn 1 thinking that's how to play the game, it's not. This is the main reason I personally don't play online because I'd be paying £60 to be torpedoed every other online race not my cup of tea and I'd rather save the money than be frustrated with them.

Can confirm it happens on PS4 too

7 characters too short....
It's not just a PC problem, I can confirm after updating my own PS4 copy to.v1.14, the unrealistic lap times are occurring on my own copy. Codemasters or Bugmasters have you tracked it down yet? To be quiet for a month is worrying us now, I hope this isn't it for fixes, I'll just go play something else if that's the case. *shrugs*

Xbox after patch 1.14 asp has crazy lap times for some cars in career mode. Sauber is currently my second worst team. LeClerc managed a pole in dry conditions in Montreal despite having the second worst engine. He finished his Q lap after I crossed the finish line of my last lap.

This bug also appears when AI are on the  track at the end of the qualification session.
I'm in  pits, there is only 1 minute to the end , I'm on pole with 0.2 sec front of Verstappen, the session ends and Ai are in the last fast lap (nobody improve their sectors) black screen when the countdown ends and what a surprise!!!! 5 drivers in front of me , I'm 6th with 1.2 sec behind the poleman ..... 
What a joke , the career is completely broken !!!!

It gets worse, v1.15 appears to ignore this particular issue, now I don't know if it means they did something in one of the patches that made it irreparable or something or they just can't be bothered to listen to us again, my game is still in its box because of this rubbish (you know what I wanted to say, but I want to be civil). Sort it out guys, honestly, if there was an inkling of this bug being fixed then I wouldn't be so upset about it, it ruins career mode for me. I watched Aarava's career mode up until this bug occurred now I just see it as the AI are handicapped, team-mate is handicapped and your rival can't do anything because of penalties which should be smarter when allocated, who in their right mind thought drivers would be penalised in Australia is acceptable? Did they damage their gearbox in qualifying? No? Why have they got a 5 place grid penalty for gearbox change then? That's another thing I noticed from watching series.